• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think we'll see Bloodborne 2 at E3?

Honestly, I don't care if we don't get a sequel and get a new IP instead.

All I want is a continuation of Bloodborne's combat.

Dark Souls 3's combat wasn't even up to par with Bloodborne's fluid combat, perfect dodge and its trick weapons.

For one, the Greatswords felt like a huge downgrade in DkS3 from how perfect and impactful they felt in Bloodborne.
Theres literally one Greatsword in Bloodborne.

Bloodborne is in my top ten of all time but it ain't perfect. A sequel can improve on a number of things-- granted mostly on the technical front, but also things like say an improvement on the Chalice Dungeon concept.

And them announcing a sequel at this year's E3 doesn't mean you're going to get one every 2 years. It could also be completely different from what you or anyone are expecting.

What I'm saying is, I guess, if they keep being great, who the fuck cares? Who else is making action/adventure games wrapped in terrific gothic/cosmic horror settings with superbly rich and intriguing lore?

Agreed, plus, not that I care one way or the other (I'd be just as happy with a new Bloodborne title as I would be with something completely new), but it's not as if a game with a story that vague and ambiguous would somehow be ruined by a sequel, nor would it be hard to do something with that universe given the expansive and odd nature of its lore and narrative - if you can even call it much of a narrative.

Toni

Theres literally one Greatsword in Bloodborne.

There is the Moonlight Greatsword and Luwdwigs Greatsword.

These 2 weapons alone were better than all of the fodder greatswords introduced in Dark Souls 3, many of then rehashing the same moves and special battle arts.

The Greatsword combat in BB is faster, works flawlessly with the speedier dodge mechanics, they stun lock bigger enemies and bosses, and you can chain more combos with them than you ever did in DkS3. Plus you could turn them into different weapons in the middle of combos. And the addition of the running R2 to pull off a running heavy attack.

It was perfect. We regressed tremendously combat-wise with the release of Dark Souls 3 in my opinion.

Ganondorfo

Maybe they arent working on anything yet and they want to chill. They are like "you gamers got Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Demons Souls", thats enough, now we go back to making Armored Core games like in the old days.

Thorrgal

Edit: Miyazaki has also said he doesn't really care whether or not people compare it to the souls series.

Wow it's gonna be interesting seeing the reaction of the people. So he will be directing both games?

Also, didn't he say that a sequel could be possible, but not directed by him, if one of his subordinates came up with a good idea?

These 2 weapons alone were better than all of the fodder greatswords introduced in Dark Souls 3, many of then rehashing the same moves and special battle arts.

The Greatsword combat in BB is faster, works flawlessly with the speedier dodge mechanics, they stun lock bigger enemies and bosses, and you can chain more combos with them than you ever did in DkS3. Plus you could turn them into different weapons in the middle of combos.

It was perfect.
Moonlight Greatsword has never really been a Greatsword, even in the souls games and Kings Field. Ludwig's is the oy Greatsword.

You're also ignoring the fact that not only does Dark Souls III have over a hundred weapons to balance whereas Bloodborne has like 20 that there are intentional differences between the way the games play for a reason. Fighting with a great sword isn't supposed to be fast and Dark Souls' combat is intentionally slower and more methodical. Its not worse for it, its just preference. The gameplay in Dark Souls doesn't need to ape Bloodborne and if it did im sure it would have pissed a lot of people off, myself included. Dark Souls isnt designed around the same mechanics Bloodborne is, and thus they play differently. Its also unreasonable to expect every single weapon to have a unique weapon art due to sheer volume.

Wow it's gonna be interesting seeing the reaction of the people. So he will be directing both games?

Also, didn't he say that a sequel could be possible, but not directed by him, if one of his subordinates came up with a good idea?
He said that for Dark Souls yes, but that even that hypothetical was still years off.

Im not sure if he's directing both games but i'd assume so, or at least has oversight as he usually does. He seems to be very hands on.

I've heard that the ARPG at least visually is what you'd come to expect from Fromsoft though, imagine what you will with that.

It was perfect. We regressed tremendously combat-wise with the release of Dark Souls 3 in my opinion.

I agree, I still love DSIII and it offers more options, but in terms of melee combat Bloodborne feels much better. The trick weapons are just better imo, quality over quantity always.

Resonance

The sentiment that Miyazaki is interested in doing new things and is done with the souls series isn't from one interview and one he's had for a while, at least since Dark Souls 3 was announced.
The fact that in the same article he says he's done doing sequels should tell you that it's a new IP. I've also gotten confirmation on the fact that: Souls games are done and that there is a new ARPG IP in development at Fromsoft. I had also specifically asked whether or not we would see a Bloodborne 2 or more spin off games like Bloodborne and reccieved a no.

If he had no intention of talking about the future of the souls series he could have simply kept quiet and said no comment rather than ousting any speculation on future games. and like I said previously, Fromsoft doesn't really have the man power to be working on more than they already have on their plate, none of which are souls games.

Edit: Miyazaki has also said he doesn't really care whether or not people compare it to the souls series.

Do you think From will reveal anything this year?

Thorrgal

I've heard that the ARPG at least visually is what you'd come to expect from Fromsoft though, imagine what you will with that.

So how can it be that, dark fantasy and not be souls-like? Is what I don't understand...mb his definitikn or souls-like and ours is diferent? I mean, your definition of what a souls-like game is and mine is probably diferent so who knows

Anyway, regarding his contrat with Sony, is it true that it's for 2 more games? And do you know if this ARPG is one of them?

DaciaJC

Gold Member
On another note, the Greatswords felt like a huge downgrade in DkS3 from how perfect and impactful they felt in Bloodborne.

I don't recall being able to flatten enemies in Bloodborne using Ludwig's or the HMS like I can do with the Zweihander or other UGS in Dark Souls III. You exaggerate greatly in your post.

Do you think From will reveal anything this year?
I originally thought yes, ive asked again since and been told not to hold my breath. So im going to assume 2018 for reveal, 2019 for release as per tradition. I think 2017 is going to be year of the Armored Core.

So how can it be that, dark fantasy and not be souls-like? Is what I don't understand...mb his definitikn or souls-like and ours is diferent? I mean, your definition of what a souls-like game is and mine is probably diferent so who knows

Anyway, regarding his contrat with Sony, is it true that it's for 2 more games? And do you know if this ARPG is one of them?
Souls like games have a very specific style of gameplay that every game from Demon Souls to Dark Souls III adheres to, despite every game having their own unique spin on it, they're all largely similar. One big interconnected map, open world ish, 3rd person ARPG with both melee and magic combat, very basic movement consisting purely of dodging and walk/running. Collecting a currency (souls or blood echoes) that act as currency and experience that can be picked up after death upon revisiting. Thess things make a Souls game a souls game (in addition to being made by Fromsoft)

I heard it takes inspiration from the souls games but does something new. For instance, maybe the new IP does away with the souls mechanic, has various forms of movement, maybe even incorpetating vertical movement or flight (just spitballing), goes full open world rather than interconnected levels, expands on what you can do with combat both melee wise and magic wise, but keeps everything else. All of that is speculation on my part but there are many ways a new ARPG can still feel like souls but also be fundamentally different. So keep an open mind.

Its also important to remember that the term Dark Fantasy is an incredibly wide blanket and there are many themes that can fall under that. For instance, both Bloodborne and Dark Souls are Dark Fantasy games, but one is a Lovecraftian Gothic horror dark fantasy, and the other is a European medival dark fantasy. Both very different themes but both under the same umbrella.

Toni

Moonlight Greatsword has never really been a Greatsword, even in the souls games and Kings Field. Ludwig's is the oy Greatsword.

You're also ignoring the fact that not only does Dark Souls III have over a hundred weapons to balance whereas Bloodborne has like 20 that there are intentional differences between the way the games play for a reason. Fighting with a great sword isn't supposed to be fast and Dark Souls' combat is intentionally slower and more methodical. Its not worse for it, its just preference. The gameplay in Dark Souls doesn't need to ape Bloodborne and if it did im sure it would have pissed a lot of people off, myself included. Dark Souls isnt designed around the same mechanics Bloodborne is, and thus they play differently. Its also unreasonable to expect every single weapon to have a unique weapon art due to sheer volume.

I think it is unreasonable to just keep bloating the game with more weapons that dont differ much from each other for the sake of adding into the weapon count of the game.

Weapon functionality in Dark Souls 3 doesnt hold a candle to Bloodborne's. I'm a firm believer on that.

Trick weapons and fast combat is the concept that will propel the combat flow in Miyazaki's future projects.

Its the medium he needs to stick to. He dons it

I think it is unreasonable to just keep bloating the game with more weapons that dont differ much from each other for the sake of adding into the weapon count of the game.

Weapon functionality in Dark Souls 3 doesnt hold a candle to Bloodborne's. I'm a firm believer on that.

Trick weapons and fast combat is the concept that will propel the combat flow in Miyazaki's future projects.

Its the medium he needs to stick to. He dons it
Theres room for both.
Also a lot of people were displeased with Bloodborne's lack of weapon variety. As for whether or not he'll continue down the trick weapon line, id certainly like that but whether or not it happens is anyone's guess.

Toni

I don't recall being able to flatten enemies in Bloodborne using Ludwig's or the HMS like I can do with the Zweihander or other UGS in Dark Souls III. You exaggerate greatly in your post.

The greatswords were sluggish and, mostly, a disadvantage in Dark Souls 3 with more agile weapons.

With Bloodborne's fast greatsword swings, you were able to keep up and be on an even field. The boss stunlocking, the trick funcionality, the combo-chaining and the R2 heavy running attack and the extra L2 button to perform straight heavy attacks that didnt require charging up, was the sweet icing on the top.

Little features that imo, made the combat in Bloodborne the evolution the series needed.

Everything felt more of the same in Dark Souls 3. And I'll always say that. Because we regressed big time.

The greatswords were sluggish and, mostly, a disadvantage in Dark Souls 3 with more agile weapons.

With Bloodborne's fast greatsword swings, you were able to keep up and be on an even field. The boss stunlocking, the trick funcionality, the combo-chaining and the R2 heavy running attack was the sweet icing on the top.

Little features that imo, made the combat in Bloodborne the evolution the series needed.

Everything felt more if the same in Dark Souls 3. And I'll always say that. Because we regressed big time.
Greatswords by definition are supposed to be slow, but because of that you get far more damage to make up for it, thats how physics and game balance work. If you want fast swings you get a regular longsword.

Theyre two games with two different styles of play. Why would the sequel to an established series abandon the gameplay its built off of entirely for something else? Thats silly.

This coming from someone that only plays these games with UGS

Toni

Theres room for both.
Also a lot of people were displeased with Bloodborne's lack of weapon variety. As for whether or not he'll continue down the trick weapon line, id certainly like that but whether or not it happens is anyone's guess.

But thats just it.

The fault in Bloodborne was a simple fix that can easily be remedied with either a sequel or spiritual sequel/spin-off.

Literally I've never heard a single complaint about its combat. There isnt a problem with it.

There were no reason to seperate both as well. Had Miyazaki copy-pasted the combat from Bloodborne into Dark Souls 3 the game would probably had longer legs and still fresh on people's minds because its simply a great combat concept.

Dark Souls 3 is essentially Dark Souls 2's combat with battle arts. The game mechanics of DkS3 could have accomodated to the faster pace of BB just fine.

Reason it wasnt the case was because of etilists of Dark Souls that "didnt want the fast BB pace" and because Miyazaki joined development of DkS3 mid way through.

I am super adamant whatever this Dark Fantasy sequel that is coming from a fresh Miyazaki from start to fnish, is an evolved version of Bloodborne's combat.

But thats just it.

The fault in Bloodborne was a simple fix that can easily be remedied on either a sequel or spiritual sequel/spin-off.

Literally I've never heard a single complaint about its combat. There isnt a problem with it.

There were no reason to seperate both. Had Miyazaki copy-pasted the combat from Bloodborne into Dark Souls 3 the game would probably had longer legs and still fresh on people's minds.

Its Dark Souls 2's combat with battle arts. The game mechanics of DkS3 could have accomodated to the faster pace of BB just fine.

Reason it wasnt the case was because of etilists of Dark Souls and because Miyazaki joined development of DkS3 mid way through.

I am super adamant whatever this Dark Fantasy sequel that is coming from a fresh Miyazaki from start to fnish, is an evolved version of Bloodborne's combat.
I think you have some very fundamental misunderstandings. But one thing you need to get past is that:
This is your opinion
Not everyone agrees

It has nothing to do with elitism, Dark Souls III's performance has nothing to do with the two combat systems and it has nothing to do with Miyazaki joining half way through. He actually joined shortly after development started, which was near the emd of Dark Souls 2's development and prior to its release.

And Dark Souls III's combat system is definitely not Dark Souls 2's with battle arts

Its fine to have a preference and an opinion, but your preference and opinions are neither fact nor apply to everyone. I, like many others enjoy both systems and would rather they stay separate. Both systems are good, both systems work and Dark Souls III has the most refined combat in its respective series, in addition to Demon Souls.

Thorrgal

I originally thought yes, ive asked again since and been told not to hold my breath. So im going to assume 2018 for reveal, 2019 for release as per tradition. I think 2017 is going to be year of the Armored Core.

Souls like games have a very specific style of gameplay that every game from Demon Souls to Dark Souls III adheres to, despite every game having their own unique spin on it, they're all largely similar. One big interconnected map, open world ish, 3rd person ARPG with both melee and magic combat, very basic movement consisting purely of dodging and walk/running. Collecting a currency (souls or blood echoes) that act as currency and experience that can be picked up after death upon revisiting. Thess things make a Souls game a souls game (in addition to being made by Fromsoft)

I heard it takes inspiration from the souls games but does something new. For instance, maybe the new IP does away with the souls mechanic, has various forms of movement, maybe even incorpetating vertical movement or flight (just spitballing), goes full open world rather than interconnected levels, expands on what you can do with combat both melee wise and magic wise, but keeps everything else. All of that is speculation on my part but there are many ways a new ARPG can still feel like souls but also be fundamentally different. So keep an open mind.

Its also important to remember that the term Dark Fantasy is an incredibly wide blanket and there are many themes that can fall under that. For instance, both Bloodborne and Dark Souls are Dark Fantasy games, but one is a Lovecraftian Gothic horror dark fantasy, and the other is a European medival dark fantasy. Both very different themes but both under the same umbrella.

Thanks for taking time to reply. I hope we'll see the game at this E3

Toni

I think you have some very fundamental misunderstandings. But one thing you need to get past is that:
This is your opinion
Not everyone agrees

It has nothing to do with elitism, Dark Souls III's performance has nothing to do with the two combat systems and it has nothing to do with Miyazaki joining half way through. He actually joined shortly after development started, which was near the emd of Dark Souls 2's development and prior to its release.

And Dark Souls III's combat system is definitely not Dark Souls 2's with battle arts

Its fine to have a preference and an opinion, but your preference and opinions are neither fact nor apply to everyone. I, like many others enjoy both systems and would rather they stay separate. Both systems are good, both systems work and Dark Souls III has the most refined combat in its respective series, in addition to Demon Souls.

To my understanding, he was bussy with Bloodborne's DLC during the development of Dark Souls 3 and instead was supervising the "vision" of Dark Souls 3 and was also going back and forth between the 2 projects. Once he finished the Old Hunters DLC, he joined as game director on Dark Souls 3 mid way.

As for the opinion part, I definitely agree eith that argument. But i based the elitism point because when Dark Souls 3 was announced on GAF, there were folks adressing the "BB combat" and how they were against it.

Mostly from the people that defend Dark Souls 2 and disliked Bloodborne.

But either way, i based my opinion around the fact that since there is going to be a long cool down period for Dark Souls, folks should just adapt to the Bloodborne's fast combat concept for whatever the future holds for Miyazaki and his projects.

You could see his creativity and love for video games was apparent all over Bloodborne and The Old Hunters. It was his baby.

The fast space is going to be the defacto combat concept for his future IP's.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
There were no reason to seperate both as well. Had Miyazaki copy-pasted the combat from Bloodborne into Dark Souls 3 the game would probably had longer legs and still fresh on people's minds because its simply a great combat concept.

Dark Souls 3 is essentially Dark Souls 2's combat with battle arts. The game mechanics of DkS3 could have accomodated to the faster pace of BB just fine.

Reason it wasnt the case was because of etilists of Dark Souls that "didnt want the fast BB pace" and because Miyazaki joined development of DkS3 mid way through.

You're being nonsensical now. Bloodborne was designed from the ground up around the idea of faster-paced melee combat. Not just faster weapon swings or trick weapons but also the rally mechanic, quick-stepping, reduced stamina costs, instant healing, ranged parry with the ability to regain health, removal of encumbrance, removal of poise, near-eradication of shields, heavy downplaying of magic.

Copy-paste those systems from Bloodborne into Dark Souls III and the game would cease to be Dark Souls.

From did speed up the pace of combat from DaS/II for the third entry, and if you have paid attention, you would know that there has been quite a bit of grumbling in the community as a result. People complaining that many enemies attack too quickly, that rolls are basically free now, that R1 spam is so stupidly effective, etc.

There are plenty of players who enjoy the more measured pace of the Demon's/Dark Souls series and the greater variety in combat it has to offer, and there's no reason that it can't exist alongside games like Bloodborne.

To my understanding, he was bussy with Bloodborne's DLC during the development of Dark Souls 3 and instead was supervising the "vision" of Dark Souls 3 and was also going back and forth between the 2 projects. Once he finished the Old Hunters DLC, he joined as game director on Dark Souls 3 mid way.

As for the opinion part, I definitely agree eith that argument. But i based the elitism point because when Dark Souls 3 was announced on GAF, there were folks adressing the "BB combat" and how they were against it.

Mostly from the people that defend Dark Souls 2 and disliked Bloodborne.

But either way, i based my opinion around the fact that since there is going to be a long cool down period for Dark Souls, folks should just adapt to the Bloodborne's fast combat concept for whatever thr future holds for Miyazaki and his future projects.

You could see his creativity and love for video games was apparent all over Bloodborne and The Old Hunters. It was his baby.

The fast space is going to be the defacto combat concept for his future IP's.

Not to belittle Bloodborne, but a lot of it is ripped straight out of Lovecraft's works. They're definitely worth checking out if you're a fan of the game and JerkSansFrontier's videos too for the inspirations between Bloodborne and other fictional works.

As for what happened in terms of development, IIRC. Fromsoft finished work on Artorias of the Abyss, Sony approached them and said 'Hey, we have some hardware and we want you guys to make something for it' so Miyazaki and some others went to go make Bloodborne,
Dark Souls 2 also went into development around the same time, if not a bit earlier and was greenlit/helmed by another team.
Dark Souls 2 was nearing release at the end of 2013 and they started prototyping Dark Souls 3 and that went on for a bit.
Dark Souls 2 releases in April 2014 and assumedly Dark Souls 3 enters full production w
sometime during 2014 Miyazaki is made head of Fromsoft*, Dark Souls 3 is the last project greenlit before he became president, Miyazaki goes to work on Dark Souls 3 while Bloodborne development likely starts to cool down, this is a full 2+ years prior to the release of Dark Souls 3. So not exactly half way through.
Both Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 continue to be developed in tandem (Hence the asset reuse between the two games)

From there I speculate once Bloodborne was off the table in 2015 they probably kept some people around to do the DLC while the rest went to work on the new ARPG, which would make sense, depending on the scale of the game and whether or not the souls engine is going to get revamped or retired.

Also lol, look what you guys did.

http://www.psu.com/news/32937/bloodborne-2-announcement-e3-2017
and another lmao
http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/developer-99-sure-well-see-bloodborne-2-at-e3-2017/

The Greatsword combat in BB is faster, works flawlessly with the speedier dodge mechanics, they stun lock bigger enemies and bosses, and you can chain more combos with them than you ever did in DkS3. Plus you could turn them into different weapons in the middle of combos. And the addition of the running R2 to pull off a running heavy attack.

Bloodborne's combat is supposed to be fast though. There's no variation in builds. The whole core gameplay depends on being fast and mobile. So it makes sense that the greatsword combat in BB is faster. Dark Souls is all about build variations. Do you want a slower, but stronger weapon with wide reach? Or a faster short range weapon? Or go with a magic build that leaves you vulnerable while casting?

Gbraga

Miyazaki has talked about being influenced by Ico and he makes games with great level design and architecture so I'd love to see a 3D cinematic platformer from him/them. I would not say no to another Bloodborne though.

Yeah, that would be amazing. I've been wanting something like that from him for a while. Go full anime with the aesthetics, make it look like a Ghibli film, that would be the best thing ever.

The level and art design in The Last Guardian would lend itself to being a god-tier Souls game. It's easy to see why Miyazaki looks up to Ueda.

bjnKSIoh.jpg

So cute.

