• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM (Holiday 2017) and Wolfenstein II (2018) Announced for Nintendo Switch

Can we finally agree that Nintendo is Doomed?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Someone a couple pages back said it was supposed to be the 21st in Italy, but didn't specify a time. If it's just a general date embargo and not time related then that would be 6pm EDT today.

But now I don't know what to believe.

rudger

I imagine the news will warrant a new thread. This is the announcement thread. Not sure where better to speculate and pass time before the embargoes end. I can't imagine we won't all move to a new thread to talk about any new information we get today (if we do indeed get some!)

You're right...I'm just anxious about it for some reason. Didn't play this last gen, so hoping this'll be a good version.

OCD Guy

Well it turns out the embargo actually finishes on the 20th of October NOT September!

How do I know? I just pulled it out of my ass the way 12pm Pacific time today appears to have been lol.

Seriously though, where did 12pm today come from? It was never official was it? Just someone on the internet I assume...

Well it turns out the embargo actually finishes on the 20th of October NOT September!

How do I know? I just pulled it out of my ass the way 12pm Pacific time today appears to have been lol.

Seriously though, where did 12pm today come from? It was never official was it? Just someone on the internet I assume...

you are not helping, the time pass by didn't someone say 6PM now?

you are not helping, the time pass by didn't someone say 6PM now?

I said 6 pm EDT because that is midnight on the 21st in Italy, I have no idea if the embargo specifies a time for Italy since I'm not the person who said it was the 21st in Italy to begin with.

Frankly I doubt it would be 6pm EDT, seems like a weird time to put up a preview for a Western game.

PantsuJo

Someone a couple pages back said it was supposed to be the 21st in Italy, but didn't specify a time. If it's just a general date embargo and not time related then that would be 6pm EDT today.

But now I don't know what to believe.
I'm Italian and I don't heard/read nothing about this...? Link?

Our only hope at this stage for more info, is for someone to get intouch with THIS PERSON.

I wish she had filmed more of the game, rather than her face while playing...

I don't have twitter but if any gaf members do then https://twitter.com/REDinFamy?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Waiting for replies

I said 6 pm EDT because that is midnight on the 21st in Italy, I have no idea if the embargo specifies a time for Italy since I'm not the person who said it was the 21st in Italy to begin with.

Frankly I doubt it would be 6pm EDT, seems like a weird time to put up a preview for a Western game.

fair enough not going to blame you if nothing happens
Nothing is worse than Japan Time. That shit didn't make any sense. Must be what it's like trying to tell time as you're sucked into a black hole. The black hole of Sakurai.

yeah maybe saying Japan Time is a bit much, since those really did suck for my insomnia

Neiteio

What if the embargo already happened but we don't know because the framerate reveal killed us and we're all dead but we think we're alive but soon we'll run into that boy from Sixth Sense and he'll be like "I SEE DEAD PEOPLE" and we'll be like holy shit why does he sees me but nobody else sees me and then we'll look in the mirror and find we were Bruce Willis all along

What if the embargo already happened but we don't know because the framerate reveal killed us and we're all dead but we think we're alive but soon we'll run into that boy from Sixth Sense and he'll be like "I SEE DEAD PEOPLE" and we'll be like holy shit why does he sees me but nobody else sees me and then we'll look in the mirror and find we were Bruce Willis all along

go hoem, ur drunk

OCD Guy

Did we even have any solid source that said the embargo lifted today?

I don't think so. I'm sure this all started from some random dude online.

Could be wrong, but I've not found anything official from google searches, like at all.

If it was official I'm sure I'd have come across some sort of announcements somewhere...

I think the only thing that was official was that there was an embargo (obviously) and that the media and select people in the industry got a hands on recently.

Even elsewhere e.g Reddit people are saying the embargo lifts today but when asked none of them know where the fuck they heard it lol.

Top Bottom