• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Can someone recommend a few good games between high level teams with good commentary?
I don't need it to be very recent, I just want to watch some in anticipation of release and/or new beta invites.

I really enjoyed the DOTA2 Invitational stuff, but I heard the team dynamics have shifted a lot because of the new heroes.

gCjak.png

Typical day in the life of Pillowknight getting carried by his team.
Most assists? Solo bot? Team support to keep nubs from raging? I fucking carried that shit.

Auto off, left click + A.

Maybe it was Quantic's Link? He's posted a video about his last-hitting method

I believe so....mashing s repeatedly....I remember he said that leaving autoattack on also allowed you to quickly check the rest of the map while farming jungle....honestly since switching to autoattack off I haven't noticed any significant change for the better.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
1.Shadow Fiend, because channeling his ult doesn't break the invis. Until the enemy team has a gem, its far more likely for you to hit them all with his ult like this than it is for them to all sit still and not move for a second after he blinks in with a shiny bkb on. If you already have a primary initiator though, blink is better on SF.

SF might work once, most likely a support sees the Shadow Blade and has dust/sentries waiting for it.

It's a trash item that is only really viable at the lowest levels of play.

I am so bad at this game that it kind of puts me off from playing it more. I just die too much. I noticed a lot of people seem to use range or mage heroes, should I try doing that instead of a melee hero? I have been practicing as Axe but I don't think he is the correct hero for me. Any recommendations for a hero for a noob player? Thanks guys.

Irish

I am so bad at this game that it kind of puts me off from playing it more. I just die too much. I noticed a lot of people seem to use range or mage heroes, should I try doing that instead of a melee hero? I have been practicing as Axe but I don't think he is the correct hero for me. Any recommendations for a hero for a noob player? Thanks guys.

Lion, Vengeful Spirit, or Crystal Maiden... those are some good ones.

(I can't use melee characters either. :/)

I think strength heroes are the easiest heroes to play by far. A lot of them are not very thought intensive. Try tidehunter out. Level gush first, then anchor, while picking up ravage whenever you can. Can build anything on him, I recommend pipe and blink dagger. If you're doing really well get a refresher orb.

Sven is another good hero that is easy to play (Level his stun to rank 4 asap, one point in shout, then stats/ult whenever you can, after level 11 max cleave then shout), Go with recommended items. If you really want a easy ranged hero to dominate lower tiers with I recommend viper, (One point in w to start with, 3 in q, max w, max q, put a point in ult whenever you can), get a vanguard and then build a manta or aghanims.

I think strength heroes are the easiest heroes to play by far. A lot of them are not very thought intensive. Try tidehunter out. Level gush first, then anchor, while picking up ravage whenever you can. Can build anything on him, I recommend pipe and blink dagger. If you're doing really well get a refresher orb.

Sven is another good hero that is easy to play (Level his stun to rank 4 asap, one point in shout, then stats/ult whenever you can, after level 11 max cleave then shout), Go with recommended items. If you really want a easy ranged hero to dominate lower tiers with I recommend viper, (One point in w to start with, 3 in q, max w, max q, put a point in ult whenever you can), get a vanguard and then build a manta or aghanims.

Thank you. I'll try what you recommend as well.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
but he was laning against G!

edit: why are you trying to take lycan's woods rofl

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
i had my finger on the print screen key. was hoping he'd right click final's name and hover over Kick from party

Deadly

He seems to match-make against the same people often. Lotsa carrys on the other team this time.
he almost did when final sat at the postgame screen for like 5 minutes while singsing was trying to find match
He said he gave people 2 chances. Furion played in the game before that too and I think did bad as pudge.

Uriah

Winning 4v5 is so satisfying. Tide disconnects and I thought we were screwed. The other team just let me jungle as Lifestealer for some reason. Big mistake.

Guesong

Final, in all respect and by no mean demeaning, you might want to drop Sand King a bit. (Disclaimer : I did not have the opportunity to spectate that game with SingSing, so I don't know what happened in it except for the scoreboard).

I've seen you play it a fair share and while it is by all mean a very good hero, it is also quite difficult to play as as a support. For one, he's melee, so you can't really harass early game with him as well as being more susceptible to being harassed. For two, his presence all revolve around his ult, and landing a good ult requires a fair share of game sense that comes solely by experience.

Try Witch Doctor or Ancient Apparition! Equally as devastating and helpful, but easier to play IMHO.

EDIT 1 : Now I'm spectating this Enchantress game and Radiant still has all their towers.

No go final, no go.

EDIT 2 : By the way, any criticism for us is because we care for you as a member of DotA2-Gaf. It's good-natured!

EDIT 3 : SingSing : "I think I'm never playing with viewers again. That was no go. Just...no go. Not once. Not fucking ever. FINAL LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE NOW! :(

Finalow

lol guys. I really sucked hard. =/ like really.
I was lagging too, not lying but not saying I didn't suck. XD but sand king solo against sniper and sd? :(
Couldn't hear the sing_sing voice from the game somehow, what did he say? XD Now he seems pissed as hell.
In the last game tho lich was feeding, not me. at least.

but well, guess if I want to play with him again I have to change avatar and nick. totally raped in those games, not even close to those levels.

Played against a good team that won going away tonight. had an interesting approach. they went bot lane with Pudge and Tiny against our solo bot...and Tiny would just throw Pudge at the solo bot and he'd put his arms up long enough to kill him because he wasn't fast enough to get away.

I assume this would also be effective with Juggernaut and his spin attack.

Cheap, but was very effective.

Finalow

Final, in all respect and by no mean demeaning, you might want to drop Sand King a bit. (Disclaimer : I did not have the opportunity to spectate that game with SingSing, so I don't know what happened in it except for the scoreboard).

I've seen you play it a fair share and while it is by all mean a very good hero, it is also quite difficult to play as as a support. For one, he's melee, so you can't really harass early game with him as well as being more susceptible to being harassed. For two, his presence all revolve around his ult, and landing a good ult requires a fair share of game sense that comes solely by experience.

Try Witch Doctor or Ancient Apparition! Equally as devastating and helpful, but easier to play IMHO.

EDIT 1 : Now I'm spectating this Enchantress game and Radiant still has all their towers.

No go final, no go.

EDIT 2 : By the way, any criticism for us is because we care for you as a member of DotA2-Gaf. It's good-natured!

EDIT 3 : SingSing : "I think I'm never playing with viewers again. That was no go. Just...no go. Not once. Not fucking ever. FINAL LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE NOW! :(
I couldn't land a fucking ult, didn't get blink in all the game and after stun couldn't ult 'cause they always stopped me. I only did one on sniper but he survived with 100 hp or so.

next time in a game like that I should play support indeed.

with ench brood raped me, should be an easy win ench vs brood or what? I tried to save towers but no go when ursa joined too.

Finalow

2GD? That razor? Meh.

real problem is: he invited me when he played with tiny and won with like 22 - 3, I was afk so couldn't go in. I played in the wrong games. =(

Guesong

Enchantress should not lane ever, so there's no possible argument for Broodmother vs Enchantress.

Lycan could have taken the lane instead, and he should have. Saw him talking you off in SingSing stream after, but the man was sad.

Finalow

Enchantress should not lane ever, so there's no possible argument for Broodmother vs Enchantress.

Lycan could have taken the lane instead, and he should have. Saw him talking you off in SingSing stream after, but the man was sad.
I asked to him "can I jungle, you're good in lane too" and he said "I prefer to jungle" so I just took the lane.

he calls WR LighTofHeaveN every time she can land a good shackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom