• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC Definitive Edition ($40, major rework) & Devil May Cry 4 (w/ Vergil) for XB1/PS4

Sesha

Now that I've calmed down, what's so special about DMC4 Special Edition? Where's the info on it?

So they caved in and the features people wanted before release and then requested again post release finally made it in DmC?

Disappointed the Mexican Dante mod didn't make it in.

Do want DMC4 SE *drools*

They took two years to get it done, but better late than never.

Let's wait and see what they've done with 4 now they have had 7 years to improve on it.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I wonder...with how well DMC4 ran on PC, do you think it would be possible if they could render the game internally at say, 4k and subsequently downsample the game upon output? Like Okami HD last gen (I think. I keep getting conflicting reports regarding that one).

Also, it would be a good yardstick to see if the general public care more about old or nu Dante.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
That is an impressive list of upgrades. Game was legit fun to play shame veterans turned their noses up to it. The graphics however were ugly on ps3 so hopefully the remake fixes the issues. Not sure if I'll double dip though.

Elginer

Where's my DMC5 Capcom? Is the notion that they've even acknowledged that DMC4 exists make it possible that we'll see Nero return? Please?!

Keasar

Does this game stack up with Bayonetta 1/2 at all? I'm definitely intrigued.
Not even close. Bayonetta is the queen of the genre. Dante is the king. Ryu Hayabusa is the champion. Donte is the jester of court. Kratos is the village fool people try to ignore.

The Fox News guy was fun the first time.
I thought he was the worst. He looked cool graphically for a second then the gameplay came out and was about jumping through hoops and slamming a button.

Will buy DMC4 since it's been years since I played it. DmC though, I'll wait for a sale.

This is assuming this releases are reasonably priced at launch of course.

Zoon

I just remembered to add dmc4 to my steam wishlist.Maybe I'll double dip and get the ps4 version as well.

Dahbomb

Bo2BG.gif

Bo2BG.gif

Bo2BG.gif

LakeEarth

I hope the DmC tweaks include making the blue weapons actually do some fucking damage. They were really good utility-wise, but whenever you went up against a crew of blue dudes, you'd be hacking at them for a while.

Sucks the remaster wasn't Dragon's Dogma. That game actually needs it.

Even though I own DMC4 for the PC, I'm buying it again, just to show support for the franchise that I want.

If DmC2 is announced, Capcom is officially dead in my eyes. I'm certainly voting with my wallet, and ignoring that piece of garbage.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
Turbo mode sounds great. I hope Konami goes the same route with the Castlevania: LoS series, since all the components are pretty much already there to make 60 FPS, up-resed, up-textured versions of those games on the new consoles.

Squishy3

That is an impressive list of upgrades. Game was legit fun to play shame veterans turned their noses up to it. The graphics however were ugly on ps3 so hopefully the remake fixes the issues. Not sure if I'll double dip though.
We turned our noses up at it because all the things being detailed for this remaster should have been in the game from day one. Even with the fixes though I bet we're still going to have buttons that don't need to exist like B for launcher and LT and RT both being dodge despite the addition of manual lock-on.

Not to mention the weak enemy design aside from Drakavacs and Dreamrunners and the existence of colored enemies.

Not a fan of DmC, but it looks like they added a lot of stuff and things requested by fans. Of course, on GAF that'll get nothing but shit.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I hope DmC sells more if that's the case.

ibg7wyUOXQB6d8.gif

Maybe I'm paranoid but I feel like Capcom wants to go with DmC going forward and this will be their excuse. Look at the way the DMC4 announcement is just buried within that press release. Look at all the upgrades to DmC while DMC4 will likely just be a straight PC port.

Hystzen

Bahaha at the DmC cover having white hair due to all insults about old Dante having it. That was not reason the game sold like shit guys or why Dmc fans had issue with game it was the gameplay

DmC didn't even beat DMC4 sales it got no chance now even catching old sales of DMC4 due to that also being released.

Still I find NT mediocre team in with solid concept artists but got give them props at least adding new stuff for a remaster.

The era of definitive editions and remasters of the games that were just released a few years ago...

Has every developer lost the ability to come up with something new?

BadWolf

Would have to be some big DMC4 additions for me to jump in.

Perfectly happy with the PS3 version.

To echo what I've said earlier, I think Capcom is expecting this to be a head-to-head vote for the future of the franchise. If that's true the deck is stacked against classic DMC though because DmC:DE actually offers some upgrades over its original version while DMC4's port will pretty much be left unaltered based on the lack of information given for DMC4

Don't think so.

This would imply that the next DMC isn't in the works at all.

If they wait for remaster sales numbers to decide what route to follow then we won't see a new DMC till the end of this gen. That makes no sense at all.

In it for DMC4: SE if it has some good additions. Don't give two shits about DmC or its developer.

Hopefully this means possible DD remaster later?

JawzPause

"Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition will be available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Summer 2015." is in the press release in the second post.

It's just casually mentioned though so we don't have much else.

Edit: I added it to the first post to make it more findable.

Ah thanks. Strange way to announce it considering DMC4 was much more popular than DmC

Top Bottom