Miya-chan best husbando

Yeah, that would be amazing. I've been wanting something like that from him for a while. Go full anime with the aesthetics, make it look like a Ghibli film, that would be the best thing ever.

that and a full on Berserk game in everything but name would be amazing. F
Make it happen Fromsoft.
I wanna ride on a giant horned and winged monster while flying around fighting a massive boss
have giant boss monsters roaming through the forest and not stuck to one place
have me running across roof tops and jumping on boss monsters SoC style and send me inside its mouth so I can kill it by destroying the brain
give me an arm cannon attachment

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Firstly - The MoonLight Greatsword is most definitely and - come on - obviously a greatsword. don't be silly.

And secondly nah The Old Hunters was possibly the best DLC i've ever played of anything ever and it caps and signs that game off perfectly. BB is a perfect storm of elements from DS and Gothic horror. I would absolutely play a BB2 don't get me wrong BUT I would be much happier to see a new, fresh and visceral take on Armored Core.

Some of that new age FromSoft shine on one of the franchises that helped define my tastes when I was but a wee lad?

Yes. All the pleases.

Firstly - The MoonLight Greatsword is most definitely and - come on - obviously a greatsword. don't be silly.

And secondly nah The Old Hunters was possibly the best DLC i've ever played of anything ever and it caps and signs that game off perfectly. BB is a perfect storm of elements from DS and Gothic horror. I would absolutely play a BB2 don't get me wrong BUT I would be much happier to see a new, fresh and visceral take on Armored Core.

Some of that new age FromSoft shine on one of the franchises that helped define my tastes when I was but a wee lad?

Yes. All the pleases.

In pretty much all conversations about greatswords in souls games the Moonlight Greatsword is excluded, and for good reason and it's definitely not one in Bloodborne considering it's greatsword form is only a buff.

LordKasual

Banned
loSd1yj.jpg

Bloodborne is basically one of gaf's darlings and I imagine the site would get excited if a sequel was announced.
Since it's close to E3......think it will happen or will FromSoft show something different like Armored Core?

Also something interesting from a Yoshida's Twitter in February.
C3qCSvMVMAIxFyw.jpg

Recognize anyone in that photo?
bl-getit.jpg
its nothing

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
In pretty much all conversations about greatswords in souls games the Moonlight Greatsword is excluded, and for good reason and it's definitely not one in Bloodborne considering it's greatsword form is only a buff.

Inside a DS game - yah .. there are other swords that are just so much greater.

In BB? It's range/arc alone put it into the "Sword that is Great in size" category...

I mean shit.. there aren't even that many legit swords in the game. It's definitely not a longsword. Or a short sword.

Tis a great sword, anyway you slice it! BEASTS ALL OVER THE SHOP i'm gonna go home and play tonight fuck.

I should replay Bloodborne soon too

But yeah im not holding out hope that we'll see From's new ARPG this year as much as I'd love to. Again, I asked and was told otherwise. My only hope is that whatever they're cooking blows their previous work out of the water.

When do E3 surprises start leaking? A few years, Sony's entire press conference basically leaked with Shenmue, The Last Guardian, and FFXV being revealed prior to E3.

How far in advance of E3 were those games leaked? If we don't hear anything about Bloodborne 2 prior to E3, I'd be willing to bet that it's not happening.

When do E3 surprises start leaking? A few years, Sony's entire press conference basically leaked with Shenmue, The Last Guardian, and FFXV being revealed prior to E3.

How far in advance of E3 were those games leaked? If we don't hear anything about Bloodborne 2 prior to E3, I'd be willing to bet that it's not happening.
Dark Souls III and Bloodborne leaked months in advance IIRC. We had screenshots and even a trailer for Bloodborne and a lot of gameplay details for Dark Souls.

We've had not a peep since.

Tactics18

I think Fromsoft really needs to take it up a notch with their next ARPG, compared to Bloodborne and DS3.

They should take their time and make whatever they want to make. Release it when it's done. There should be no rush for them at this point.

I think Fromsoft really needs to take it up a notch with their next ARPG, compared to Bloodborne and DS3.

They should take their time and make whatever they want to make. Release it when it's done. There should be no rush for them at this point.
I think From is at the point where they can self publish now. So there'd be no pressure for them to get a game out.

Top Bottom