• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

54-46!

L863x.jpg

aaand the bottom avatar is licking it.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I have a friend who swears on Shadow Blade with heroes like Viiper and Drow. I personally feel like SB is pretty subpar. I often here mention about a tanky build Viper.

What sort of items would be preferred for that on him?

Guesong

I have a friend who swears on Shadow Blade with heroes like Viiper and Drow. I personally feel like SB is pretty subpar. I often here mention about a tanky build Viper.

What sort of items would be preferred for that on him?

....tank items.

Vanguard, Hood, Butterfly, Manta Style, Assault Cuirass, Shiva's Guard, Heart of Torrasque, BKB are all items that work well on Viper. He naturally deals his damage the longer the fight extends with his 2 passives, so the longer he can stick around with his annoying as fuck ultimate and Orb, the better.

Lirlond

....tank items.

Vanguard, Hood, Butterfly, Manta Style, Assault Cuirass, Shiva's Guard, Heart of Torrasque, BKB are all items that work well on Viper. He naturally deals his damage the longer the fight extends with his 2 passives, so the longer he can stick around with his annoying as fuck ultimate and Orb, the better.

Maybe throw in an aghs if you're roaming around a lot.

Holden

Shadow Blade on Viper? I'm no expert, but I'd say no on that.

shadow blade is a terrible item in general

Any heroes that requires them (sniper, drow) are terrible heroes.

and people who get it on viper and nevermore are just doing it wrong. ( Blink >>> Shadowblade, not for viper ofc just get tanky items)

(it could work nice in rare cases)

abunai

Has anyone else started getting irregular performance since the last patch? I used to run the game smoothly but now every second/one and a half seconds the game stutters and drops to around 10-15 fps, before bouncing back up. FPS is less consistent in general. Drivers/temps/etc fine. Verified, defragged and re-installed too.. rather annoying.

Swag

10 wongs to whoever can guess which GAFfer this is, I'll give you a hint, he has the most wins of anyone on GAF.

Irish

What in the hell... sniper... what have you done to my poor baby?

Shadow Blade is worthless. Proper positioning and map awareness make it obsolete.

Artanisix

shadow blade is a terrible item in general

SNIPER DOES NOT NEED A GODDAMN SHADOW BLADE IN FACT I WOULDNT EVEN LIST IT AS A LUXURY ITEM FOR HIM, IF YOU PROPERLY POSITION YOURSELF AND HAVE ENOUGH MAP AWARENESS (AND HAVE A TEAM THAT ACTUALLY WARDS FOR YOU) YOU DO NOT NEED THIS CRUTCH TO SAVE YOURSELF AND I AM GOING TO KILL EVERYONE WHO SAYS SHADOWBLADE IS CORE ON SNIPER

Swag when he asks me to play and I say no

So, it's good in 90% of pub matches, where people don't even want to spend money on oberver wards, let alone smoke, dust, sentry wards or gems?

99% of my pub games have observer wards, smokes, dusts, gems, and sentry wards

KScorp

So, it's good in 90% of pub matches, where people don't even want to spend money on oberver wards, let alone smoke, dust, sentry wards or gems?

Right.
That isn't the point I was making, since in my experience most games will have dust/sentries if someone buys a shadow blade.

Sanjay

Hm..think we will be seeing more Tinker bans, best anti pusher in the game, fuck his role as pusher. Pick late game carry + Tinker. Would work wonders with a ES instead of this Tide that EG are using.

Hm..

ES, Tinker + 3 carry's win game. New pub meta-game in the workings?

dorkimoe

Hm..think we will be seeing more Tinker bans, best anti pusher in the game, fuck his role as pusher. Pick late game carry + Tinker. Would work wonders with a ES instead of this Tide that EG are using.

Hm..

ES, Tinker + 3 carry's win game. New pub meta-game in the workings?

No. The game is and always will be, pick AM win game

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
....tank items.

Well, I know what items are tanky, haha. I just meant what do people usually prefer on him when they stick to that role.

But thanks for the reply

n0b

and people who get it on viper and nevermore are just doing it wrong. ( Blink >>> Shadowblade, not for viper ofc just get tanky items)

Shadow Blade isn't required on ANY hero. Its absolute garbage on drow and hurts her game severely, and only viable on a mana sniper that doesn't actually attack people and just ults and q's all day (and in that case it doesn't matter if he is invis because he will never be within 2000 range of an enemy). There are only three characters that it is viable on.

1.Shadow Fiend, because channeling his ult doesn't break the invis. Until the enemy team has a gem, its far more likely for you to hit them all with his ult like this than it is for them to all sit still and not move for a second after he blinks in with a shiny bkb on. If you already have a primary initiator though, blink is better on SF.

2.Kunkka, because it the bonus damage stacks on tidebringer cleaves, and because maybe if they don't see which side you are starting on you might hit a boat. (LOL YEAH RIGHT)

3.Earthshaker, for Enchant Totem trolling, to be followed up with crits. Supports go pop.

Risible

I'm hoping someone can answer a question for me.

I've been watching the "Purge Plays...." videos on Youtube. I noticed when he last hits creeps, he draws a bounding box around them rather than right clicking them. What's that about? Am I doing it wrong or not efficiently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom