• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do GAF girls act like men in threads ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
srenity said:
dwqc9d.jpg
Ah , I see you've played Knifey-Spoony before!

Teknoman

Really its the same way most male huge sports fans act when they find out a woman they know/are related to/ involved in a relationship with are just as big a sports fan as they are. The majority of people still associate gaming/anything involved with entertainment tech. as something strictly liked by guys. When they find a woman who has the same level of interest in those types of things, they are shocked.

Same thing happens if a woman walks into a game/movie store, and asks for something thats usually seen as a nerdy game or something usually played/watched by guys.

Munch

LizardKing said:
i just checked out ONTD. hilarious. it's like bizarro gaf.

Nah, I think people on GAF are waaay more open minded than the people on ONTD. I normally see you guys try to explain certain concepts (race, sex, sexuality, political related topics) to people who don't seem to get it and you guys seem to be exasperated but at the same time willing to inform. ONTD is more exasperation and just insulting and telling you to read a book but never giving you a book title or a website on where to start.

Sometimes I wonder why I'm still a member of ONTD.

Zeppu

So has this turned into an "Ask Girl-GAF" yet? I need to ask something to girls who I don't know personally.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Munch said:
Nah, I think people on GAF are waaay more open minded than the people on ONTD. I normally see you guys try to explain certain concepts (race, sex, sexuality, political related topics) to people who don't seem to get it and you guys seem to be exasperated but at the same time willing to inform. ONTD is more exasperation and just insulting and telling you to read a book but never giving you a book title or a website on where to start.

Sometimes I wonder why I'm still a member of ONTD.
What's ONTD?

Hitokage said:
Words have power because they communicate thoughts, ideas, and feelings. Otherwise, you might as well be a hermit.
I'M A HERMIT!

Anyway I never told anyone I was a guy, they just assumed so because of the dirty words and beard.

I think I was born a lesbian trapped in a mans body.

Replicant

Inanna said:
What's ONTD?

OH NO THEY DIDN'T

It's good for keeping up to date with the latest entertainment/celebrity news. And since the filter is fans, pretty much anything goes. There are stuff you wouldn't see in other online publication being published there. Cue hilarious reactions.

But that site is a proof that females can troll as hard as males can.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Replicant said:

OH NO THEY DIDN'T

It's good for keeping up to date with the latest entertainment/celebrity news. And since the filter is fans, pretty much anything goes. There are stuff you wouldn't see in other online publication being published there. Cue hilarious reactions.

But that site is a proof that females can troll as hard as males can.
Skimmed through the front page, looks very interesting. Thanks for the link!

Replicant

Inanna said:

I am in the middle of reading everyone's hysteric reaction to a new "The Human Centipede" post. It's always a pleasure to read their meltdown. :lol :lol :lol

Munch

Inanna said:

Its interesting, but it can get infuriating at the same time.

If this turns into an Ask Girl-GAF, things are going to get so weird. You just know it's going to.

Also, I posted in that D&D thread, but no one else has posted yet. :|

Baki

Munch said:
I admit to looking for girl gamer websites/groups/message boards because I didn't (at the time) have many friends who played video games. I'm looking for friends who are girls who play video games to hang out with but never seem to have any luck. I listen to Some Other Podcast for female perspective on games just because its cool to hear fellow girls talk about video games. I don't join them just so they can toot how sexy they are or how much ass they kick. It just seems like a lot of girls I run into don't play video games so I try to find female friends who are like minded.

Unfortunately, all the girls who seem to be into video games at my university are nuts and into (heavily) anime and seem to have weird socializing skills. So far I haven't found a female friend who I can be close to about other things and sit down and play video games with. And all the message boards I try to find are always old and outdated.

Most people don't tend to publicise certain interests (anime, sometimes gaming..). Take me for example, I don't publicise that I watch enough anime to make my eyes bleed. :lol But if it comes up, I'll chip in.

PounchEnvy said:
I act like a male but I am a male. Just wanted to point that out.

23u7voo.jpg

Vox-Pop said:

I'm at a "Red-Brick" University and I've made tons of friends.

josephdebono said:
Yeh, as if you know a guy who owns these:

All_sizes.JPG

Ooo.. I remember those. Pretty popular when I was a kid.

Salacious Crumb said:
I know me.
:lol :lol

trollcity said:
yeah, and would a guy have these:

Ponyroom1.jpg

Mother......

trollcity said:
i've got these:

LockesKnifeCollection3.jpg

Split-Personality or crazy ass female ninja agent confirmed?

wRATH2x said:
....For the time being as I'm going to a university this August/September. I'm basically there to waste time and get credits.

Its not like I care what you think anyway, you're going to die a friendless virgin.
:lol :lol :lol

thebestjess said:
nah i just had two black eyes. i do a lot of shit talking
:lol So awesome.

Zeppu

Baki said:
Split-Personality or crazy ass female ninja agent confirmed?

The appeal of crazy ass female ninja agents has substantially and drastically decreased since Naruto was created.
fucking sakura

Scribble

I keep looking at the thread title and thinking that someone posted a parody thread of the original named "Do GAF guys act like girls in threads?"

Zomo

I don't really understand how girls are meant to act on a forum? I just assume everyone is a guy :lol

Zomo

salva said:
Well unless you're popular here and make yourself known as a girl then yeah, most people will asume you're a dude.

I'm still only a junior so i'm definitely not popular.
I don't see why it would matter if i was viewed as a guy or a girl on an internet forum like Gaf so its all good :D

Baki

josephdebono said:
The appeal of crazy ass female ninja agents has substantially and drastically decreased since Naruto was created.
fucking sakura

So true. :lol

Red Scarlet said:
Ibuki is still cool though.

Ah..But Ibuki is a dude...Right?

josephdebono said:
Nice flirting bro.

:lol

Zomo said:
So on gaf i am viewed as a man... i can live with that.

Pretty much. Male till proven female is the general rule of thumb.

Red Scarlet said:
I think that's how they and like all 'girl-age' threads go.

This technically isn't a girl-age thread.

dragonlife29 said:
I'm a girl pretending to be a gay man.

Not anymore. :lol

Red Scarlet

It only really matters if you are the type that has to go and join stuff like this:
Gorgeous Girl Gamers - Public
2,966 Members | 80 In-Game | 421 Online | 0 In Group Chat
Hot Girl Gamers from all over the world!!!

Looks and reflexes that could kill. These girls are hot and know how to pwn you.

Baki said:

No, the Street Fighter 3 character.

It's not, but it has already had its share of creepy, like most girl-age threads.

Zomo

Baki said:
So true. :lol

:lol

Pretty much. Male till proven female is the general rule of thumb.

Not anymore. :lol

Its so hard to prove that you're a girl though :lol

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Eh, they've got nothing to prove anyway. The only people who ask for proof are generally the ones you wanna stay clear from anyway.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
I was hoping for some pictures to back up the "I'm a girl" claims by now. Disappoint.

edit:

^^^^^^^

this guy is right on. you probably want to stay away from me.

Baki

Red Scarlet said:
It only really matters if you are the type that has to go and join stuff like this:

No, the Street Fighter 3 character.

It's not, but it has already had its share of creepy, like most girl-age threads.

..Oh. That does make sense. But to be fair, Ibuki is a bit of tom-boy. :lol

PS: What anime is your avatar from? Is it a studio Ghibli movie?

Zomo said:
Its so hard to prove that you're a girl though :lol

"Pics or it didn't happen" is the general motto for places like GAF. But to be fair, that motto is just a trap.

Big Ass Ramp said:
I was hoping for some pictures to back up the "I'm a girl" claims by now. Disappoint.

See.

Gc1FS.gif

Red Scarlet

Baki said:
..Oh. That does make sense. But to be fair, Ibuki is a bit of tom-boy. :lol

PS: What anime is your avatar from? Is it a studio Ghibli movie?

"Pics or it didn't happen" is the general motto for places like GAF. But to be fair, that motto is just a trap.

See.

Gc1FS.gif

I thought it was "tits or gtfo". It's just a fanart of Bulleta being shown how to make bombs by her grandma:
bulletaqualitytime.bmp

Baki

Red Scarlet said:
I thought it was "tits or gtfo". It's just a fanart of Bulleta being shown how to make bombs by her grandma:
bulletaqualitytime.bmp

Actually, you're probably right on that one.

And is it me or does that little girl look like an anime version of red riding hood.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Baki said:
Actually, you're probably right on that one.

And is it me or does that little girl look like an anime version of red riding hood.

I had always assumed it was anime red riding hood. :/

Red Scarlet

It's just Bulleta/B.B. Hood from Darkstalkers/Vampire Savior. You know, the one that uses uzis, bazookas, land mines, apple bombs, knives, and stuff.

Londa

Banned
I think its kind of wrong to think everyone is male unless you post a pic of yourself as female just because this is mainly a gaming forum.

wRATH2x

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
It's just Bulleta/B.B. Hood from Darkstalkers/Vampire Savior. You know, the one that uses uzis, bazookas, land mines, apple bombs, knives, and stuff.
So thats where it came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom