• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you like your body?

Peltz

Yes. But I kill myself to look good. Literally working out 10 hours a week or so. And I wish I had more time to be even better.

Yes, but for as active as I am I am constantly comparing myself to people who are much more slender than me. I'm 240 pounds, 6'4", which technically puts me into the upper end of overweight. Just being active, and seeing progress I make in activities that I've put effort into is really neat. The changes I made several years ago where my body went from being fat and obese to rather muscular and overweight was just great.

This summer I focused on mountain biking. One of the hills I started with I had to take a very long break - nearly threw up doing it the first time. I can now do that hill without stopping. The last time I did that course I took 23 minutes off of my personal record, and that felt really amazing.

As someone who did the whole videogames all day every day thing when I was younger, I really appreciate how my body feels now that I have diversified myself into other activities, and it just makes my life so much more interesting, and it feels a lot more complete.

Mostly. I need to get back down in the 150lb zone. My body stores fat on the sides and almost only the sides. If I could be two inches taller I'd love it.

I can only lose weight if my daily calorie count tops out at 1400. Anything over 1600 and I gain weight.

Laieon

For the most part, yeah. I've always had an incredibly tiny appetite though (eating anything kind of feels like a chore to me), so I've always been slightly underweight. Would love to weigh more.

I also have very tiny hands, so would be nice if they were bigger. That ship has obviously sailed though, I'm too old for those to grow any bigger.

Roubjon

I'm trying very hard to lose weight and work towards a body that isn't lardo status. I went from 175 to 265 in around 1.5 years and now I'm trying to get back to how I was. I'm now 208 after a year of getting back into working out and eating healthily, but this is really challenging to do with an eating disorder. And what sucks is I've done permanent damage to my skin with how fast I ballooned out. I'll always have stretchmark ridden flab :(

I have anterior pelvic tilt, so a bit self conscious about it. Working on fixing that with stretches and exercise though.

(It basically makes my butt and stomach protrude artificially and it looks really weird)

Chipotle

When I was younger I suffered from really bad depression for years and put on weight through the inactivity, bad diet etc that stemmed from it. My mental health has started to be a lot better and more stable over the last couple of years but I've not really got to the point where I'm very comfortable with my body. I feel really self conscious about exercising and in general I'm quite avoidant about stuff relating to my appearance because it's kind of a reminder of how difficult things have been for me in the past.

Creepy

Oh boy...

Was born a dude, in my teens was very slim, curvy and feminine, pretty even.
Mistakenly thought I was trans (In short due to a bunch of fetishes), spent my late teens and all of my twenties turning myself into a (pretty damn hot) woman.
With the drastically reduced testosterone no longer fuelling my desires I slowly realised I maybe wasn't actually trans, now I'm trying to reverse it all.

So now I'm a 30 year old dude with a chicks body and face... I still get called lady and whatever outside, despite adopting a male wardrobe again.
I've somehow become a sort of transman despite actually being born male.
...yup...

boiled goose

good with gravy
90 percent is pretty good.
10 percent is fine.

Lucky to be in good health, have no disabilities, good enough shape, good proportions all around, attractive .

Most obvious "flaw" is that I'm bald, but I look good with shaved head and it doesn't really affect confidence or dating .

GamerJM

Banned
I mostly don't care about it. I really don't like it, but I don't really care about how my or anyone else's body looks for the most part, so it's not a big deal to me.

RC0101

Trying to lose weight and I'm at 215 right now (want to be 200-205), I was as high as 230. Diabetes runs in my family so I'm pretty scared I have it or will get it.

I have been watching my calories and exercising so I'm hoping to hit my goal weight in the next few weeks. Luckily exercise has become habit to the point that I feel bad when I miss a day.

No, I wish I was a bit more average size rather than overweight/slightly obese like I am. I know I can fix it by working out more and cutting some stuff out of my diet, like pop, but I haven't quite gotten the motivation to do it yet.

I don't need to be muscular or anything, just an average size would make me happy.

At least I don't hate my facial features as much as I used to though. If I changed my hairstyle I'm sure that I would actually be pretty happy with my face at least.

Oh boy...

Was born a dude, was very slim, curvy and feminine, pretty even.
Mistakenly thought I was trans (In short due to a bunch of fetishes), spent my late teens and all of my twenties turning myself into a (pretty damn hot) woman.
With the drastically reduced testosterone no longer fuelling my desires I slowly realised I maybe wasn't actually trans, now I'm trying to reverse it all.

So now I'm a 30 year old dude with a chicks body and face... I still get called lady and whatever outside, despite adopting a male wardrobe again.
I've somehow become a sort of transman despite actually being born male.
...yup...
Sorry to intrude, but to get HRT which I assume you were on, don't you need to pass several evals from medical experts? So you were mistakenly revealed?

Also could there be a possibility you are gender fluid?

jiiikoo

Banned
My head started balding when I was 17 and I am pretty short (175cm/5'9) sooo .... Well at least I have pretty fast metabolism so I can eat pretty much anything and stay fit so my body has one positive feature too lol.

Short? I'd give up my arm to be 175cm. I'm only 165.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
No, my body is an nonfunctional piece of shit that will eventually be the "natural causes" death of me at any random moment

Sort of. I can get very depressed about my body and the ideals I aspire to be, but sometimes I appreciate how I'm built and how I look.
It's difficult to talk about, but I find the effects of dysphoria warp my mental image of myself on occasions... but then it also helps me embrace certain aspects of my appearance also.
Sometimes I wish I weren't so tall. Sometimes I wish I had more muscle, yet often I find no desire to build up whatsoever (because I really don't yearn for a particularly masculine figure). I do wish I didn't have to shave. Bane of my life. I'm happy with my weight, though. Very happy, to be fair - I've never had any problems with gaining weight and I sit just below the 'perfect' BMI for my height/age.

Guess a mixed bag of feelings on the whole. Sometimes I can appreciate who I am and find the advantages and positive aesthetics of my image - and at other times I wish I could just be born again.

No, I think I have a terrible looking body. It contributes to my low self esteem sometime, but I could fix it if I wanted to I guess. My face is my biggest issue though. I can workout or whatever all I want, but I'll still have the same face. There is no fixing that. Except plastic surgery probably.

dh4niel

I'm happy with everything neck up and waist down. It's just the middle I have an issue with. I've gone from slim to fat and back again so many times I've kinda wrecked it.

Koopatrol

I could probably try to get more lean or something, but whatever. I'd also love to be half an inch taller so I could be a legitimate 6'1". Overall I'm pretty happy tho.

Weckum

Sometimes. Lost about 60lbs/30kg and gained a bit of muscle, but there's still enough flab for me to not be happy. I'm tall, so even when I was 240lbs/118kg nobody thought I was fat, but I was.

I was okay until I hooked up with a girl, took off my shirt and got 'wow, don't you work out?' as a reply. That hurt, especially since she knew I lost that much weight.

I'm 5'11" with a slim/athletic body at like 145 lbs. I was like 165 at one point and chunky, but I then had a inflamed stomach that put me where I'm am now. The things I would change is just to be a little taller, and I think that's it. I just need to go to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned and I'm good to go. Though appearance wise, I would say I'm average. Sadly I don't think I was given the attractive genes like my brother has.

Creepy

Sorry to intrude, but to get HRT which I assume you were on, don't you need to pass several evals from medical experts? So you were mistakenly revealed?

Also could there be a possibility you are gender fluid?

I knew exactly what to say to get what I wanted.
So I guess deep down I always sort of knew, but just ignored it.

I'm not the most level headed person.

The genderfluid thing is a possibility though, I don't have any super strong feelings one way or the other.

I knew exactly what to say to get what I wanted.
So I guess deep down I always sort of knew, but just ignored it.

I'm not the most level headed person.

The genderfluid thing is a possibility though, I don't have any super strong feelings one way or the other.
Alright, thank you for your response.

sorry you went through that, but know you can't really blame yourself. Brains are friggin weird

Trace

Banned
I'm tall and fat. Well, if 6'2" is considered tall.

Would rather not be fat but I've put in no effort on that front, so aside from that I'm pretty happy with my body.

MarkusRJR

Nope. Gained a lot of weight in conjunction with my depression + really bad anxiety problems. Getting back into university has kept me on a constant work out schedule + nutrition plan though so I'm hopefully going to be getting back in shape.

I'll probably never really like my body but I just want to not feel grossed out by it.

____

Overall, yes.

I've been "slim" most of my life, but athletically so. The only real change that ever is noticeable is when I'm out of shape and sit down, I get a minor belly-roll.

Even when I'm super out of shape, it's not that noticeable and when I change my diet and get in the gym, I begin to see results in even the first week. By week 3-4, I look like I never stopped working out. My overall weight also fluctuates between 185-190, but not much outside of that, no matter what my habits are.

I'm definitely not as fit as I want to be, but that's due to my laziness, weekend beer-binging, and have been stuffing my face and not working out for close to a year. I'm gonna get back in shape starting next week, tho. Moving into an apt building this week that has an on-site gym. STOKED.

I like how it looks but I hate that it takes so much fuckin work to get there. My genetics suck. They want me to be skinny and its a motherfucker trying to stay big.

In some ways yes, in others no.

I'm cool with my height and whatnot. I think I'm too skinny right now, but I can just put on muscle so that's whatever.

I used to be fat though, and have gnarly stretch marks all over my body from that. These aren't standard thin ones, but rather deep and wide ones that make me look like I was mauled by a tiger or some shit. I have a bit of loose skin as well.

I also retain fat on my face pretty easily, so even though I'm skinny it seems like my facial features only show when I'm dehydrated.

BashNasty

In general, yes, I think my body is pretty good. I'm tall and well built, despite not working out as much as I should. That said, I suffer from really dry skin and I could stand to lose about 10 pounds, so there's always room for improvement.

Pretty much. Wish I'd taken better care of myself when I was younger. If I ate and exercised like I do now when I was in my 20's, I would've been a damn handsome man. I bust my ass just so I don't look like a scarecrow with a beer gut. God forbid I drink a 6-er and have some pizza over the weekend. Takes nearly a week to work that shit off.

RDreamer

I'm probably in the best shape of my life but I could always be better. I'm 6'3" 161 pounds. Lost like 80 pounds about 2 years ago now and have been keeping track of my diet and doing a ton of exercise ever since. Nowadays I bike 15-20 miles every single day.

That said, my hair could be a bit more cooperative I suppose, and the skin on my hands breaks out ridiculously annoyingly. And my teeth are terrible. One in particular broke like three times when I was younger and now it's kinda chipped.

I think my body's fine as long as I keep the weight off. I'm aging pretty well without the weight. Before I lost it though I looked like a bloated mess.

emalord

I quite like myself. Im 50 and most of the people guess I'm 40 usually
I should weigh 10kg less to feel really okay tho

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Yes and no? There are things I don't like about my body but I'm also 100% happier with my body since I've lost a ton of weight.

I don't want to flat out say "no", but I am a bit underweight so I guess I'm not 100% satisfied. My metabolism is so fast I swear it's nearly impossible for me to gain weight. I'm a 23y/o male at 5'7" and 115lbs (170cm, 52kg) I weighted 126lbs (57kg) back in high school but stress from a breakup after graduating and my one year in University dropped my weight down to 115 within months and I'd been stuck there for the past 5 years. I have zero body fat so I'm trying to see if there's a way I can gain muscle mass at this point without going to a gym. Maybe I'll buy a bucket of whey and drink 3 cups of it a day and see if that helps.

Almond

Nope. And I never will. Never.

I'd love to to go into one of my "self tear-down" modes right now, but certain people don't need to read certain things.

I'm close or roughly 6' tall, never been skinny but not really overweight by a wide margin, can't really grow in good facial hair for anything, and people still think I'm a high schooler despite encroaching near 30.

Physically I've never really been active and only recently tried working on muscles beyond what I do for work, though I feel tired and exhausted most of the time but I don't know whether that is lifestyle or mental problem. I think I have a very minor gender dysphoria issue but that might just be my ambiguous sexual interests clouding my judgement. I've also have what I can only assume is a mild longterm depression for the past 15 years of my life so my personal view of myself would likely be affected by it.

So do I like my body? It's alright. It's nothing to get narcissistic about, any fantasy of passing as a female for me personally is probably better left as that, and I doubt I could pull off any handsome male look either, but I could be worse off in many other ways so I'm alright with it.

Top Bottom