• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you smoke weed?

Bragr

Banned
We live in a crime ridden society due to poverty and the ever-increasing distance between the haves and the have-nots and the corruption that entails where the rich/powerful have everything or a majority portion, including influence in our leaders. Weed doesn't create criminals even remotely close to things like empty stomachs or a bad relationship.

Not everyone smokes weed because they can't control urges, that's an oversimplification/generalization. I and many others in my circle do it on occasional weekends (usually events like superbowl or holidays) and have no addiction tendencies the rest of our time. We do it to relax, socialize, and gain a moment's reprieve from paining senses that our "hell-reality" loves inflicting upon our aging biological bodies.

With that said I will say that yeah more people should practice moderation in all things.
Just blaming anything and everything on the rich and powerful is not enough, everyone is doing it without understanding what they are saying.

Most poor people are not criminals, it's a lot more to the equation. Poverty is just a factor, not the root cause (it's a big cause, but still). Culture and environment are what shape people, you can take two completely different communities with the same poverty line and see huge differences. Weed has created easy entry points to being a dealer for decades, every low life got the potential to sell weed, and they have, resulting in easy access to large amounts of cash for the simplest of gangs. Of course, that's just a part of what creates a criminal, but the weed underground industry has certainly been a complete terror for societies for a long time now and made things a lot more violent because there is so much money at stake. It's not the rich and powerful that did this, but the middle class, the people who want to smoke it on the "occasional weekends".

And now we have to make it legal to deal with the repercussions of people's actions, and everyone pretends it's not themselves that did this.

Ellery

We are already living in a crime-infested terror state because all the stupid rich people wanna get high on the weekends.

What wasn't based on fake science 100 years ago? now we know the real science. And it's showing that we are living in a world of addicts. Sugar, alcohol, and cigarettes. People can't control themselves. Weed is just another illness. People are so addicted and sick that we have to make it legal because they can't control their urges. It's a parody of common sense.

I don't think saying things like "now we know the real science" is a very good thing to reflect on from a future perspective.

At the very least it shows a fundamental misunderstanding of what science is.

Nontheless I don't disagree with that many people are addicted to something. Almost everyone I know is addicted to something. Doesn't need to be substances. What all people have in common though is one thing. They don't mind and justify what they are addicted to and hate what others are addicted to and think they are ill and can't control their urges.

The real hate always starts at the point where one thinks their perspective is the only acceptable truth and condemns everything and everyone without ever having walked in their shoes.

Bragr

Banned
I don't think saying things like "now we know the real science" is a very good thing to reflect on from a future perspective.

At the very least it shows a fundamental misunderstanding of what science is.

Nontheless I don't disagree with that many people are addicted to something. Almost everyone I know is addicted to something. Doesn't need to be substances. What all people have in common though is one thing. They don't mind and justify what they are addicted to and hate what others are addicted to and think they are ill and can't control their urges.

The real hate always starts at the point where one thinks their perspective is the only acceptable truth and condemns everything and everyone without ever having walked in their shoes.
But that doesn't mean we should flood the market with weed, alcohol, and sugar. That only increases the issue. Just because everyone is addicted to something doesn't mean it's fair game.

For decades now, normal people have gone to their local drug guy and never once think about where that money goes. People have no idea what they are doing as long as it's normalized.

Ellery

But that doesn't mean we should flood the market with weed, alcohol, and sugar. That only increases the issue. Just because everyone is addicted to something doesn't mean it's fair game.

For decades now, normal people have gone to their local drug guy and never once think about where that money goes. People have no idea what they are doing as long as it's normalized.

What would your suggestion be? In regards to sugar, alcohol, cigarettes and weed.

K2D

Banned
I would if I had a supplier. Too bad the demonization and war on drugs is very much alive in my country. Perpetually allows criminal gangs to prey on the weakest in our society. The police is also starting to look more like their u.s. counterparts every year. Chasing number quotas etc

Even taxing vape products as if it were tobacco (though none of the cancer risks associated with it).

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Just blaming anything and everything on the rich and powerful is not enough, everyone is doing it without understanding what they are saying.

Most poor people are not criminals, it's a lot more to the equation. Poverty is just a factor, not the root cause (it's a big cause, but still). Culture and environment are what shape people, you can take two completely different communities with the same poverty line and see huge differences. Weed has created easy entry points to being a dealer for decades, every low life got the potential to sell weed, and they have, resulting in easy access to large amounts of cash for the simplest of gangs. Of course, that's just a part of what creates a criminal, but the weed underground industry has certainly been a complete terror for societies for a long time now and made things a lot more violent because there is so much money at stake. It's not the rich and powerful that did this, but the middle class, the people who want to smoke it on the "occasional weekends".

