• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dolphin 4.0 Released

hlhbk

Have you ever right-clicked on the specific game entries and disabled the game-specific hacks? (highlighted below)

nk3uEM6.png

I don't understand why Paper Mario and Twilight Princess hacks are on by default. They should be unchecked.

No I hadn't done that. I unchecked those however and I still get the same issues. Being in IT I would tend to think the issue is with my system but all other games play great and PCSX2 runs great. I just don't get it. Any other idea?

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
No I hadn't done that. I unchecked those however and I still get the same issues. Being in IT I would tend to think the issue is with my system but all other games play great and PCSX2 runs great. I just don't get it. Any other idea?

Hmm. I would then try all the different combos of sound settings. What are your GFX settings? And are all your drivers up to date?

ramine

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I could play this at full speed but Dual Core is broken still...performance is poor on my x4 955.

Buw.png

Cuw.png

So is F-Zero still slow on all computers, or is it something specific about your build?
I'd love to be able to play that game in HD one day but won't invest in the desktop to do so until I'm sure it'll run well!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Always check the wiki

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Xenoblade_Chronicles

Check the test entries and see if theres any sound advice. A couple of people said they were able to fix it with LLE.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
evw.jpg

Man, it's really hard to get Dolphin running well consistently. I guess the last thing I would say is make all these checkboxes a solid blue box [] and make the HLE one a checkmark.

Seik

Banned
Tested games all day, noticed some upgrades. :)

-No more crash after starting REMIX 1 in Rhythm Heaven Fever.
-The intro video in RE Darkside Chronicles is now clean, I remember something was wrong back then as well.
-Wii Sports seems to run perfectly now, which wasn't the case a few months ago when I tried it.
-Maybe it's just me, but it took longer for the background music to disappear in SMG2 when using HLE (I always try HLE when newer versions come because I get a bit of lags with LLE)
-ES_LAUNCH is now integrated I guess, since both Kirby Collection and Metroid Prime Trilogy seems to work fine.

Only negative so far is that I'm still experincing Skyward Sword's crash when I enter the first silent realm trial. :(

Meesh

I just started using dolphin a few days ago and nearly cried. I couldn't believe what I was missing out on. I booted up WW and my 9 year old said it looked just like the Wiiu one, I actually didn't have much of a reply to him, and I wasn't about to mention "bloom". Lol Really, all my GC games look incredible and I'm about to try Tales of Symphonia tomorrow. I can only imagine how my Wii games would look. A little Okami, some Muramasa, heck even a little NM Heroes? Anyways, the experience thus far has blown my mind, and all my kids for that matter.

Seik

Banned
Just gave a real shot to Metroid Prime via the Trilogy.

Damn, I hated Prime back then when it came out, but now I think I've seen the light.

primenxr9e.png

Holy shit does it feel good with a Wiimote+Nunchuk as well, it feels well adapted and intuitive.

Xenoblade runs so smooth...
I often find myself staring at that pre title screen with the Monado and the beautiful day/nigh cycle.

And I found the reason I never got MSI Afterburner to show statistics on screen: it will only work with the x86 version of Dolphin, not the x64.

@Seik good you gave the game another chance.
It's really good and worth your time. And it's gorgeous on Dolphin.

I still think it's amazing how this game runs @ 60 FPS on GameCube. That little machine was indeed powerful.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
The Windwaker Widescreen AR code doesn't seem to be working for me for some reason. The HD texture pack sure does make it look nice though.

Kokonoe

Banned
To be honest, I think Wind Waker looks a lot better without the bloom/saturation. Original Wind Waker in 1080p with HD icons = da best.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
It's definitely not realistic, not in the same way that Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time are, even they too are stylised in character designs. Skyward Sword is using a character shader that's not overly far removed from Wind Waker, gorgeous painterly filter on distant and close texture surfaces (as well as some objects), and Wind Waker-like particle effects for dust and what-not. Not to mention everything is stylised in a really cool way. Scrubs up really well in HD, and honestly, even though I still love Twilight Princess' art (and the Zelda HD Experience tech demo) I hope Nintendo pursue Wind Waker and Skyward Sword style art for Zelda Wii U, or at least try and draw from another art style. Gives the series a really fresh identity, if each game adopts a different art style, in my opinion.

Next Zelda should totally go full Cubism!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
sorry for the noob questions, but for WW specifically, what are good options to get it running nicely on a 1080p monitor? (7950, i5-3570k at 4GHz)? I hear about HD textures and aspect ratio fixes?

also, if I'm using a 360 pad, can I just assign a left trigger/bumper to Z? I don't think the game uses the left triggers on a gamecube controller so they should be free.

Garteal

Have you ever right-clicked on the specific game entries and disabled the game-specific hacks? (highlighted below)

I don't understand why Paper Mario and Twilight Princess hacks are on by default. They should be unchecked.
They are not on by default.

Global settings: Filled box (eg: things you've set in the configuration, graphics, audio, etc will be used)
On Override: Checked box
Off Override: Empty box

Please see above.
What's your 2600K clocked at? Set the audio back-end to HLE since you'll gain (a lot) of performance. You'll need to have full speed for both back-ends to not have crackles, etc.

Overclocking your CPU (if you haven't already) is your best bet, but you can try to set the framelimit to 30FPS and checking Limit by FPS. See if that helps. Do know that you might get audio desyncs, etc.

sorry for the noob questions, but for WW specifically, what are good options to get it running nicely on a 1080p monitor? (7950, i5-3570k at 4GHz)? I hear about HD textures and aspect ratio fixes?

also, if I'm using a 360 pad, can I just assign a left trigger/bumper to Z? I don't think the game uses the left triggers on a gamecube controller so they should be free.
Just raise your IR and set your fullscreen resolution to your monitors (or higher if you want to downsample). You can enable widescreen by using AR Codes. You can find them here.

Yes, you can assign each button to what you want.

What's their to do? Options - Wiimote settings - Real Wiimote. That's it, the emulator detects that it's a wiimote+ and you're good to go.

It may not work on cheap knock-offs, I dunno. Only ever used a genuine original so that could be a factor.

Wow your totally flippant attitude made it work OMG! Thanks!

You don't think I haven't tried the obvious fucking way. It's a Nintendo Brand controller, nothing I've tried has gotten a real wiimote + to connect to dolphin.

qq more

To be honest, I think Wind Waker looks a lot better without the bloom/saturation. Original Wind Waker in 1080p with HD icons = da best.

I agree. The bloom seriously feels out of place with the cel-shaded art style. Bloom only really fits with games that has a more detailed art direction.

Metroid Other M settings anyone? I have this weird rectangle graphical glitch type thing in the top left of the screen and occasionally the game will freeze for a second or two. Very weird. NVM, just went back to 3.5 and it works much better.

ramine

Unconfirmed Member
I've looked around for a possible answer, but is there a way to play Donkey Kong Jungle Beat with the bongos on Dolphin? (for example using a USB adapter)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Heading home from my folks tomorrow, looking forward to digging back into Skyward Sword. When I've finished Skyward Sword I'm gonna do a run through of Killer7 with as many bells and whistles as possible.

Anybody know if there's a widescreen HUD fix?

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I've looked around for a possible answer, but is there a way to play Donkey Kong Jungle Beat with the bongos on Dolphin? (for example using a USB adapter)

do you have an adaptor that connects regular gamecube controllers to a PC?
the bongos might be recognized through that...

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
The Windwaker Widescreen AR code doesn't seem to be working for me for some reason. The HD texture pack sure does make it look nice though.

When using the widescreen code you also have to force it to display in 16:9 in the graphics settings.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
When using the widescreen code you also have to force it to display in 16:9 in the graphics settings.

I did so and it still stretches for some reason. I turned on the widescreen hack on and off while running and it isn't rendering appropriately with the code only.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I did so and it still stretches for some reason. I turned on the widescreen hack on and off while running and it isn't rendering appropriately with the code only.

You shouldn't use the Widescreen hack when using the widescreen AR code.

Use this action replay code is you're using a US version of Wind Waker

Code:
043FA998 3FE38E39

In graphics set aspect ratio to "Force 16:9" and disable Widescreen hack.

Let me know how that goes.

Edit: Also, in the config settings set "Enable cheats" to on.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
You shouldn't use the Widescreen hack when using the widescreen AR code.

Use this action replay code is you're using a US version of Wind Waker

Code:
043FA998 3FE38E39

In graphics set aspect ratio to "Force 16:9" and disable Widescreen hack.

Let me know how that goes.

Edit: Also, in the config settings set "Enable cheats" to on.

Ah it seems cheats weren't enabled since I was looking for it in the game properties settings instead of the config panel! Thanks muchly.

Miguel81

Metroid Other M settings anyone? I have this weird rectangle graphical glitch type thing in the top left of the screen and occasionally the game will freeze for a second or two. Very weird. NVM, just went back to 3.5 and it works much better.

Which backend are you using? Is EFB Copies set to RAM or Texture?

Vlaphor

I don't know what happened, but Dolphin 4.0 caused all my games to run like crap. I did the LLE thing mentioned, and that helped a little bit...but even Rhythm Heaven is unplayable, and that ran just fine in earlier versions.

Vlaphor

I7 930 2.8ghz (plan to overclock after I can afford a nicer heatsink)
16gb of ram
GTX 570

I could run Mario Galaxy 2, Rhythm Heaven, and Epic Yarn just fine. Now, they all run choppy and slow.

Seik

Banned
Dolphin wiki says you gotta be in OpenGL to fix that

Nice, it didn't worked before but now it does. It lags a bit but I'll drop down the resolution to fix it, after all I'll only use it for these places.

Thanks!

I don't know what happened, but Dolphin 4.0 caused all my games to run like crap. I did the LLE thing mentioned, and that helped a little bit...but even Rhythm Heaven is unplayable, and that ran just fine in earlier versions.

Weird, I just tried RHF yesterday and it worked like a charm, Mine always got stuck at the first REMIX and now it works.

Kenka

Dolphin is giving me a rough time:

i3-2100
GTX 560Ti
4GB RAM

I have tried to emulate with no bells and whistles whatsoever. I even stuck with the native resolution. Well, games run like crap at around 10 FPS.

I have perfectly emulated Bloody Roar on Dolphin 3.5 and now it stutters like hell. Same for Monkey Ball and Metroid Prime.
edit: huh, 3.5 has started being crap too all of a sudden.

Top Bottom