• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think we'll see Bloodborne 2 at E3?

shounenka

Otogi-Souls with the game world and characters of the former would be incredible, though I suppose you could argue Team Ninja already did that with Nioh.

But we KNOW From could do it so much better.

strideramc

Just saw an announcement for what I assume is bloodborne 2 with a 12/12/18 release date attached. On a collectibles site of all places.

Wereroku

I would rather see a demons souls hd by bluepoint. However I expect we will get a different game then just bloodborne 2. I would like something with the combat but more story.

I'd put a Bloodborne 2 announcement in the same boat as a new Metroid game announcement. I'd die if either happened, but I'm keeping my expectations super low.

Lakitu

st5fu
I originally thought yes, ive asked again since and been told not to hold my breath. So im going to assume 2018 for reveal, 2019 for release as per tradition. I think 2017 is going to be year of the Armored Core.

Souls like games have a very specific style of gameplay that every game from Demon Souls to Dark Souls III adheres to, despite every game having their own unique spin on it, they're all largely similar. One big interconnected map, open world ish, 3rd person ARPG with both melee and magic combat, very basic movement consisting purely of dodging and walk/running. Collecting a currency (souls or blood echoes) that act as currency and experience that can be picked up after death upon revisiting. Thess things make a Souls game a souls game (in addition to being made by Fromsoft)

I heard it takes inspiration from the souls games but does something new. For instance, maybe the new IP does away with the souls mechanic, has various forms of movement, maybe even incorpetating vertical movement or flight (just spitballing), goes full open world rather than interconnected levels, expands on what you can do with combat both melee wise and magic wise, but keeps everything else. All of that is speculation on my part but there are many ways a new ARPG can still feel like souls but also be fundamentally different. So keep an open mind.

Its also important to remember that the term Dark Fantasy is an incredibly wide blanket and there are many themes that can fall under that. For instance, both Bloodborne and Dark Souls are Dark Fantasy games, but one is a Lovecraftian Gothic horror dark fantasy, and the other is a European medival dark fantasy. Both very different themes but both under the same umbrella.

Do you know what the something new is or are you just speculating? For me, I'd be excited if it included some of the things that makes Souls great, like an interconnected-world with great level design, mysterious lore through items and NPCs, a great degree of challenge and difficulty. If it has all those things, I'd be happy.

Do you know what kind of setting it has?

I ask you alot of questions... sorry. I need some good to counter act the bad news about IO Interactive..

Maddrical

I think we should all temper our expectations and just expect Armored Core.

This.

They confirmed 3 games in development a while ago; an existing old IP sequel, a new Souls-esque game & an experimental game and I think they will release in that order (assuming the experimental game works out for them). Miyazaki is most likely wanting a break from Souls games so it makes sense that they work on Armored Core next.

Personally, I'd much rather a Demon's Souls 2 than Bloodborne 2. I want to see Boletaria explored more. Also means they could potentially release a 1080p/60 FPS version of the original which would be amazing. I'd also love to see the world & character tendancy explored more; I loved the concept and was a bit disappointed it was removed in Dark Souls. I know a lot of people didn't like it though. Trudging through 5-1 (or 5-2, I forget) and dying enough to get black world tendency in my first run through, causing even harder enemies to spawn was one of the most infuriating moments of that game and caused me to change my game plan completely to pass the area. One of my fondest memories of the game now.

Do you know what the something new is or are you just speculating? For me, I'd be excited if it included some of the things that makes Souls great, like an interconnected-world with great level design, mysterious lore through items and NPCs, a great degree of challenge and difficulty. If it has all those things, I'd be happy.

Do you know what kind of setting it has?

I ask you alot of questions... sorry

Yes I know something (albiet very little), though most of that post was speculation.
I've got the vaguest sense of what the setting is but I'm not going to tell anyone because I was asked not to talk about any of that stuff. Though pretty much all of the stuff I post regarding the topic is information that's publicly available, I'm just confirming what's been confirmed to me.

Pretty much, I ended up asking someone who's close to the project a bunch of questions (probably like 30+) and I got some answers. Out of respect for them, their job and the fact that they even gave me the opportunity to talk to them in the first place, I try not to talk about anything too juicy or major, though I don't have much of that information in the first place.

I personally do not know anything about the project outside of what I've been told, I have a vague idea of what elements the game will have, though the details are few and the answers I got were generally vague. The only explicit answer I got was about there being no more games in the souls series, but again, that's public information, I'm just out here confirming it since GAF has this conversation every week.

