• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump to declare January 20th as National Day of Patriotic Devotion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan

THE SEVEN COMMANDMENTS
1. Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
2. Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
3. No animal shall wear clothes.
4. No animal shall sleep in a bed.
5. No animal shall drink alcohol.
6. No animal shall kill any other animal.
7. All animals are equal.

It was very neatly written, and except that “friend” was written “freind” and one of the “S’s” was the wrong way round, the spelling was correct all the way through. Snowball read it aloud for the benefit of the others. All the animals nodded in complete agreement, and the cleverer ones at once began to learn the Commandments by heart.
“Now, comrades,” cried Snowball, throwing down the paint-brush, “to the hayfield! Let us make it a point of honour to get in the harvest more quickly than Jones and his men could do.”

But at this moment the three cows, who had seemed uneasy for some time past, set up a loud lowing. They had not been milked for twenty-four hours, and their udders were almost bursting. After a little thought, the pigs sent for buckets and milked the cows fairly successfully, their trotters being well adapted to this task. Soon there were five buckets of frothing creamy milk at which many of the animals looked with considerable interest.

“What is going to happen to all that milk?” said someone.

“Jones used sometimes to mix some of it in our mash,” said one of the hens.

“Never mind the milk, comrades!” cried Napoleon, placing himself in front of the buckets. “That will be attended to. The harvest is more important. Comrade Snowball will lead the way. I shall follow in a few minutes. Forward, comrades! The hay is waiting.”

So the animals trooped down to the hayfield to begin the harvest, and when they came back in the evening it was noticed that the milk had disappeared.

UberTag

He should have just called it Trump Day.

We know he wanted to.
Bannon threw that one out. He didn't want to come out of the gates looking TOO obvious.
He appeased Donny by saying it would be renamed to Trump Day to kick off his second term.

Also, it will supercede MLK Day on years where they would conflict. MLK Day in 2020 is being moved to the week prior.

This reads like something out of some brutal dictatorship. Is he fucking for real? How fucking full of himself can he honestly be? This man really does believe he wields ultimate power. I'm actually now starting to think he just might be crazy enough to use a nuke.

Blizzard

Banned
Of all the names they literally picked Patriotic DEVOTION? Like, you couldn't just say "National Day of Patriotism" and be slightly less North Korea?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
So when will be Washington DC renamed to Colonia Trumpiana?

Will he get in the Colosseum ring and fight against gladiators in WWE? Oh, wait.

Adcon

Neo Member
He's just digging the grave of his political career the more he does. We'll keep fighting and he'll get buried soon.

Should I start writing a patriotic song for Dear Leader now?

I'll get us started:

Hey how you doin lil Donnie?
Lemme whisper in your ear
Tell you sumthing that you might like to hear
You got tiny ass hands and your hair looks soft
Mind if I touch it and see if its soft
Y'know I'm just playing unless you say I can
Putin said that you're a real nasty man...

Gutek

No, let it fucking happen.

We will protest loud and in his face each and every year on this day. Fuck him.

It's too late in a year. We need him out of office NOW.

Climate change doesn't wait.
DREAMERS and Muslims cannot live in fear.
NATO allies shouldn't be questioning US backing.
Women cannot lose their rights.

Hell, for all we know, we might be in a war with Iraq to "take their oil" in a year.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
The Trump supporters I just asked about this don't care. They buy into the press demonization and think Obama is just as bad because "he awarded himself a medal." No matter what horrible, unprecedented thing I ask them about, they always have a lie ready to go arguing that Obama did the same thing.

Stop speaking to them. They're brainwashed assholes devoid of rationality.

UberTag

when are we gonna have to say the pledge of allegiance at gunpoint
The pledge of allegiance is getting rewritten to include a loyalty pledge to be nice to Donny... because he can't stand it when you're mean to him. It's demoralizing!
KuGsj.gif

zethren

Banned
So if he works to have this re-registered every year, making 1/20 always "National Day of Patriotic Devotion", what does that do to "Inauguration Day" every 4 years?

One step in a long line of steps to eliminate inaugurations? To eliminate elections?

"Why are we having another election? The people already spoke, right?"

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Trump is basically the Caligula of the American republic. History will remember him as "tiny hands" like Caligula actually means "little boots." Scarily similar.

Caligula became paranoid after he thought to be poisoned, the beginning of his reign was actually pretty decent. Trump is rather Commodus.

So if he works to have this re-registered every year, making 1/20 always "National Day of Patriotic Devotion", what does that do to "Inauguration Day" every 4 years?

One step in a long line of steps to eliminate inaugurations? To eliminate elections?

"Why are we having another election? The people already spoke, right?"

"We can't interrupt people's patriotic devotion with things like inaugurations! For the good of the public, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, am formally halting all future presidential elections."

iammeiam

I originally saw this mentioned

went to the .gov site

read the PDF

and was like "Wow somebody doing some high-tier trolling here."

and now you're telling me this shit is real?

This is gross. You don't get to paste over the division in the country by creating unity day and pretending everyone backs you.

So every Inauguration Day henceforth will be this bullshit patriotic day? Don't we already have the 4th and Presidents' Day and Veterans Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom