• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think we'll see Bloodborne 2 at E3?

I-hate-u

How do you make the game of the generation and then decide to not make a follow up to it?

I don't care for a sequel, but give us a game that builds on the mechanics and the brilliant horror atmosphere of BB.

How do you make the game of the generation and then decide to not make a follow up to it?

I don't care for a sequel, but give us a game that builds on the mechanics and the brilliant horror atmosphere of BB.
Because not everything needs to be milked for all its worth, despite how much people insist.

Because not everything needs to be milked for all its worth, despite how much people insist.

This. Let BB be. At least until Miyazaki and From are ready to come back to it. I feel like Sony would allow them to do this too since they have such a close relationship.

I'm ready for something new by From at E3. May even be interested in AC if its looks nice.

Q8D3vil

Unless they fix frame pacing and make ps4 pro 60 fps version, hopefully not.
I rather see them working on multiplatforms games instead.

I-hate-u

I don't want it to be milked. I don't care if it's a sequel, spirtual successor or wtv. Here we have some of the most brilliant game and world design done ever in a game, but no intentions of following up with it. It's pretty frustrating how many games franchises I love that just get shelved.

Midnight Club
MvC(3v3)
DMC
and now Bloodborne?

NEO0MJ

Another DS2 situation cause that game was bad.. BB2 with no Miyazaki I rather we stay with the memories.

But DaS II was good? plus it has the highest metacritic score of all Souls games, including DeS. Just because some on Gaf have a hate boner for it doesn't mean that's the general opinion on the game.

I heard they're making Demons Souls 2. Starts with a trailer for DeS remastered (Bluepoint) and goes into a trailer for a sequel. April 2018 is the target date

Jingo

Its business, you cant be surprised that microsoft canceled scalebound and square enix canceled hitman, ex machina etc erc and be surprised id from does another bloodborne.

This is all about money, not doing another bloodborne would be a bad financial decision, more now since the user base of the ps4 has grown too much.

-Horizon-

I'd like it but bloodborne doesn't really need a sequel. The old hunters ended everything well enough. I'd rather get a brand new unrelated thing.

Do you actually know something about From or are you just speaking on what you think will or won't happen?
In terms of whether or not BB2 will happen in the next few years? Yes. But rather than get into everything else ive been saying on the subject we can look at the publicly available information.
Fromsoft has 260 employees
Fromsoft is currently confirmed to be working on 3 different games right now. None of which are souls or Bloodborne related as already confirmed by Miyazaki
One of them is Armored Core
One of them is a kids game
One of them is a Dark Fantasy ARPG thats a new IP

What i was told is not to hold my breath for any ARPG stuff this year. From games are usually announced a year before release, so that means that the earliest we get that ARPG is 2019, if its announced at 2018's E3. They also usually only put out one game at a time and I don't think they have the man power to work on much more than they already are(though ive been told there is other stuff, also not souls games) but considering that Miyazaki spilled the beans on those 3 games i'd think that those are in full production and will all be released within the next 3 years whereas there's really no space for a Bloodborne sequel in their pipeline right now.

Their ARPGs also have a 3 year turn around, so even if it was put into production once one of their current projects drops it would be at least 2 years after that before its shown

The God

I don't want it to be milked. I don't care if it's a sequel, spirtual successor or wtv. Here we have some of the most brilliant game and world design done ever in a game, but no intentions of following up with it. It's pretty frustrating how many games franchises I love that just get shelved.

Midnight Club
MvC(3v3)
DMC
and now Bloodborne?

They are making another RPG so what's the issue?

I-hate-u

Family friend works at Bend, they've got a decent idea of some of the stuff that will be at the conference

Unless that family friend is high up the chain, I don't understand how they would know what's showing in the conference, even if Days Gone is going to be a part of the show.

Sony keeps stuff secret even within their organization.

They are making another RPG so what's the issue?

I wasn't aware of that. I thought they stopped with the Soulsborne.

But DaS II was good? plus it has the highest metacritic score of all Souls games, including DeS. Just because some on Gaf have a hate boner for it doesn't mean that's the general opinion on the game.

Nah it's cool for those that enjoy it. I just personally think it's a bad entry.

I'd like it but bloodborne doesn't really need a sequel. The old hunters ended everything well enough. I'd rather get a brand new unrelated thing.

I just can't say no to more potential gothic horror masterpieces.

Bloodborne scratched an itch that fucking nobody else is bothering with.

Since when is Metacritic a good scale for how much something is actually enjoyed. Remember that is reviewer's opinions. Not general opinion about the game. And the general opinion about Ds2, ALL around the internet, not just GAF people with "hate boners" is that Ds2 is the worst of the bunch.

If you think that its just gaf "hate boners" then your either not paying attention or only limit your browsing to NeoGaf.

Unless that family friend is high up the chain, I don't understand how they would know what's showing in the conference, even if Days Gone is going to be a part of the show.

Sony keeps stuff secret even within their organization.
I added to the post. Sony keeping secret isn't entirely true, they tend to know what else is coming from first party

I've finished all the Souls games and I'm not quite sure how it's some red headed stepchild. I mean, I've seen reasons people have listed but I don't personally agree with much of it. It was a blast to play, rich in content and had such a crazy ass world.

I heard they're making Demons Souls 2. Starts with a trailer for DeS remastered (Bluepoint) and goes into a trailer for a sequel. April 2018 is the target date

I hope for your sake you're not just making this shit up, you'll burn in video game troll hell eternally for this one otherwise.

Not aimed at your statement, but I have a hard time imaging why Demon's Souls II at this point. I guess just because Sony and Dark Souls wasn't Sony? Either way, we already have Demon's Souls II, III and IV essentially with the Dark Souls series, so it'd be pretty odd despite me losing my shit over such an announcement. I really don't see what would potentially differentiate this from being Dark Souls III v1.5 at this point of the series.

Specifically on topic: I don't think they'll have Bloodborne II and I still don't think it'll happen at all.

PS: DeS remaster...jesus christ, give it now.

I hope for your sake you're not just making this shit up, you'll burn in video game troll hell eternally for this one otherwise.

Not aimed at your statement, but I have a hard time imaging why Demon's Souls II at this point. I guess just because Sony and Dark Souls wasn't Sony? Either way, we already have Demon's Souls II, III and IV essentially with the Dark Souls series, so it'd be pretty odd despite me losing my shit over such an announcement. I really don't see what would potentially differentiate this from being Dark Souls III v1.5 at this point of the series.

Specifically on topic: I don't think they'll have Bloodborne II and I still don't think it'll happen at all.

Agreed. After saying theyre done with Dark Souls I'd find it very odd for them to turn around and go right back to DeS. Which isnt all that different. Maybe they could incorporate more of BB's combat sensibilities...but I mean DS3 basically did that. Surprisingly...dont know if want? At least not super levels of hype like it was for BB.

-Horizon-

I just can't say no to more potential gothic horror masterpieces.

Bloodborne scratched an itch that fucking nobody else is bothering with.

If dark souls 3 and both dlc are any indication of what is probably gonna happen in any potential bloodborne sequel, I'd really NOT want another souls-like game for a good while.

We'd probably get bosses with 4+ phases and a health bar that is essentially 3 glued together because difficulty for difficulties sake.

In terms of whether or not BB2 will happen in the next few years? Yes. But rather than get into everything else ive been saying on the subject we can look at the publicly available information.
Fromsoft is currently confirmed to be working on 3 different games right now. None of which are souls or Bloodborne related as already confirmed by Miyazaki

What i was told is not to hold my breath for any ARPG stuff this year. From games are usually announced a year before release, so that means that the earliest we get that ARPG is 2019, if its announced at 2018's E3. They also usually only put out one game at a time and I don't think they have the man power to work on much more than they already are(though ive been told there is other stuff, also not souls games) but considering that Miyazaki spilled the beans on those 3 games i'd think that those are in full production and will all be released within the next 3 years whereas there's really no space for a Bloodborne sequel in their pipeline right now.

Their ARPGs also have a 3 year turn around, so even if it was put into production once one of their current projects drops it would be at least 2 years after that before its shown

Is the "kids game" just conjecture on your part, or is that from an insider?

When Miyazaki said no more Souls (including Bloodborne) i don't know why he'd make exceptions.
Is the "kids game" just conjecture on your part, or is that from an insider?
Pretty sure Miyazaki said it himself. But he is working on a minimum of 3 projects right now that aren't souls related. That is 100% straight from the horses mouth.

i had a shift in thought. it's still a masterclass in game design but it really needs better framerate and better frame pacing. i have beaten it twice , tried to go back to it a couple of weeks ago, but can not tolerate the performance, personally. I don't see that changing 3, 5 or 10 years from now.

As much as I love Bloodborne, it isn't...hasn't...aged well and needs a sequel. i look forward to an announcement with open arms.

WTF? It's two years old! And still the best game released this gen.

If dark souls 3 and both dlc are any indication of what is probably gonna happen in any potential bloodborne sequel, I'd really NOT want another souls-like game for a good while.

We'd probably get bosses with 4+ phases and a health bar that is essentially 3 glued together because difficulty for difficulties sake.

I love bosses with multiple phaes. DS3 and its DLC has some great bosses imo.

Do you think Armored Core will be their first reveal?

When Miyazaki said no more Souls (including Bloodborne) i don't know why he'd make exceptions.

Pretty sure Miyazaki said it himself. But he is working on a minimum of 3 projects right now that aren't souls related. That is 100% straight from the horses mouth.

Are you referring to what he said in the link I edited in to my post? Or did he actually state this elsewhere? I know he's said it's going to be "weird," but I haven't heard it specifically being described as a "kids game."

Bloodborne is a masterpiece with some of the best combat an action RPG's ever seen. As much as I think it doesn't need a sequel, if FROM can find ways to top their best achievement I'm all for it.

Servbot24

Banned
Unless they fix frame pacing and make ps4 pro 60 fps version, hopefully not.
I rather see them working on multiplatforms games instead.

I hope they make BB2 at 15FPS, just to weed out the casuals who don't genuinely appreciate the design of the games. :p

I get you on the DS3 DLC, but DS3 was still a great game.

Also none of that is necessarily an indication.

Are you referring to what he said in the link I edited in to my post? Or did he actually state this elsewhere?
I've never actually read that article so I don't think thats where i got it from. I think im recalling the article post DS3 where he talks about the other two projects but its been a while. I may have picked it up elsewhere.

Agreed. After saying theyre done with Dark Souls I'd find it very odd for them to turn around and go right back to DeS. Which isnt all that different. Maybe they could incorporate more of BB's combat sensibilities...but I mean DS3 basically did that. Surprisingly...dont know if want? At least not super levels of hype like it was for BB.

My main thing is after Miyazaki's statements, and on sequels in general, I would have a hard time believing that anything further explicitly Souls would be made out of sheer creative drive as Demons, Dark 1 and BB seem to have been. I'm by no means saying that I thought Dark II and III were some sort of cynical cash grab or some shit, but I think that burning creative force is felt strongly in the others.

I guess what I'm getting at is that I think anything further Souls would seem a bit forced and tired by now. I fucking LOVE Demon's Souls, but honestly would prefer a new IP, a continuation and evolution, like Bloodborne was.

And on another note, I was already a bit of a FROM fan because of King's Field in the past, but the Souls series has basically convinced me to check out any and all games they'll release in the future. I have minus zero interest in mech games and will still check out Armored Core if that's announced.

Murkas

No, the game was perfect and I'd rather not see it milked constantly. Let the Bloodborne and Souls series sleep now and move onto new and brighter creations.

Just because I love a series doesn't mean I wanna see a new iteration every 2 years.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
i had a shift in thought. it's still a masterclass in game design but it really needs better framerate and better frame pacing. i have beaten it twice , tried to go back to it a couple of weeks ago, but can not tolerate the performance, personally. I don't see that changing 3, 5 or 10 years from now.

Isn't the framerate pretty much a locked 30 aside from some instances in the chalice dungeons?

Top Bottom