• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC Definitive Edition ($40, major rework) & Devil May Cry 4 (w/ Vergil) for XB1/PS4

Sephzilla

In it for DMC4 and that's it. Wonder it capcom are releasing these games together to see which one sells better

Everyone buy DMC4 please

DmC vs DMC4, winner gets a sequel. I'm a little nervous...

To echo what I've said earlier, I think Capcom is expecting this to be a head-to-head vote for the future of the franchise. If that's true the deck is stacked against classic DMC though because DmC:DE actually offers some upgrades over its original version while DMC4's port will pretty much be left unaltered based on the lack of information given for DMC4

Jeels

I want to give this a try but the first collapsed in price so quickly... Plus thay box art is super ugly. Will wait for a digital sale.

elelunicy

If anyone buys DMC over Devil May Cry 4, you are one sick person and you are singlehandedly ruining the Devil May Cry franchise.

When I pre-ordered DmC for $49.99 I could add $10 more and get both DMC3 and DMC4 (I own neither of these games).

I didn't.

Stark

Banned
Is it just me or is the DMC4 announcement kinda buried in the midst of all the DmC talk in the press release? The Playstation twitter post about it shows nothing about DMC4, either.

And I find it frustrating for some reason. I'd like to think they have to advertise it more because they know it won't sell.

Anyway, I'll get DMC4. I'm not touching DmC. Especially if this is what it'll take for Capcom to realize.
let me believe

Carbonox

Fuck the police I'm buying both. Not the DMC5 announcement (could this announcement be a precursor or gauge?) I wanted but DMC4 ON PS4 BABY WOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
They're obviously touting the DmC remaster more because it'll feature new stuff by Ninja Theory, while DMC4 SE will just be a PC port.

TreIII

To echo what I've said earlier, I think Capcom is expecting this to be a head-to-head vote for the future of the franchise. If that's true the deck is stacked against classic DMC though because DmC:DE actually offers some upgrades over its original version while DMC4's port will pretty much be left unaltered.

Would DMC4:SE have the PC version's Legendary Dark Knight mode, at least?

This is exactly like what Capcom did with Darkstalkers. So if you want DMC5 you better buy this version of DMC4 cause if it doesn't sell you're never getting DMC5.

twdnewh_k

Play DmC guys, it really is a fantastic action game.

I remember the PC version being one of the best optimized ports. It really is a different experience at 60fps.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Where's the info on DMC4?

"Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition will be available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Summer 2015." is in the press release in the second post.

It's just casually mentioned though so we don't have much else.

Edit: I added it to the first post to make it more findable.

V_Arnold

Just saw the list of changes.
Jesus h christ, they are actually fixing the flaws of the game!

- Harder to S rank
- Nerf to demon dodge?
- Higher difficulties?
- Only dealing damage above S mode?
- Rebalanced enemy attacks and exploit/glitch fixes?
- DT no longer triggering aoe juggle?
- 20% faster turbo mode?

This turns an already VERY solid game into something I did not even dream of. Awesome.

tumblr_mhta89m9uH1rliwhjo1_500.gif

Mr. X

So they caved in and the features people wanted before release and then requested again post release finally made it in DmC?

Disappointed the Mexican Dante mod didn't make it in.

Do want DMC4 SE *drools*

Top Bottom