• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think we'll see Bloodborne 2 at E3?

Wait, so they haven't even really started developing the new game yet? Sorry for questioning I'm just really curious.
I myself, am not close nor working on the project. I only have vague second hand information because i got the chance to ask that person questions. The engine stuff is speculation on my part, I have no idea what's going on with that. I do know the game seems to be in full development though.

Honestly i dont want a sequel. Miyazaki does his best work when its a new ip.

I like the souls formula, but id prefer something with a fresh setting.

ghibli99

Whether it's BB2 or something else, any news on a new Miyazaki game would make me very happy. Also very curious to know what From is working on for Switch.

VertPin

Whether it's BB2 or something else, any news on a new Miyazaki game would make me very happy. Also very curious to know what From is working on for Switch.
I think it was rumored months ago that From was working on a trilogy or port of dark souls 3. If a trilogy gets announced I sure hope it's on PS4.

I thought of Wild West Bloodborne, and man, that has potential.

Dapper Western Hunters with Revolvers dealing with native eldritch horrors and mysterious aliens in the desert. The healing church schenaneigans would translate well any chosen American equivalent. Have an old timey snake oil salesman selling Old Blood to an audience.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Dapper Western Hunters with Revolvers dealing with native eldritch horrors and mysterious aliens in the desert. The healing church schenaneigans would translate well any chosen American equivalent. Have an old timey snake oil salesman selling Old Blood to an audience.

Lets not.

Raptor

I just hope Miyazaki gives cosmic horror another go. Just full blown mind fuckery.

Its not like theres anyone else in the industry doing Lovecraftian themes any justice.

Yes please, is what I want, if it aint BB so be it but be Cosmic Horror going full on lovecraft with one level on a alein ship in the bottom of the ocean with chutulu tentacles moving out t here, oh man..

The funny part is I intentionally used a little n native to imply "resides in the area" rather than Native Americans.

At least we know low quality bait is still viable.
Im sure you know that native, little n or otherwise when talking about old Western settings is always going to imply native Americans.

Context and all that.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
From Software will be on stage at E3 this year in some capacity.

I'm 99% certain we'll see it :)

giphy.gif

Ive already spoken to a moderator twice about the subject and where i got my info from.

Can you please explain how this works?

autoduelist

Thomas doesn't have "insider info", it was his personal guess. I have actually spoken to someone close to Fromsoft though that is credible and they've confirmed to be that there wont be (including Bloodborne) any more souls games.

While you may certainly have some insider info, I find it incredibly hard to fathom that Sony would take this approach with Bloodborne after losing Demon's Souls. The opportunity to lock down a From franchise is just too big to miss, and I'd have thought they'd at least a contractual option to make more.

Time will tell, but my money is on BB2 (maybe not this E3, but within 2) eventually being announced.

The God

While you may certainly have some insider info, I find it incredibly hard to fathom that Sony would take this approach with Bloodborne after losing Demon's Souls. The opportunity to lock down a From franchise is just too big to miss, and I'd have thought they'd at least a contractual option to make more.

Time will tell, but my money is on BB2 (maybe not this E3, but within 2) eventually being announced.

It's not really Sony taking an approach, they don't own FS. If From doesn't wanna make it, they can't be forced

I am absolutely down for a Deadlands action-RPG by From Software.

Lakitu

st5fu
I don't see why it's hard to believe that maybe Sony Japan are developing Bloodborne 2 or some kind of game in the spirit of that. Does anyone think it's possible? How big was their involvement of the original?

Maybe Sony will troll the fuck out of everyone and announce Bloodborne 2....outsourced to Ubisoft.

An early screen for you guys, insider shit ya'll:

pYpAfgh.jpg

autoduelist

It's not really Sony taking an approach, they don't own FS. If From doesn't wanna make it, they can't be forced

Well, I mean, that's exactly my point. Of course you can't just force them after the fact, which is why you go in and write the original contract to a) include the option for sequels and b) leave the license in the hands of Sony when the contract is finished.

And given what happened with Demon's, that's exactly what they should have done. And I'd be surprised if they didn't. Why leave themselves with a super successful game they can't franchise again, or might lose as a powerful exclusive? It's far better to secure it... I mean, it's very much the 'obvious' thing to do in this particular situation. Sure, there is a chance From refused, but there'd be a lot of money on the table and odds are, they'd find common ground.

I hope not.

Not that I dislike the games, they are actually some of my favourites but I think those types of games are elevated when you they don't tread the same ground. Demon's Souls and Bloodborne are the games that standout most to me, Dark Souls even though masterclass doesn't have the same impact of the other two simply because it is very similar to Demon's Souls but also the sequels make it feel less special to go back to. I hope we get a Souls-like but I hope it has its own identity and finally address its camera and frame rate issues on consoles, plus gimme VR support.

I don't see why it's hard to believe that maybe Sony Japan are developing Bloodborne 2 or some kind of game in the spirit of that. Does anyone think it's possible? How big was their involvement of the original?

