• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you like your body?

No, I do not like my body, but it's my fault for being the way it is. I'm not fat but I have a dad bod and I'm not even a dad yet.

cvxfreak

95%, yes. I don't like how I've inherited my parents' tendency to have visceral fat in the abdomen area, and I honestly hate how my hair is unmanageable when it's short. Other than childhood asthma, I think I turned out okay.

Mahonay

Banned
It's ok I guess. I'm short but naturally skinny/athletic. I need to start working out again though. I'm kind of skinny fat at the moment.

ikuze

I'm still working on getting fit, but I wouldn't say I dislike my body in it's current form.

Also, since I'm still a junior member, my schlong hasn't reached it's full potential yet.

draetenth

No, due to a genetic disorder I have:

1) an underbite (corrected with surgery at the cost of feeling in my lips only to regrow somewhat)...
2) paralysis in the right side of my face
3) can't hear without hearing aids
4) need glasses/contacts
5) Have various joints issues.

Nothing I can do about it unless I can swap bodies or something...

No and no matter how much I hit the gym I don't think I ever will.
If you look at me from the side I look normal/muscular but when you look at me from the front I look too wide so when I wear a shirt I still look kinda fat if you look at me from the front. I hate looking at myself in the mirror from the front and avoid reflections of myself when facing forward. I'll get over it at some point I guess.... the older I get the less I care what others think of me but this is the one thing I'm having a hard time accepting haha.

Guevara

I feel like In my thirties I finally hit what works for me. What I need to eat and wear, how I need to work out and sleep, to really feel my best.

I feel great most of the time, and when I don't I usually know why.

Yes and No I'd say.

I occasionally go to the gym, when I'm doing like deadlifts or see myself in the mirror sometimes I see the potential if I could just commit and get over my general shyness of "going all out" while working out my results by now would be amazing most likely. I only go when it's empty at like 6am or closer to 11pm.

I have good teeth, about 6'1 or 2, decent to somewhat better skin complexion, great finger nails that I always get complimented on lol, nice hair texture from being in a mixed family. No real complaints from other people about my looks or ahem lower half
though i could go for it being thicker personally

Personally though, hate my eyes, quality that is. I'm blind as a bat and too sensitive to wear contacts regularly. They are a pain to put in imo. I have some but not a lot back hair only at the top shoulders which I hate! a bit of a gut from all the drinking the last two years, my left leg, and foot both have been swollen since birth, needing me to elevate it every day after work to make it look slightly normalish no one really notices but eventually they do, its a real complex for me.

I don't like my body but I don't have any real complaints yet since its not broken down on me so far.

highrider

Banned
I can't complain, I'm tall, seem to metabolize food well, I'm not buffed but have fairly natural musculature. And I'm 50 so people already cut me a lot of slack being old lol.

Dead Guy

I don't like the way I look at all but at least i have all my limbs and am (generally) healthy so it could be worse I suppose

I'm short and until my 30s was obese my entire life, and now I have to work 10x as hard as regular people seemingly to maintain a healthy weight. Hate it.

It's pretty nice (ladies tell me I'm tall and sexy) but like everyone out there I can get insecure about it.

Trying to work on my self confidence so I can love it all the time.

I think it's the worst part about me. I am not saying I am ugly or anything like that, but it definitely makes me feel insecure if I take off my shirt. The good news is that I have improved my health as well how my body looks like the past couple of years significantly. Hopefully this will continue.

Anura

In some ways yes and in others no. I mean, I'm trans so there's that... but I've also finally gotten to the point where I can pass with ease. I'm tall at five foot ten but I'm also very skinny with long legs. I'm certainly far the most attractive women ever but I've got a round face and wear glasses so it kinda gives me a "cute nerd girl" type aesthetic.There are still plenty of things I'd like to change but I think I'm finally becoming happy with myself or at the very least content

Yazzees

No. Overweight, manboobs, and started losing my hair at 19 (25 now and keeping it shaved).

#1 is straightforward to fix although some loose skin is to be expected.
#2 kinda ties into #1 although it'll need surgery at some point to look truly normal.
#3....I'm over it now, but it was emotionally torturous when it started. Luckily I'm brown and look fine with a shaved head.

Jubbe

Look, my body could be better but it is at the balance point where I'm happy enough with it to not increase the amount of effort I put in.

Nicolada

Personally I wish I could gain weight more easily. But I'm satisfied with being nice and slim, it's a good look for me. And I'm very happy with stuff like my height, nose, hair and whatever.

Herne

There is a fatty substance between my brain and my pituitary gland that stopped the gland from developing properly, which effected all the other glands. I have to take replacement medicine for them. I look very young a year out from 40 partly because of this. I have a low immune system and osteoporosis, with doctors watching for spinal curvature. I'm 5.3" (I think).

So, no. Not really, no.

There's a lot I like about it. There's some stuff I'm not totally satisfied with. Some of that stuff could be fixed with diet and weightlifting. Some of it can't really be changed at all.

It is what it is.

Painguy

Overall yes, the obligatory giant GAFfer penis, I'm pretty built and in shape, good head on my shoulders. Only issue is that I'm 5'5. Most of the time it doesn't bother me and I don't think about it, but sometimes it can really suck cuz like I can't stand too far in pools or the ocean lol. Dat short life tho.

It's a love hate.

I'm a fairly highly attractive guy. That said I've changed body shapes a bit over the past few years. Was used to being very slim (in the 145lb) range for most of my 20's. Then got into a weightlifting regimen and got up to 175lb. Not sure how I felt about it honestly. Had more muscle but I almost felt like me (and women) preferred the slim look. Now I'm somewhere in between trying to figure out if I should go back to lifting or slim down to around 155lb (currently around 162lb)

Jigorath

Banned
I finally got myself in pretty good shape last year so yeah.

I think my ears are a little too big but I also don't think anyone notices that except me.

Good god, no. I think the only thing I like about my entire body is the small beauty mark on my chest just below my right collar, and I'm not even sure why I like it.

Jasup

Yes.
I mean yes, I am nearing my 40's, I'm a bit on the obese side of the weight scale (with good sized belly), my hair is thinning and have issues with my legs, back and skin etc. etc. But then again I still can do both hard physical labour and cognitive tasks with relative ease.

It's a working body and I like it like that.

iosa

It used to be worst.

2 years ago I was 240+ (5'7) and now I'm down to 150.

The only problem is that i still have some fat around my waist and with my skin being a little loose there, that looks disgusting.

I probably should work out to try to improve that but I'm so lazy. I'll still need chirurgie though I think to fix the extra skin problem.

Jumeira

Banned
I hate that eating high calorie food on rare occasions can have such an adverse effect on my progress. I generally eat healthy, cut out trans fats, carbs with great difficulty and perseverance, yet my friends can eat whatever they want and maintain a similar shape to me.

I have to work harder in the gym and with my diet to get the same gains as some of my friends, so on that respect, no not happy with not being able to understand my body.

I have great legs and booty, but I work hard for it. Not happy with belly fat though.

Top Bottom