• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone ever think about how OoT "adult" Link basically has the mind of a child?

Jeeves

Granted, a child who's seen a lot and had to grow up fast. But it makes some scenes kind of awkward when you think about it.

Just a shower thought really, was curious if it occurred to anyone else.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Unless the storyline specifies its still a kids mind (like Shazam) I tend to assume the adult form magically instantly gains adult sensibilities & thought processes whenever that happens in fiction.

Jeeves

OOT Link has the mind of whoever's holding the controller
I suppose the original meaning of the name Link supports that, yeah.
Unless the storyline specifies its still a kids mind (like Shazam) I tend to assume the adult form magically instantly gains adult sensibilities & thought processes whenever that happens in fiction.
Well, all he did was sleep for 7 years, it's not like magic bestowed him an adult body and mind.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
What about when he goes back to being a kid? Bet he goes back to Kokiri Forest and teaches the kids there all kinds of swearing and lewd stuff, the rascal.

Last edited:

Moses85

No, because link isn’t real.
How Dare You Greta GIF

Caffeine

as the sages can watch over from the sealed realm I assume link can too ? hes there for 7 years.
What about when he goes back to being a kid? Bet he goes back to Kokiri Forest and teaches the kids there all kinds of swearing and lewd stuff, the rascal.
one of the sages is saria so shes teaching him these things.
Why is Ganondorf green?
some gerudo's are born with olive skin. most of the npc's are just reused assets so it wasnt conveyed.

Jeeves

He still has the mind of a Child when stuck in stasis for 7 years during OoT. After his experiences and being sent back through time he has the mind of an adult but the body of a child in Majora's Mask.
Yes, there's that too! I do think it's safe to say by the end of Ocarina he's experienced more than most adults.

Obviously the games don't do much to explore these facets of the character, and I'm not even arguing they should. But they make for interesting blanks to be filled in.

Yoshi97

He still has the mind of a Child when stuck in stasis for 7 years during OoT. After his experiences and being sent back through time he has the mind of an adult but the body of a child in Majora's Mask.
Yeah and tingle is his counter in MM. An adult with the mind of a child.

Thaedolus

When the focus of the game is gameplay, you don’t worry about your avatar being a mute stand in so much.

See also: Metroid, where Samus rarely if ever speaks outside of log entries…with that one abortion of a game excluded

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I fucking LOVE the depth of lore mystery, ponderances, etc that still come from a game on basic hardware from like 3 decades ago that had fifty percent of its script easily dedicated to tutorials. It was a very basic playground with very basic rules, but the fucking IDEAS and possibilities fostered from it are nearly limitless. Great example of a woven tapestry of Memories, nostalgia, and escapism that started from one rather simple thread.

God, I love Ocarina of Time.

Kamina

Golden Boy
I would say more like the naivety and intelligence of a child, his brain is an adult’s otherwise and so will be his operation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom