• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you collect Achievements/Trophies?

Do you collect achievements?

• Yes

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • I do not care

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters

Spyxos

Gold Member
I collected them briefly on the Xbox 360 until a game for whatever reason would not unlock 1000 gamerscore and I already had about 30 hours + of game time. That was the last time. I have 47k Gamerscore and only 4 Platinum Trophies.

Most of it was accumulated simply by playing. How does it look for you guys? Are they important to you? Do you collect them?

They have become an afterthought to me. Nothing of value, and I don't see the point in them anymore. I wish I had the option to opt out of them, not just hiding notifications for them.

yunkaiza

I have about 20 platinums and 1 100% on Steam but I've slowed down a lot recently.

For me I just like thinking that I've fully completed something and never have to play it again but after playing Metro Exodus I realised that I was having significantly less fun because of my focus being on the trophies.

If a game's platinum looks easily obtainable I'll go for it but otherwise I just can't be bothered anymore and will stop playing a game once the credits roll.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
I did for some periods of time. Now I look up the list once I finished a game only for some chievo's close to completion and might get them done. If I really like a game and they are easy Im willing to do 100%

MikeM

I love trophies but I don’t buy games to just trophy hunt. However, I will look at the list to see if it is one I will realistically attempt to platinum.
I also enjoy the pops of Xbox achievements but no desire to 100% them.
Generally, I look at trophies/achievements overall as a signal and record of game progression.

My count is:
- 3700+ trophies, 19 of them platinums.
- 54k gamerscore
- Just got back into PC gaming, so have maybe 30 Steam achievements? They do not hit the same way for whatever reason.

Games without these feel like they are missing something. Its why I only buy games off Xbox, PS or Steam storefronts.

Filben

I like when it pops up and sometimes it adds a challenge. But I don't play specifically for them. If I beat a game I'm done with it and don't care about achievements I didn't get.

Aenima

I have to say yes because already have more than 80 platinums, but most of the time i dont really care. I see thophies as extra goals for games i finished and still want to play a bit more.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Nope, they are simply an annoyance to me, guess I should figure out how to turn the annoying pop-ups off.

ParaSeoul

I mean I get them when playing and I'll try to get as many but I won't feel too bad if I didn't get them all

Rockman33

I’ve always really enjoyed achievements and trophies. I never play games specifically to get them but if I play a game I like a lot they incentivize me to play that particular game in a way I probably otherwise wouldn’t have.

Xbox - 144,311
PS - 11 Plat, lvl 232

stn

For games I really like where I don't have to commit tons of hours, sure. I have 94k gamerscore on Xbox, but I've had the same account since the OG days, and I have 12 plats across all PS consoles.

reinking

Gold Member
I do not hunt for achievements or trophies. Cool for you folks that like them but felt like it was a waste of time. Those trophies that require multiple playthroughs are a joke IMO.

manfestival

Never cared for them. I remember how big of a deal it was to some people back during the 360 vs ps3 days how some people laughably brought it up as a plus side. I guess it can be kinda a dopamine rush to some if you get it but never mattered to me. I dont think I have a single 100%.

Laptop1991

Not a lot, but i have on occasion, rarely have a completed all of them on a game, there is still 2 on the original Skyrim i haven't got lol.

Topher

Gold Member
Only Platinums. Individual trophies and achievements do not really mean much to me. Getting the Platinum is worthy accomplishment in my mind so if a game has a Plat that looks like it would be fun to get (and has no online requirements) then I'll go after it.

Otherwise, nah. That's why achievements do not really do anything for me outside of rewards points.

My trophy count:

Re28JH1.png

Gamerscore is 9k

Out of all that the only number that is meaningful to me is 26 plats

Last edited:

begotten

I'm a completionist in general so if I like the game and it has a reasonable list I will most likely 100% it.

I have 91K Gamerscore most of that came pre-2012/13.
174 Platinums.
A bunch of Steam & Origin achievements I don't give a shit about, but I do have Slay The Spire 100%'d on every platform.
Got some really hard stuff.
No achievements that were paid for or stacked (If they ever fixed this shit I would find achievement hunting more credible)

Last edited:

Freeman76

I used to but i enjoy games more since i stopped caring. If a game is special enough I will sometimes go for the 1k but 90%of the time i dont even look at them anymore

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Can't care less, to be honest, especially considering that a lot of the tasks required to collect trophies and achievements are tedious chores.

I already have a job.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Only Platinums. Individual trophies and achievements do not really mean much to me. Getting the Platinum is worthy accomplishment in my mind so if a game has a Plat that looks like it would be fun to get (and has no online requirements) then I'll go after it.

Otherwise, nah. That's why achievements do not really do anything for me outside of rewards points.

My trophy count:

Re28JH1.png

Gamerscore is 9k

Out of all that the only number that is meaningful to me is 26 plats
Interesting, but why is it only the Platinum trophies for you? To me, they're all kind of the same.

I go through phases where I'll tackle trophies or achievements for certain games.

Games like the Last of Us part 1 and 2 I won't care and play strictly for the storyline.

Topher

Gold Member
Interesting, but why is it only the Platinum trophies for you? To me, they're all kind of the same.

Yeah, I get that, but to me it is a completionist thing I guess. If I'm going to pay attention to trophies for a game then I want to get them all or none at all. It has to be some OCD thing, I'm thinking.

bender

What time is it?
I paid attention to achievements in the 360 era. Recently with Microsoft Rewards, I try to collect an achievement a day.

Damigos

I ve done my fair share of trophy whoring, but no more. I only get 100%/platinum on something that i am either very close on getting after finishing the game or i enjoy the game too much. And for the love of god, i never go after multiplayer trophies

Kev Kev

I mostly don't care about them. If it sounds like a fun challenge then I'll go for it, especially if it unlocks in-game content.

I love my trophies and have a streak of over 5 years now--meaning since March 24th, 2018 there has not been a single day I have not unlocked at least one trophy.

I decide when I start a game whether I will platinum/100% it or not. I love the fun of chasing them all and improving my play with repeat playthroughs under challenging conditions.

Current trophy level--518
Platinums--180

Top Bottom