• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you arrive on time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

It's a simple question that kind of bothers and I'd like to hear what's GAF opinion on this. Let's say that you have to meet someone, who isn't a guy you meet everyday but neither a stranger, so you don't really have to be formal. Do you arrive late at your destination or not?

I usually tend to arrive early, about 10-15 minutes earlier than the time we've decided. Of course I always have to wait. 10 or 15 minutes aren't much, but when the other person arrives 15 minutes late, I've waited for half an hour. I could say that this happens with certain individuals only, but that would not be true. Even when I have to meet, let's say 10 people, it would be a miracle to find 1 or 2 there before the appointed time and usually the last one arrives very later. I really think that the times I've found people that arrived in time or on time are really much, much fewer than when people arrive (really) late.

The thing is, that I find this rather impolite. Especially when they don't have a real reason for being late. I can understand if someone is stuck on traffic or something, but shouldn't they have included a possibility of being late in their estimated time of arrival? I guess arriving early is my mistake, but I just want to make sure I won't be late, because some means of transport can be unreliable when you're a bit away from your destination. Arriving 20+ minutes late though, is really inexcusable sometimes.

So, do you arrive on time, early or late?

Edit2: Please lock. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1160012 Sorry. :(

Do you arrive in the right forum?

I barely arrive on time. I'm so bad at keeping punctuality it's almost laughable.. for the first 5 times, then you just get annoyed with me. It's not uncommon for me to arrive 30 minutes, an hour, 2 hours late. Really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom