• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dolphin - Emulating Wii and Gamecube Games

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Schlomo said:
Would you mind checking if Fraps displays exactly 60 fps (for 60 fps games)? This could be related to some strange refresh rate setting in the GPU settings or something, right?
61 fps, just like you.

Nabs

Anony said:
does anyone have ikaruga and like find good settings?

ikaruga works great without really having to experiment with configs. are you having any trouble with it?

Darko

anyone else get this error with SMG2?

24dpkyd.png

Brannon

Darko NOOOOO!

*But it may be too late. But if it's not too late then I'll cover my ass and say I believed in you all along*

EGM92

Stallion Free thanks for the SMG guide.

I'm having problems with the Direct3D9 plugin. Everytime I start the emu with the plugin instead of the OpenGL I get a "Failed to Initialize Direct3d9" then the emu crashes. Any idea what's causing this? DirectX is full updated.

Schlomo said:
Would you mind checking if Fraps displays exactly 60 fps (for 60 fps games)? This could be related to some strange refresh rate setting in the GPU settings or something, right?
Stallion Free said:
61 fps, just like you.
Fraps does that all the time, even when I'm recording a game that is locked to 60fps and Fraps is set to record at 60fps it still ticks between 60 and 61fps. I've not noticed any tearing as a result though.

JADS

EGM92 said:
Stallion Free thanks for the SMG guide.

I'm having problems with the Direct3D9 plugin. Everytime I start the emu with the plugin instead of the OpenGL I get a "Failed to Initialize Direct3d9" then the emu crashes. Any idea what's causing this? DirectX is full updated.

Post your specs: CPU, Videocard, OS and RAM

EGM92

Laptop: i7 920QXM, 8GB DDR3 1333mhz 500GB 7200.4rpm, 260M GTX 1GB and 5850 1GB video cards Running Win7 x64 (Dolphin crashes as soon as the error pops up)

Desktop: i7 975 @ 4.4ghz, 12GB DDR3 1333mhz, 1TB WD Cav Black, 5970 2GB running Win 7 x64 (Emu runs, but as soon as the wii controller safety message pops up the entire screen goes white with blue vertical lines and just freezes the entire system)

Linkzg said:
is there a way to transfer my gamecube or Wii saves to my PC?
Didn't spot an answer for this. There is. For Gamecube you can use memory cards with built in USB ports and the software that comes with them (here is an example, they seems to have gone up in price massively though) but if you don't have these there is an old piece of Wii homebrew that works with 3rd party Gamecube memory cards only and a slightly less old piece that appaarently tends to eat official card. I believe Gamecube saves you get off the internet (Gamefaqs etc) are compatible with the emulator (as they should be no different to what you get with the above).

For Wii nowadays one of these two programs (they're the same thing only one has a prettier interface) is best.

If you have any problems with any of the getting the saves off on the Wii side the Wii homebrew thread is probably better place to bring it up.

JADS

EGM92 said:
Laptop: i7 920QXM, 8GB DDR3 1333mhz 500GB 7200.4rpm, 260M GTX 1GB and 5850 1GB video cards Running Win7 x64 (Dolphin crashes as soon as the error pops up)

Desktop: i7 975 @ 4.4ghz, 12GB DDR3 1333mhz, 1TB WD Cav Black, 5970 2GB running Win 7 x64 (Emu runs, but as soon as the wii controller safety message pops up the entire screen goes white with blue vertical lines and just freezes the entire system)

Are you certain that your directX is up-to-date? Even if you have windows 7, have you installed: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&DisplayLang=en or that you have this installed http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...ca-337f-4b40-8c14-157cfdffee4e&DisplayLang=en ?

V_Ben

Banned
I was wondering something. Dolphin is compilable for mac, right? Is anybody able to compile a mac build? I remember somewhere that there was a mac version of some sort. I would be eternally grateful :)

EGM92

I've tried everything can't seem to get it to work with the Direct3D9 plugin, wonder what's causing this, everything is up to date.

Are there newer plugins available?

Sanjay

Could have something to do with running both 260M GTX 1GB and 5850 1GB video cards? maybe a driver issue with the graphics card?

EGM92

Sanjay said:
Could have something to do with running both 260M GTX 1GB and 5850 1GB video cards? maybe a driver issue with the graphics card?

They're not running together, I've tested both of them and both gave me the exact same problem. I'm going to try older ATI drivers.

Edit:

I downgraded the drivers from 10.4a to 10.4 and got it "working", well it no longer crashes but this his how it displays, I shot a short video with my camera. Muramasa Emu Direct3D9

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
evlcookie said:
Is bluesoliel meant to pickup the sensor bar? I can't seem to get it working. OS is windows 7 X64
No, it just needs to detect the controller. The sensor bar lets the Wiimote know where it is and stuff.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Stallion Free said:
No, it just needs to detect the controller. The sensor bar lets the Wiimote know where it is and stuff.

So the sensor bar doesn't have to talk to the PC at all then or dolphin? It's just on so the wiimote has a point of reference?

Will double check my settings then.

Woo, my Bluetooth dongle is natively supported by Win7 64bit, just so happens to be the smallest dongle in the world too. :D
Called the Atomic Pico, its so small its nuts:
dongle8-300x224.jpg

On a US Penny
dongle6-300x224.jpg

dongle9-300x224.jpg

dongle10-300x224.jpg

I've had it for a while but I've been so lazy and haven't tried it out. I just plugged it in and its ready to go :D Nothing sticking out at all and doesn't have an annoying light or anything either.
Amazed.

Starwolf_UK said:
Didn't spot an answer for this. There is. For Gamecube you can use memory cards with built in USB ports and the software that comes with them (here is an example, they seems to have gone up in price massively though) but if you don't have these there is an old piece of Wii homebrew that works with 3rd party Gamecube memory cards only and a slightly less old piece that appaarently tends to eat official card. I believe Gamecube saves you get off the internet (Gamefaqs etc) are compatible with the emulator (as they should be no different to what you get with the above).

For Wii nowadays one of these two programs (they're the same thing only one has a prettier interface) is best.

If you have any problems with any of the getting the saves off on the Wii side the Wii homebrew thread is probably better place to bring it up.

Thanks

Some games like PN03 that I know work great in the emulator I'd like to play on my computer, but going through again and unlocking all the suits would be a nightmare. Might as well just find a complete save online.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Since I know you are all hyped for Super Mario Galaxy 2, try out this pre-configed build I have been testing on SMG1 and let me know how it runs SMG1 for you. I hadn't been getting the FPS I had wanted on Nab's config, so I made a number of tweaks and it did improve the FPS for me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?udmjo4ymynt

Chao

Any news on the OSX version of this emulator? I've read something about an OSX build, but can't find it anywhere. I'd like to try F-Zero GX now that it seems to work :O

jediyoshi

Stallion Free said:
Since I know you are all hyped for Super Mario Galaxy 2, try out this pre-configed build I have been testing on SMG1 and let me know how it runs SMG1 for you. I hadn't been getting the FPS I had wanted on Nab's config, so I made a number of tweaks and it did improve the FPS for me.

oh wow, didn't realize there'd been a fix for mario's white eyes. definitely upped my framerate, i used to get 20ish in the opening town, up to 40-50.

Stallion Free said:

What does this do?

GCMPathes = 0

Noticed is enabled on mine.

IMACOMPUTA

What's the eye fix for SMG?
And is there a fix for the music? If i can't get music to work i'd rather just play on my wii.. :/

Fitz

IMACOMPUTA said:
And is there a fix for the music? If i can't get music to work i'd rather just play on my wii.. :/

The eye fix is to download a recent Dolphin revision, and there isn't a music fix at the moment I believe.

jediyoshi

IMACOMPUTA said:

dolphin2010-05-2213-2543ln.png

i'm guessing it's just the revision itself. either way, happy times

Top Bottom