• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM 3 BFG Edition - Remastered, Armour-mounted flashlights + DOOM 1 & 2 [360/PS3/PC]

GreekWolf

Yikes, this thread makes me feel old. Never thought I'd see the day when an impending DOOM release (even a remastered title) garnered such a dubious response. Makes me a bit sad that Carmack and id are completely irrelevant to anyone under 25. Oh well, time marches on. Square seems to be headed down the same precipice.

I thought we did this already.

Well as long as we get Ultimate and Final Doom then who fucking cares. And Doom 64 is down for a little update as well. THE FUCKING UNMAKER!!!

But I'll buy it anyway.

LQX

Awesome. And underrated classic, that is now undeniable considering how the quality of many FPS have fallen off.

Also the only FPS that has ever put actual fear into me. There were parts of this game that terrified me.

androvsky

WAIT, WHAT? The prequels are on PSN? I thought all 3 were on the same disc???!?!?!??

They're not on PSN, I think he's assuming that Doom 1 & 2 will be download codes.

I kinda hope they are available separately. Not that I don't want Doom 3 (okay, I don't), but I'd like to have Doom 1 & 2 on my hard drive so I can play them whenever. Especially if they support multiplayer.

I could never get sikk mod to work on my PC or the game to play at my monitors native resolution so i will double dip when its on sale on steam

I'm definitely just assuming, apologies for that. However, it seems like there is a pretty good chance that those games will end up as psn downloads.

.la1n

Doom 3 came out against some stiff competition, I still remember looking at the figurine included with my pre order and laughing at how small it was. It wasn't everything I had hoped but I enjoyed it, will dip again especially for the extras.

JOHN - DOOM 4 NOW.

I could never get sikk mod to work on my PC or the game to play at my monitors native resolution so i will double dip when its on sale on steam

I wonder how easy it would be to apply current DOOM 3 mods to the BFG edition, if at all possible. I'd hate to miss out on the new content just to play with sikkmod

T.O.P

Banned
Had a blast with Doom 3, got a new gaming pc at the time just to play it...

Still, without the "look at the graphix1!!!!1!1!" factor, i don't think it would work as it did in the past

SparkTR

I wonder how easy it would be to apply current DOOM 3 mods to the BFG edition, if at all possible. I'd hate to miss out on the new content just to play with sikkmod

That's what I want to know. Honestly the best thing about Doom 3 is the Dark Mod, having that compatible would make it so much more desirable.

Izick

"Aw yeah, this looks awesome! A nice re-touched doom for the consoles, so we can see how it supposed to look! This sounds great, put it on XBLA and PSN for like 15$ and you...wait....retail boxes....oh.....oh...."

AutumnAve

Just skimmed the thread, but armor mounted flashlight, really? I really loved the flashlight OR gun mechanic. A give and take, risk vs. reward, see or shoot. The tension that it created was delicious. I won't have it any other way.

ElRenoRaven

Oh hell yea. This will be mine without a doubt. I played the hell out of the Xbox version back when they came out because back then my PC sucked. Then would have bought PC version but lack of real controller support kind of ruined it for me.

Izick

It'll be 15 by Christmas.

ibmhfihfa6y4BF.gif

Good point.

pmj

I like Doom 3, and Doom 1 + 2 + 3 + expansion + extra content sounds like a good deal, but I'm not sure I could play this game without regenerating health anymore. It takes away a lot of the annoyance of the Doom 3 combat, where weapons deal inconsistent damage and enemies jump out of nowhere to cheat you of a bit of your health.

I suppose if they had rebalanced the weapons and tweaked combat in general they would have mentioned it.

MrWhitefolks

Neo Member
Man, I hope this has co-op. Even if it is the bunk regular XBOX style (but I'm dreaming for some 8player Nightmare mode LMS mod style co-op) I'd be all over it. Loves me some Doom3.

Woulda been sweet if they bought out the Classic DOOM3 mod and tossed it in here as an extra, too - but that's not even remotely realistic in expectation. :p

1-D_FTW

Is there some indication that it'll be 60fps?

The fact that Rage was + the fact the Carmack believes 60fps is a holy grail that has a profound impact on a game's control and gameplay. An engine that old is absolutely guaranteed to be running at 60fps on consoles given what we know about Carmack's core beliefs.

Demigod Mac

Use the Trent Reznor sound mod. Much better.

I wonder if this (PC) edition will be compatible with mods? If not, hopefully it will be easy to port them over.

Top Bottom