• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump attacks Amazon

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
There are some serious concerns about Amazon but I'd sign over my life to the Amazonian tech gods to see Trump truly brought low.
Yeah I feel like if the option would be between Trump or Amazon running the country, it wouldn't even be close

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I really miss having a president. I mean, even though I was not the biggest Bush Jr fan, dude was the president. He acted the part even though he was goofy as hell. Trump is just sitting in the office but not really the president.

As some historians have been putting out on twitter, his behavior is mirroring Nixon when he knew that the noose was getting tighter and the outcome was obvious.

I really miss having a president. I mean, even though I was not the biggest Bush Jr fan, dude was the president. He acted the part even though he was goofy as hell. Trump is just sitting in the office but not really the president.

As some historians have been putting out on twitter, his behavior is mirroring Nixon when he knew that the noose was getting tighter and the outcome was obvious.

Well there is clearly some sort of mental deterioration when it comes to Trump. People speculate mental illness. His sentence structure over the years has become very simple. Very child like.

Nixon had become a drunk, and that was largely why he was acting so erratic. Once Watergate happened his drinking became even worse.

With his followers. Which are lost by now and not worth saving, if they still support him today.

Right?

I'm getting really frustrated at posters and news paper stories talking about how Donald Trump's base still supports him.

They're his fucking base. That's what a base is. It's the support you can count on no matter what. You take your base for granted, then do whatever the fuck you need to win over people outside of it.

Trump's base still support him. Because no shit they do. He's still clearly losing support however slowly.

Regiruler

You made the mistake of assuming he's thinking

Reading the other amazon thread though... there may be somewhat of a point in the tweets?

I've changed my mind a bit, I think they're a legitimate target concerning how they impact the macro economy, but it's a bad time to go after them.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I've been expecting him to latch on to that "Amazon eroding jobs" story.

I'd sort of rather live in a megacorporate dystopia than modern America. At least in the prior case we're probably going to get cool cybernetics and the absurdly unfair distribution of wealth isn't based almost entirely on race.

Rookhelm

Conservatives are so worried about the destruction of the 2nd amendment (which has gone no where), and Trump has managed to destroy the 1st amendment with two words, "Fake News".

The 1st amendment isn't so you can say the n-word without getting in trouble, it's to enable the people (including the press) to keep a critical eye on the president and government. With two words, he's turned the people against the press, so no he can do what he wants and people will eat it up.

Fularu

Banned
I can't make head or tails of what he says among all those FAKE NEWS words

I can't believe this is the US president

I can't make head or tails of what he says among all those FAKE NEWS words

I can't believe this is the US president

The essential gist of it is, "The Washington Post better stop printing bad news about me, because I exercise my powers to prevent monopolies against companies that make fun of me!"

It's the same song and dance number he did with Time-Warner. Trump takes a keen interest in corporate law when he's, A) in an immediate position to wield influence and B) been made fun of by a media arm of the company in question.

commedieu

Banned
Why is everyone talking about sales tax?

Retailers don't pay sales tax, consumers do...retailers collect the taxes.

Trump is referring to Amazon's well known business structure meant to avoid paying corporate taxes. Pretty much every big company in the US does similar things but Bezos has been known to attempt even more ridiculous than usual schemes; when he first founded Amazon he tried creating the company with a home adress on a California indian reservation to try to avoid federal taxes.

Trump is an idiot, but "amazon collects sales taxes!" does not refute Trump's claim.

This is the truth. But trump, as we all know, is a moron who isn't qualified to be president, and can't explain what he mean like an adult. So people have to figure out what he truly means.

Isn't Google/apple headquartered on the same Irish city, for tax loopholes?

And as the moron literally bragged about not paying taxes, these companies are doing the same thing. But they are more transparent.

dsk1210

Somebody around him needs to man up and tell him to shut the fuck up, I honestly detest the man, his deflection of everything is wearing thin.

JWiLL

Banned
"This new company "Amazon" wants to sell books on the internet. Terrible business model - nobody reads! Sad!" - Donald Trump circa 1995, probably

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Fake news officially lost all meaning to me now, I don't know how any one can believe him now whenever he says it

Top Bottom