• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor Who Series 2011 |OT| Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Sam

If you need my mutilated version of the logo sans hastily added snow, you need only check the last page of the previous thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=384256&page=137

YF1Ez.png

Edit: I've really gotta stop reposting the banner every five seconds, huh? I have a serious problem.

border

I always thought that this was the best Doctor Who shirt -- I just wish it didn't have the logo at all. I just want something that fans will recognize but normal people will just think is weird art.

d7b2_doctor_who_tardis.jpg

infiniteloop said:
wish someone would make a non-ugly Who shirt.

Isn't "One day I shall come back.." from Dalek Invasion of Earth from 1964?

Yep, he's talking about Susan. And he never does go back.

border said:
I always thought that this was the best Doctor Who shirt -- I just wish it didn't have the logo at all. I just want something that fans will recognize but normal people will just think is weird art.

The Tardis is one of the most recognisable objects anywhere :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
read a short interview with moffat in the Christmas Radio Times, and its made me a bit nervous about next season. He says it'll be darker, we'll be properly introduced to River Song, and an important male character who some consider a hero, will die. Not Rory? Can't be the doctor, wouldn't regenerate him again so soon - loving Smith

Mr. Sam

Dr Zhivago said:
Some people are claiming that
River Song will kill JFK

That... makes a surprising amount of sense. I'm on-board with it. No way will they actually do it though.

Mr. Sam said:
That... makes a surprising amount of sense. I'm on-board with it. No way will they actually do it though.

Yeah, seems a bit too heavy for Doctor Who. Still, it would be interesting to see them pull it off.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
No Sci Fi will ever pull off that event as good as Quantum Leap did.

For anyone that missed it.

After leaping throughout Lee Harvey Oswald's life, Sam is becoming him and just before he takes the shot, he leaps into a Secret Service agent near the car. End of episode twist/reveal is that Sam wasn't there to save John, but to save Jackie. Was an awesome way to handle it.

Mr. Sam

Looking pretty sweet. Pretty sweet indeed.

I'll be going away for a long weekend. Remind me to update the OP when I get back.

Mr. Sam said:
Looking pretty sweet. Pretty sweet indeed.

I'll be going away for a long weekend. Remind me to update the OP when I get back.
Update the OP when you get back. :D

All kidding aside, the special does look very good. And enjoy the long weekend.

Smallish spoiler for the next series. The voice in the Tardis during series five wasn't saying "Silence will fall". It was saying
Silents will Fall. The Silents are the new enemies for series six, and apparently the scariest baddies ever to grace Who. They hang from ceilings!

trudderham said:
Smallish spoiler for the next series. The voice in the Tardis during series five wasn't saying "Silence will fall".

Just fan speculation at this point as a call sheet had an actor listed as
The Silent

trudderham said:
Smallish spoiler for the next series. The voice in the Tardis during series five wasn't saying "Silence will fall". It was saying
Silents will Fall. The Silents are the new enemies for series six, and apparently the scariest baddies ever to grace Who. They hang from ceilings!

But we've seen creatures that can do that before.

I rewatched the brilliance of the moffet episodes last night. That man is a genius for making awesome plots that don't fell overblown like RTD did while still maintaing the great dialogue RTD excelled at. I think the biggest takeaway for me is how much building toward that finale made the whole experience beter rather than just sprinkling a seemingly random planet name or noun throughout the series. It feels great knowing moffet has already planned everything out.

Anyway, I keep forgetting this is a kids show. Watching scenes of the Doctor who prom with all the 8 year olds in the crowd is kind of shocking to me. I keep forgetting it's suppose to be and has always been targeted a kids show. How kids that young can ever appreciate what the big bang accomplished and even understand what the fuck happened in that finale is shocking to me. Thinking on it made me realize why DT's overly expressive doctor was so cherished, and it scares me to think matt smiths more subtle doctor could bore some kids away. If I hadn't read some negative stuff about the ratings for series 5 I know I wouldn't feel this way. You guys are smart, is the show still doing well?

And holy shit, I get that spoiler all of a sudden now.
The silents are on the ceiling....and they will fall down to grab you.
Awesome.

Mr. Sam

ultron87 said:
Fuck that shit.

Has horrible flashbacks to Barnacles from Half-life and Wallmasters from Zelda.
Genuinely why I couldn't complete Half-Life 2. Those things creeped me the fuck out: "Huh, why am I floating up all of-- OHGODOHGODOHGODKILLIT!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom