• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you shower or bathe? At night or in the morning?

Nightfall

Shower in the morning. I like to feel fresh when starting the day. Also my hair would look like a greasy mess otherwise.

During summer also a shower in the evening or after sports.

The night shower people, when you wake up what's your method for fixing messy bedhead hair? Do you just wet and dry your hair using the sink and your hands or what?

Buy one of these for a buck or two:

Code:
[IMG]http://solariatech.com/23-266-thickbox/vaporisateur-pulverisateur.jpg[/IMG]

Anteater

depends, I usually shower in the morning if I'm heading out and do another quick shower at night, but if I'm just out to do something real quick I don't bother with the shower until after I get home.

Days where I stay home I shower in the evening, usually after I come back from running.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Shower, in the evening. No time for that in the morning, I'll take the extra sleep every time.

Also, going to bed with dirty hair/body/etc? Have fun changing sheets every single day, I guess? I'm sure some of you do that anyway, but I'd rather not.

how the fuck do people go to bed after being out all day, that’s gross. Take a shower at night and get all of outside off of you.

Some people don't get all disgusting.

You'll love this..I sometimes don't shower at all on weekends and when I do Monday morning my hair is fabulous lol

Threads like these are always so funny. It's never just a matter of personal preference... Some people are compelled to deride other people's perfectly normal hygiene choices. "YOU SHOWER IN THE MORNING!?! GOOD LUCK DELOUSING YOUR SHIT ENCRUSTED SHEETS YOU PIGS!"

79e75512352ce120a3bd9c50fb5b3660--bubble-baths-hard-days.jpg

I'm shaking my head at the people who shower every other day. Wash your asses man! Pissing and farting all day; that shit ain't working.

I dont feel disgusting therefore I'm not dirty so I hop into bed. I wear clean pajamas therefore I'm clean for bed. I shower in the morning because 8 hours in bed is more disgusting than 8 hours in an office? I don't get how you can not shower before bed. Sleeping in filth, of course you'd want a morning shower. I love doing both.

Shadybiz

Shower in the morning every day. If I exercise in the afternoon, I'll shower after that as well, because I sweat buckets.

Shower in the morning every day. If I exercise in the afternoon, I'll shower after that as well, because I sweat buckets.

This should be the only answer in this thread.

Shower in the morning, guys. Don't come to work without showering in 12+ hours. That's gross and probably where most hygiene issues start.

Preacher

This should be the only answer in this thread.

Shower in the morning, guys. Don't come to work without showering in 12+ hours. That's gross and probably where most hygiene issues start.
I don't know, I enjoy knowing the people who dont shower in the morning and ferment in their own sweat for over 8 hours or so before heading to worktoradiate odors throughout the entire workplace

Shower in the evening. I definitely agree about the feeling of getting into bed squeaky clean. Whenever circumstances get me home to late and tired to shower, it always feels weird getting into bed. I keep the temperature cool enough that I am not worried about waking up too sweaty. I will shower in the morning if it is needed.

Shower in the morning is the only way to wake myself up. Also my hair can only be tamed by a shower and shampoo. A spray bottle does nothing for me.

shaneo632

My en suite only has a shower, so kinda don't have a choice.

Most of the time I prefer a shower for speed etc, but it would be nice to occasionally be able to stick on some music and have a soak for 40 mins after a long trip somewhere.

gaiages

Banned
Shower in the evening, usually an hour or two before bed. Showers wake me up, but because I live in humid ass Florida, morning showers are generally a waste of time and water. I also don't sweat at night unless I'm sick (in which case yeah I'll take an additional shower in the morning, I want that sick gunk off me), and I don't like going to work with wet hair.

I feel like if I lived in a less humid climate I might switch to morning showers, but when just stepping outside will make me sweat like a pig 6-8 months out of the year, I can't really have just a morning shower, and two showers a day will just fuck up my hair and skin, even if it's only a rinse off.

Also man, some people are rather adamant about their showering opinions.

Peltz

I shower every morning after my workout. I also shower many evenings if I did anything which caused me to sweat in the day (which is most days in the spring/summer).

Furyous

Three showers a day:

One around 7 AM

One at 4 PM

One at 9 PM

Deoderant on all the time, lotion all the time, hair brushed all the time.

This is America and my right to choose is in effect. I'm actually late for my shower now so it's time to get going.

Saganator

Shower at night.

I tried taking a bath a few months ago for the first time in years. They're kinda nice when you first hop in but after cleaning myself I felt like I was sitting in a pool of dirty water

I am a garbage man, I tend to wake up around 4 am. Since I'm going to get dirty anyway I don't shower in the morning but when I get home at night that's the first thing I'm doing. However on weekends I tend to take one in the morning and a second at night if I plan on going out to a social gathering.

So to answer your question once but the time varies.

With how many people posting about sweating a lot I feel like my body is doing it wrong as I almost never sweat and even in the rare moment I due it's just a little on my forehead or breasts. Though I guess it is kinda hard to sweat when I'm always cold when it's under 80f.

GodofWine

I take one before bed, morning are too hectic with getting the kids ready, and I workout at night, so I just want to sleep 'clean'. I dont understand how some people can go to bed all dirty.

Koriandrr

Shower, in the evening. No time for that in the morning, I'll take the extra sleep every time.

Also, going to bed with dirty hair/body/etc? Have fun changing sheets every single day, I guess? I'm sure some of you do that anyway, but I'd rather not.

Same. I was watching one of those documentaries on bed bacteria and the difference in makes going to bed clean vs dirty is so massive. I mean, you spend 5-9 hours a day in your bed. Think about that.

Gross, I can smell you from here.

Actually it's not. Really depends on climate, country etc. I'm originally from a country where we literally didn't have enough water to shower more than 2-3 times a week, otherwise there'd be no water left and we were just fine. No one really smelled or anything. It was just not humid. My super sensitive skin was doing well too.

3N16MA

Banned
Shower in the morning and in the evening.

Morning showers feel great. No way I can get home and not take an evening shower before bed.

It depends how long my hair is actually. If it is longer I tend to shower in the morning so as to get rid of bedhead etc. If it is cut short like a buzz cut I shower in the evening so it gives me more time in the morning before I work. I always shower after a workout.

Sinfamy

Shower in the morning.
I sweat in my sleep, negating the positives of a shower.
I don't bathe cause I don't like marinating in my own filth.

Top Bottom