Lakitu

st5fu
Yes I know something (albiet very little), though most of that post was speculation.
I've got the vaguest sense of what the setting is but I'm not going to tell anyone because I was asked not to talk about any of that stuff. Though pretty much all of the stuff I post regarding the topic is information that's publicly available, I'm just confirming what's been confirmed to me.

Pretty much, I ended up asking someone who's close to the project a bunch of questions (probably like 30+) and I got some answers. Out of respect for them, their job and the fact that they even gave me the opportunity to talk to them in the first place, I try not to talk about anything too juicy or major, though I don't have much of that information in the first place.

I personally do not know anything about the project outside of what I've been told, I have a vague idea of what elements the game will have, though the details are few and the answers I got were generally vague. The only explicit answer I got was about there being no more games in the souls series, but again, that's public information, I'm just out here confirming it since GAF has this conversation every week.

Okay, I understand but I'll ask you only this, I take it you're a Souls fan (including Bloodborne?)

If so, as a fan of those games, are you excited about this project? If I am a fan of them too, would I have any reason to be excited when it's revealed?

Okay, I understand but I'll ask you only this, I take it you're a Souls fan (including Bloodborne?)

If so, as a fan of those games, are you excited about this project? If I am a fan of them too, would I have any reason to be excited when it's revealed?

The souls series is my favorite game series of all time, I've played and enjoyed every game (Except Demon Souls which I have yet to play) so I'll always be excited for whatever they're working on. But I mean, from the incredibly vague description I could pull together from all the information I got, If you liked the previous games I don't see why you wouldn't be excited for this. But like I said, what I actually know is about as vague as these games' lore.

Lakitu

st5fu
The souls series is my favorite game series of all time, I've played and enjoyed every game (Except Demon Souls which I have yet to play) so I'll always be excited for whatever they're working on. But I mean, from the incredibly vague description I could pull together from all the information I got, If you liked the previous games I don't see why you wouldn't be excited for this. But like I said, what I actually know is about as vague as these games' lore.

Thanks so much! I agree, I look forward to whatever Miyazaki and From bring out.

Thanks so much! I agree, I look forward to whatever Miyazaki and From bring out.

Honestly, I'll probably buy whatever they put out day 1. Don't care what the genre or style is, I know they'll put out good stuff.
Haha it isn't. OP got me good with the Metroid thread, but I didn't see this one till the title change thank god.

I walked into the thread right after it was made and lol'd at all the responses. The thread was like the personification of this gif
DhC2HfI.gif

Armored Core 6: Best Game Since Silent Line Edition

Bloodborne 2 isn't happening probably. I think the story is complete. It really wasn't left open-ended like the Dark Souls trilogy was.

Maddrical

How come you haven't play Demon's souls? No PS3?

Maddrical

Yeah, I only really jumped on the Sony train this gen with the PS4 and a big reason for me even getting one and continuing to be into gaming at all was Bloodborne and Fromsoft games.

Bloodborne was my reasoning for a PS4 also.

Wish the PS4 had decent BC for situations like these. I think Demon's Souls wouldn't hold up after playing through the Dark Souls trilogy & Bloodborne, but it's still well worth experiencing. Certain bosses have mechanics that haven't been repeated and as I said in my previous post, the tendency system is very unique. The locales you visit are also still super immersive and atmospheric. When I played it at launch, I had experienced nothing like it and was blown away.

Bloodborne was my reasoning for a PS4 also.

Wish the PS4 had decent BC for situations like these. I think Demon's Souls wouldn't hold up after playing through the Dark Souls trilogy & Bloodborne, but it's still well worth experiencing. Certain bosses have mechanics that haven't been repeated and as I said in my previous post, the tendency system is very unique. The locales you visit are also still super immersive and atmospheric. When I played it at launch, I had experienced nothing like it and was blown away.

Yeah, I'm definitely still interested in playing it and would love to, but I'm waiting on a remaster like everyone else. If that day comes (with Dark Souls 3 textures pls) absolutely day 0.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Is that from an insider?

Because if it is, jesus would have to take the fucking wheel.

It cant be coincidence at this point
Thomas Mahler is the maker of Ori, so I guess it could be legit. IIRC Miyazaki said some time ago that one game they are working on at the moment is "something you'd expect from us", which could easily be Bloodborne 2 when you consider that he also said they are done with Dark Souls for the time being.

Thomas Mahler is the maker of Ori, so I guess it could be legit. IIRC Miyazaki said some time ago that one game they are working on at the moment is "something you'd expect from us", which could easily be Bloodborne 2 when you consider that he also said they are done with Dark Souls for the time being.
In the same article that he says hes done with Dark Souls he says that includes Bloodborne. Like, same sentence.

I also don't know why you guys think a developer from Austria that works with Microsoft would know anything about Fromsoft's (a Japanese studio which would be working on a sony exclusive) simply because theyre a developer. Unless you guys are just looking for confirmation bias, which is what it looks like. Not to belittle them but their guess is as good as any of yours.

Toni

While Im currently loving the Ringed City, I agree with the man. I've had my fill of Dark Souls for a good while.

But my bloody god if we are getting Bloodborne 2, we might finally get a locked framerate on the Pro for PVP.

...and more of Dat combat with more Trick weapons

0LswMfx.gif

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
The level and art design in The Last Guardian would lend itself to being a god-tier Souls game. It's easy to see why Miyazaki looks up to Ueda.

bjnKSIoh.jpg

They both look like they are 21 years old, that's not fair.

Thorrgal

So noone knows exactly how many more games From has signed with Sony, if any?

If there's none left I can see them dropping BB and Demon Souls forever, but if there are 2 as rumored then it bodes well for at least one of them in the future.

Steez

This is the true hype dude

Yeah, okay, let's get excited for the most mediocre of game series!

Is the armored core confirmed? Its an old game, i would be surprised if theres a sequel coming.

I don't think there actually is. Miyazaki just talked about 3 new projects being in development. One Souls-like, a new IP and a reboot of an existing franchise, which might be AC. Parts of GAF then went ahead and created this narrative where Armored Core is suddenly an amazing franchise.

xviper

to all the people who are very excited for Bloodborne 2, when did you start playing the series ?? i started since Demon's souls came out (2009)

soulsborne series is one of the best series of all time, but it needs to rest for at least 3 years, we all saw how soulless and repetitive Dark souls 3 was, same thing might happen to Bloodborne 2

Fromsoftware please don't milk this masterpiece of a series, let it rest for awhile

even if they will announce a new soulsborne game at E3, i don't expect it to be Bloodborne 2, i expect it to be Bloodborne but with a new name, something like ErythrocyteBorne, same thing that happened to Demon's souls and Dark souls, so they can release it to all platforms

Xliskin

I don't think there actually is. Miyazaki just talked about 3 new projects being in development. One Souls-like, a new IP and a reboot of an existing franchise, which might be AC. Parts of GAF then went ahead and created this narrative where Armored Core is suddenly an amazing franchise.

Yeah that's how we sick of Soulborne gameplay that we have known since 2009

I think the man himself is done with the souls series, I also think he scratched his Lovecraftian itch with Bloodborne, His moved on from those types of game for now anyway.

Maybe in the future when his got his desire to make those types of games again.

But for now i very much doubt BB2 is a thing.

yume_2501

The souls series is my favorite game series of all time, I've played and enjoyed every game (Except Demon Souls which I have yet to play)

When i saw some gameplay,trailers,the world and how multiplayer worked i was immediately in love with demon souls and i thinked to order it from a belgian site that had the us version on sale (i am in Europe and there were no annoucements of an european version), but some day after bandai namco annouced the euro version and i ordered the black phantom edition without doubts. One of the best purchase of my life & one of my favourite gaming memories together with silent hill, metal gear solid and bioshock. Love the soulsbourne series and i buyed all games in ce form except for bloodborne (didn t like the ce content) and all dlcs.

So noone knows exactly how many more games From has signed with Sony, if any?

If there's none left I can see them dropping BB and Demon Souls forever, but if there are 2 as rumored then it bodes well for at least one of them in the future.
They've already said they're done with the series and no one actually knows if there's a deal at all. That rumor came from someone who was banned a few months ago for having a history of lying

Is the armored core confirmed? Its an old game, i would be surprised if theres a sequel coming.

Yes, Fromsoft is confirmed to be making an Armored Core game.
IGN said:
When pressed on whether one of those game would be a new Armored Core - the hardcore mech series Miyazaki has worked on previously - he replied, "Yeah, we're already working on Armored Core", but would not offer any more detail.-September 2016
Some other choice quotes

IGN said:
As for what that 'weird' game could be, Miyazaki offered only this: "So when I say weird, I mean that the genre we're trying to try might be a little bit weird. Not only that, but all the other actual game content might be a little bit weird, yes."

IGN said:
Miyazaki has previously confirmed that new IP was in the works, and that he wanted to work on a new Armored Core game. Previously, From Software has said that a new, VR-compatible game would arrive in 2017, but Miyazaki was less concrete about when the three new games were dated for:
"There are still several obstacles we need to overcome to launch those new titles, so we're not sure how many more years we need to build those, but we're looking forward to making an announcement in the future."
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/09/21/from-software-working-on-3-games-one-of-which-is-armored-core

Top Bottom