Because Sony Japan didn't actually do any developmental work on Bloodborne or any Fromsoft title. They're listed as producers, as in they handled funds, gave resources and made sure things were running smoothly for Fromsoft. They had no actual hand in development. Sony Japan working on Bloodborne in tandem with Fromsoft is a fallacy.
Same situation for Demons Souls

giphy.gif

Can you please explain how this works?
Pm'd you

Why lock down a developer into one franchise when you can build a good relationship and get them to make multiple games of their choice for your console out of good will?

Also where is there space in Fromsoft's pipeline for a Bloodborne 2 to be announced within the next 2 E3s? there isn't. Because it would only go into development after one of their major projects is completed, and they're already working on two big ones right now, one of which may or may not get revealed this E3 and released next year and one that likely won't get revealed this E3 and instead next, then be released the following year if we're lucky. So it would only be in 2018 maybe that Bloodborne 2 could go into development and then in Fromsoft tradition be revealed two years into dev time, or perhaps more likely, one year before release.

VertPin

Fextralife seems to think Bloodborne II is showing up at E3 this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXftgzJvW1g

They didn't mention Miyazaki's " that includes bloodborne" quote about no more sequels, but the dude addressed it in the comments and said not to take what Miyazaki says, because he BS's all the time with DLC and "happy kids" games (which ended up being dark souls 1).

Guess we will have to see?

The God

Fextralife seems to think Bloodborne II is showing up at E3 this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXftgzJvW1g

They didn't mention Miyazaki's " that includes bloodborne" quote about no more sequels, but the dude addressed it in the comments and said not to take what Miyazaki says, because he BS's all the time with DLC and "happy kids" games (which ended up being dark souls 1).

Guess we will have to see?

Dude's just talking about fake logos and E3 schedules

It's not happening

The Dark fantasy new IP gets me even more hyped than a BB2 tbh. Cannot even imagine what new time period/art style they'd tackle next. The Victorian gothic horror of BB blew me away with how unique it was.

takoyaki

Adding to the 5 points from the video above, a job listing from a company assumed to be From has been trending on Hachima today.

The author cross-referenced the subway station from the job listing with From's HQ and assumes it could be BB2 since the Dark Souls series has concluded.

It's a job listing for a designer on a video game in the "Dark PRG / Dark style RPG" (ダーク系RPG) genre.

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/20013775.html

Of course this could be for another company near that station or another From RPG, but it would be a good fit IF Bloodborne 2 is in development right now. Fingers crossed!

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Are you the same person quoting me as an insider on YouTube in a video blog about BB2?

I don't have a video blog, let alone one on BB2. I only quoted you and Thomas here because I find it interesting how people can make claims with such certainty.

Mr_Moogle

It had better be 60FPS or I'm out. There's no going back for me after playing Nioh oh the Pro.

I want this too but I have a feeling the only chance for 60 fps if there is a PC port and that won't happen with Bloodborne because Sony has a stake in that IP.

It's a real shame because From's games benefit a lot from 60 fps. I remember going and playing Dark Souls at a friends house on console and the whole game just felt so damned sluggish. Blighttown was damned near unplayable. I was so used to the PC/Durante version.

Atomski

I want this too but I have a feeling the only chance for 60 fps if there is a PC port and that won't happen with Bloodborne because Sony has a stake in that IP.

It's a real shame because From's games benefit a lot from 60 fps. I remember going and playing Dark Souls at a friends house on console and the whole game just felt so damned sluggish. Blighttown was damned near unplayable. I was so used to the PC/Durante version.

They should just do what they did last time. Make a Bloodborne like and release multiplatform... Call it Darkborne even lol.

Boom 60fps on PC

But honestly I want something else from From.. if they go straight to another soulsborne I'm Gona be kinda let down.

I don't know why people automatically assumed Bloodbourne was a new IP to be continued with sequels in perpetuity. I always took it to be a likely one off like Demon's Souls. From is too big of a third party to be "collaborating" on a continuing exclusive IP with a console manufacturer. Especially now that they have big weight behind them with a parent company. BB always seemed more like a one off love letter to Sony and PS fans who made Souls what it is. They aren't a Sony studio.

ookami

Hmm... As good as the game is I would prefer them to just make a new IP. You have sometimes to let a game stand alone to make it age like good wine !
And I think that making to much "souls games" would just hurt the genre.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
But honestly I want something else from From.. if they go straight to another soulsborne I'm Gona be kinda let down.

And I think that making to much "souls games" would just hurt the genre.

Consider that From probably don't see it as making "souls games". They don't necessarily have a contract to continue a series of said games with anyone. They should use the experience gained and continue to make the games they want, like any self-respecting developer.

"Souls fatigue" may be a very real thing among more savvy/long-term players, but that didn't stop Bloodborne (or even Dark Souls 3) achieving relative success. I'm sure whatever From reveals next has the potential to reach an even wider audience (as for one, it doesn't have to come with the "Prepare To Die" perceived difficulty stigma), while still pleasing those who are simply looking for the next "souls fix".

Valahart

I don't think they would officialy say that Dark Souls was put on a hiatus only to announce Bloodborne 2 an year later, that's cheating....

bigol

I don't want another Bloodborne so soon. To be honest i don't want another Bloodborne at all.

I would like to have completely new games by From.

Top Bottom