• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you smoke weed?

The Fartist

Gold Member
one time i took shrooms and this was back when GTa was on PS2 (back when i was doing more drugs too) i was trying to play GTA and it dawned on me how utterly pointless and boring all video games are in the big picture of things, i have never felt such boredom and emptiness from gaming in my life. fortunately it went away after the trip ended. i'm not a big fan of shrooms but clean acid thumbs up. i'm probably too old for any of that shit now. i did e over new years and it was basically just a real chemically feeling version of weed, wasn't feeling it. and i forgot about the comedown, that definitely made it not worth it. back when i was doing more e in high school i think had a rose tinted ideal of it because i only could get low grade schwag weed back then. but i realize now that it's just kind of a ghetto ass drug.all i can really do now is smoke good clean organic weed.
For me, acid always felt like the crack version of psychedelics, not in the sense that is was a strong but short lasting effect, just how it fucking hits you out of nowhere, one second you're wondering if it's ever gonna hit, the next, your bean bag couch turns into a warm and loving mother cow. LSD is fucking crazy. I've had great times and I've had one waking hellish nightmare trip. I though about jumping off a building that time because I honestly felt it would never end, it had Jesus printed on the blotter sheet so you knew it was gonna be some heavy shit.

I have a theory: those stories about people "thinking they could fly" so they decide to jump off a building, I think are people that just had a horrible trip, like I did, and they think it's the only way to end the trip. Luckily I had friends to help me out in the moment, or I don't think I'd be writing this post rightnow. I didn't touch psychedelics for a couple of years after that.

Mushrooms, however, have been good to me, challenging but good. I've had some really deep transcendental moments on mushrooms, but I do remember this one time eating some with some buddies, and they were watching, of all FUCKING movies, Hot Shots Part Deux, and remember watching it for a minute and thinking this is so fucking stupid, and then the mushrooms really start to kick in, and I felt like I was the director and the movie started to look really, really fake, I mean, the bad production and acting helped enhance that effect but it was really crazy, I could almost see the people behind the set.

The times I've been around video games on mushrooms I just couldn't help but extrapolate and peer into the future and realize, like holy shit this is just a super crude form of the matrix we'll all soon be living in, and then realizing we're already in some form of a matrix and our minds are just rendering the world for our eyes and bodies to navigate through.

Good times, man, good times.

Last edited:
I did shrooms back in november, the day i got the plat for gow. Ate like 5grams and played pretty late.. didnt feel much while playing but when i tried to crash it hit me hard and everytime i closed my eyes i felt like i was in non stop cut scene..

RAÏSanÏa

A small amount of bud in my single hitter was plenty after taking a break. Smoked a hit about 22 hours ago; It was intense and I was still glowing at time of writing. Now the trick will be to keep my tolerance down and see if I can get the same effects from a similar quantity regularly. Taste test and delicate refinement.

got some mango kush vape pen that is a hybrid between sativa and indica. pleasantly surprised by how long it's lasted, then again I usually only partake on the weekends.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
It's crucial that I go through an entire fun stick in the morning. That and coffee keeps me from shitting the bed until the evening. It basically keeps my from overthinking.

Weed, when I smoked, made me overthink, get paranoid and caused severe Depersonalization/dehumanization. It also caused some weird form of outer body experience which in hindsight was an extreme form of self awareness plus the visual aspect. I do miss the positives though.. =/

4cca2bc27614bfa7c71d7e7019d3c047c70fb255.gif

It's funny that my boss only compliments my best work is when I'm stoned. Well, that just means that weed has a positive effect on my workflow.

I also have a colleague that's stoned during working hours but the difference between me and him is the hole of the grand canyon.

Shifty1897

I take an edible every couple of months, especially when I'm attending some kind of event I don't want to go to. Last one I took was because I was taking my wife to a music concert for a band I hate. Taking my last one soon because I'm moving back to the American South where it's still illegal down there.

Ememee

Second day without weed and I'm dying of boredom. Time is moving at one percent its normal speed.

Being reduced to an ordinary citizen is balls.

Wqca9KW.gif

I’ve been tokin’ it purdy hard for months now. Today’s day 4 or 5 w/o. Fucking sucks and you ain’t lying about the time thing, but I’m always glad after a few days.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Even before it was legal where I live I used to smoke casually at parties.
I liked the effect but absolutely hated the smell.
2 years ago I bought some trippy drinks. I watched 5 Family Guy episodes in a row & it was the funniest shit ever.

Then I went to bed, fell asleep laughing with a very strong erection 😆

As an alcoholic it's much better than falling asleep dead drunk but it still gave me pause.

The rest of the time I just fall asleep on my sofa so I decided it's not for me after all and that's ok.

The Fartist

Gold Member
In order to quit weed, one need's to accept life is shit and to use other methods of coping with that other then THC or any other drug.

Take's me 5 minutes and $80 to get a ounce.
If you're using THC instead of SSRIs then please continue to use, I'm talking about people wanting to quit recreational use. I've stopped using THC many times, going from years of everyday, several times a day use, to cold turkey for years, it's not that difficult. And I never used THC to escape, while I did have good times under THC, I always found that it amplified my life's realities and the world around me, it lifted my blinders and I always got a kick out of that.

Davesky

Don’t smoke it. I believe some thoughts and ideas are meant to stay inwards, and released naturally in their own way and time. Over dependency also takes away more basic cognitive functions over time that is more essential to maintain and remain balanced than it’s benefits elsewhere. There’s no yin without the yang.

Last edited:

Danknugz

Hot stoner chick is hot.
that huge ass joint must have tasted disgusting with all the resin built up and sharing it amongst 50 people and probably dirt weed if someone is gonna waste all that. you could see her cough probably not just from the smoke hit from how gross it was.

i never smoke joints/blunts since high school because they're just gross after the first quarter due to all downstream weed in the blunt absorbing all the resin from the smoke and tasting disgusting.

Last edited:

Muffdraul

I was never that into weed, it always made me paranoid in social settings. When I was in my late 20s/early 30s I discovered the joys of smoking alone late at night and listening to music, and I had a good friend that would pick up a bag for me whenever he bought for himself, I just had to give him the money. But he moved to NY a few days after 9/11, and I never bothered to find another source. So I haven't smoked in about 22 years.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I was never that into weed, it always made me paranoid in social settings. When I was in my late 20s/early 30s I discovered the joys of smoking alone late at night and listening to music, and I had a good friend that would pick up a bag for me whenever he bought for himself, I just had to give him the money. But he moved to NY a few days after 9/11, and I never bothered to find another source. So I haven't smoked in about 22 years.
Delta 8/9 is a legal way to get it. I strongly prefer 9 but 8 will do the job in a pinch. I too enjoy the music.

Top Bottom