And now we have to make it legal to deal with the repercussions of people's actions, and everyone pretends it's not themselves that did this.

The only reason weed is an entry point to the criminal underground for dealers and more dangerous drugs for consumers is becasue the GOVERNMENT made it ILLEGAL 100 years ago.

People have been smoking weed and drinking alcohol for 1000s of years, but yeah it's the middle class :D

I'm just going to ignore your inane rantings because you obviously have some irrational agenda here.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
What would your suggestion be? In regards to sugar, alcohol, cigarettes and weed.
I don't know what's possible, some sort of regulation on sugar maybe, that producers can only use so much sugar. Alcohol is too ingrained to do anything about, it's like guns in the United States. I'm not sure it's possible to stop the push to legalize weed. Cigarettes should be banned outright.

Ideally, there would be more talk about how catastrophic things really are from our leaders. The billions used on health issues yearly that should go elsewhere to improve our lives, how most of our most severe diseases like heart attacks, cancer, diabetes, and mental health problems are a direct consequence of our intake. It's creating suffering on a scale that makes COVID look tiny. It is the greatest cause of suffering and money problems we got. And it goes a lot deeper than that too, everything from how easy it is to work every day to your social capacity and sense of happiness, all come from our consumption. I think everyone knows this, but we got the data to prove how bad it is, and people need to know how much of a disaster things really are. It's the greatest crisis in modern history.

That's a start, if this starts to become a normal way of looking at things, it's gonna be easier to start removing it from our societies. Although, of course, this is just wishful thinking.

Bragr

Banned
The only reason weed is an entry point to the criminal underground for dealers and more dangerous drugs for consumers is becasue the GOVERNMENT made it ILLEGAL 100 years ago.

People have been smoking weed and drinking alcohol for 1000s of years, but yeah it's the middle class :D

I'm just going to ignore your inane rantings because you obviously have some irrational agenda here.
"Gives 50 bucks to a criminal"

"It'S ThE GoVernMenTs Fault!!"

• Empathy
Reactions: K2D
HOLY SHIT; I was sick and out of work for like 4 months.... First paycheck tomorrow... Dealer called today to make sure I'm still alive; told him soon brother, very soon :)

Been smoking an empty pipe everyday since I ran out like 2 months ago... So excited! It's like today is christmas eve.

Last edited:

sergi-1.png

Dark Star

lots of cbd shops have opened up near me, and it's made buying delta 8 and hhc and all that stuff so easy. I haven't smoked actual flower in like two years, and i really do miss it, but i'm pretty content not smelling like weed all the time lol.

whole month of december i was on a big edible kick, ate lots of gummies. we're talking thousands of mg of thc. it's kind of an expensive hobby though lol. carts last me a lot longer, and get me pretty toasty too, but you have to buy very clean/high quality product that has natural terpenes and is not harsh at all. some of these shops really treat it like a medical dispo and have surprisingly very good stuff, live resin is amazing.

Last edited:

Hip Hop

Dawg i ate 10 pieces of edibles equal to 500mg from a certified real dispensary and I can barely feel a thing. Its been 3 hours wtf

First I did 300mg, then 400mg, now 500mg

I may need to do 750mg next fuck it

Last edited:
Dawg i ate 10 pieces of edibles equal to 500mg from a certified real dispensary and I can barely feel a thing. Its been 3 hours wtf

Either your tolerance is insane, or the shit is straight bunk. There is a 3rd option, which is unlikely, that THC doesn't affect you the way it would normally affect people, for whatever reason.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

Sounds like they sold you a bad batch. I'd definitely complain.

OuterLimits

I used to but haven't in quite a few years. Somewhat surprisingly Kratom seems to be rising in popularity among some friends/co-workers etc.

Although I heard Kratom somewhat activates opioid receptors, so I imagine withdrawal could be a risk eventually with that if used for a long period unlike pot.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

Careful with this as the content of the edibles can vary from batch to batch. I've noticed over the years that one dose will fuck me up while another time it does nothing at all. The most consistent brand I've found were recommended to me by another gaffer.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
👀
That hasn't been my experience as of late 😅

badblue

Although I heard Kratom somewhat activates opioid receptors, so I imagine withdrawal could be a risk eventually with that if used for a long period unlike pot.

Kratom withdrawal is much like a caffeine withdrawal in my experience, sucked for 3 days. It is an opioid antagonist, so it does activate some of the same receptors in the brain as opiates but it's not nearly as fatal or addictive. Cheese is also an opioid antagonist if your worried about it.

Even though it's fantastic for killing pain, which is something I've been trying to manage for a while, I probably will never touch the stuff again. I just found it affected my mood too much in a negative way and I didn't like that. Felt like everything was muted.

Noah526

Neo Member
When I was young, I smoked both weed and regular cigarettes. It was fashionable, and I had a company of friends. But one day my friends and I went to a man's house, whose house was full of weed smoke and the only thing he liked was smoking, he had nothing else. From that day on, I realized that I was ruining my health and that it was all wrong, and I decided to quit smoking. It was difficult, as I had been smoking for years, and quitting is not as easy as I thought it would be. But after a year I managed to do it, I replaced weed and cigarettes with a vape. The vape is not as bad for my health, so I decided to keep it in my life.

Kiwicha

Last girlfriend wanted us to get high on pot and have sex, 'cause she "heard" it was something out of this world. Not even that convinced me to try that shit.
We tried black Halls though. It was coooool.

acm2000

i use cannabis for depression, anxiety, pain relief, stress relief and general mood boosting and i recently swapped from dry herb vaping flower to vaping full spectrum shatter based vape liquid (uk) and its so much better, much more convenient to consume.

will always keep some form of flower handy tho for those old skool nights.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I never smoke it per say, but when I was younger I used to go to a specific Arcade Center downtown, and there was always a heavy weed smell.

It's actually very pleasant. It's not at all like tobacco.

BossLackey

Gold Member
I've been vaping HHC recently after years without smoking. Works quite the treat, though it's slightly different. Only thing I don't like is I feel groggy for hours afterward where the real stuff doesn't do that to me.

Vestal

Gold Member
👀
Depends on the strain.

Weed can make sex feel absolutely amazing. You get lost in the moment and truly lose track of time. You’ll think you’ve been going at it for an hour when in reality it was only 20min or so.

Good for sex
BlueDream
SkyWalker OG
Alaska Thunderfuck
Sour Diesel.

The above work wonders for me during sex 😁💪🔥

I'm on some Lemonade OG right now. It has so much CBD it barely makes you high, but it's THC's kinda loud too so it's knda hard to type this. I much prefer high quality weed, than BS stuff we have for cheap here in Brazil. When I get my place i'ma grow some, get that micro-grow going on.

Anyone prefer to do this? Grow your own harvest?

Hip Hop

Dude. I have been upping my edible dosage to see how far I can go cause why not. And I need to stop seriously, my tolerance either has peaked to its maximum limit or I can't break down edibles but I've been taking RSO from official dispensaries and I am currently on 2,000mg of RSO and I feel mildly high after 2 hours. As you can see, I am actually typing quite fine and no vision blur or even sleepiness or anything like that. I think I have Joe Diaz from the Joe Rogan Podcast beat. I know he pops 750mg of edibles at once from the stories he has told and they were wild and I'm sitting here like it's whatever.

Last time I took 1,500mg of RSO and I felt okay.

Wtf dude I need the biggest break of all time

CGNoire

Listen Im not sure it should be legal although definatly decriminalized but this comes off as written bye someone that has near zero personal experience and is regurgitating anti drug propoganda. Jesus you sound like the 90s DARE program.

"All right kids....who here is smoking the Mari...Juwana."

CGNoire

We are already living in a crime-infested terror state because all the stupid rich people wanna get high on the weekends.

What wasn't based on fake science 100 years ago? now we know the real science. And it's showing that we are living in a world of addicts. Sugar, alcohol, and cigarettes. People can't control themselves. Weed is just another illness. People are so addicted and sick that we have to make it legal because they can't control their urges. It's a parody of common sense.
There is some truth to this.

CGNoire

It's not about the risk, it's about not being a scumbag and giving money to criminals.

When I become president, I will enact a law that states that any individual who gave more than 500 euros to criminals in their lifetime will get retroactively punished for their contribution to the destruction of society. That will be a glorious day.
And this isnt even close to your craziest take.

Bragr

Banned
Listen Im not sure it should be legal although definatly decriminalized but this comes off as written bye someone that has near zero personal experience and is regurgitating anti drug propoganda. Jesus you sound like the 90s DARE program.

"All right kids....who here is smoking the Mari...Juwana."
I'm not sure when this happened, but at some point, whenever smokers come across someone who makes points they got no answer to, they always state "this is just like old people think hur hur".

A lot of anti-drug propaganda has a lot of truth to it, and some of it is overblown, there is nuance. But the impact weed has had on organized crime is beyond measure, people just don't want to face it, like anything else. I didn't say anything that is not already known.

Top Bottom