• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick poll..auto attack on or off?

Purge plays with it off but I remember there being a link to a video of a pro player that has it on.

Tried off for a little bit but went back to on. Works much better for me. Its a safe bet to say that most of the pros have it on because they come from dota 1 and that game is auto attack so they go with what they know.

Finalow

pq9On.png
I was like crying there. XD
like I already said I sucked hard in that game but sand king solo against sniper and sd sounds bullshit to me. no go at all.

Risible

I have played a bunch as Sand King now and I'm thinking his ult really needs work. Everybody and their mother has something that interrupts the channeling of his ult. Without a Blink forget about it, you're never going to land it. :(

Or at least I'm too shitty to land it....

Finalow

I have played a bunch as Sand King now and I'm thinking his ult really needs work. Everybody and their mother has something that interrupts the channeling of his ult. Without a Blink forget about it, you're never going to land it. :(

I usually manage to land some ults without blink (like if I go against two and I stun them first), not in that game tho.

calder

Oh god I suck at this game. Still kinda like it, but damn even the bots are still tooling me. I guess I'm learning but I keep hoping around trying different heroes. I did better in most regards this last game, trying to play a support role, getting some denials etc but once the bots start initiating I die EVERY time. I was playing SS and when I saw there was an extra enemy I'd look to flee but most of the time it was already too late. Not sure if that's just because i'm still not solid on the basic mechanics (only a few times did I hit my phase boots before trying to book it, and if I remembered my magic stick more than twice I'd be shocked) or what but it's pretty frustrating to be a guaranteed gank for the bots once they get their ultimates.

Ah well, back to watching pros! ;) Going to watch some of the joinDOTA masters stuff, getting an Apple TV a few weeks back was worth every penny just for watching youtube VODs for Dota2 and SC2 on my TV alone.

Guesong

Oh god I suck at this game. Still kinda like it, but damn even the bots are still tooling me. I guess I'm learning but I keep hoping around trying different heroes. I did better in most regards this last game, trying to play a support role, getting some denials etc but once the bots start initiating I die EVERY time. I was playing SS and when I saw there was an extra enemy I'd look to flee but most of the time it was already too late. Not sure if that's just because i'm still not solid on the basic mechanics (only a few times did I hit my phase boots before trying to book it, and if I remembered my magic stick more than twice I'd be shocked) or what but it's pretty frustrating to be a guaranteed gank for the bots once they get their ultimates.

Don't play support heroes if you play with bots. Play hard carry or bust.

Irish

Don't play support heroes if you play with bots. Play hard carry or bust.

doing Roshan
pushing mid
ganking bot
I'm out
pushing top
ganking bot
doing Roshan
doing Roshan
pushing top
pushing mid
pushing top
pushing mid
pushing mid
pushing mid
I'm out

x3r0123

you need to positioning him at the right place if you dont have blink

Forkball

I saw an Omniknight on the other team with two armlets tonight. Also I went 6/0/12 with Necro in a different game. I didn't like him at first, but now I can see how he can be really useful.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
SK's ult wins games, that's why it need to be hard to land.

And ulting without a blink is possible, you just need to be aware of which stuns are up and which are down.

Level 4 stun -> ult combo usually works unless they have a really fast stun/silence.

Neki

sand king is all about exploiting vision to get his ultimate off. use high ground during the night and the tree line to get your ultimate -> stun combo off when you don't have your blink dagger, or, get a follow up stun to make sure it gets off. Sand King can also solo a great deal of heroes early game with stun -> ultimate if they don't have a silence/stun to stop you.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
putting together my dota team, tell me what u guys think.

BZM starring as EG.D3STR0YER
SwagSurfin as EG.DrAg0n
Freakinchair as EG.archEN3MY
Haly as EG.NiNjA~kAwAii
and the one and only Anbokr as EG.eNeMy because i want you to know that i'm your enemy and i just destroy you.

team EG anbokr is now accepting bench players (free tip to my little sons: dota is 50% name/50% skill; the intimidation factor is key u feel me?). i am also shooting for gunnars sponsorship so all my players will be c00l while we destroy people in dota 2 (all screenpics from team eg anbokr need to have gunnars logo in corner ok guys)

p.s. i defeated nilay mid screenpics coming soon

edit: trasher is my first reserve player, henceforth he shall be known as EG.bAttLeSh1P
edit 2: kapura now waterboy, aka EG.4554551N and pro added as EG.xXFr0sTy_T1pZXx, support bitch EG.TITAN (insured) added
edit 3: 3rd generation added: EG.~xXx©0LDK1LL4xXx~-PRO- (alumnus),

bzm

putting together my dota team, tell me what u guys think.

BZM starring as EG.D3STR0YER
SwagSurfin as EG.DrAg0n
Freakinchair as EG.archEN3MY
Haly as EG.NiNjA~kAwAii
and the one and only Anbokr as EG.eNeMy because i want you to know that i'm your enemy and i just destroy you.

team EG anbokr is now accepting bench players (free tip to my little sons: dota is 50% name/50% skill; the intimidation factor is key u feel me?). i am also shooting for gunnars sponsorship so all my players will be c00l while we destroy people in dota 2 (all screenpics from team eg anbokr need to have gunnars logo in corner ok guys)

p.s. i defeated nilay mid screenpics coming soon

moody pls change our names to our new team EG names so everyone knows who we are when we win the million and bathe in gunnars

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
gj team eg gunnarbokrs buildin that chemistry guys

For our first fundraiser event the gunnarbokrs present: Yuber vs 1.09--HONGAF salt fest, O' the nostalgia... Please donate.

Part 1
Part 2

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Looks like the other team was struggling to keep up with your CM in farm

Sanjay

I was like crying there. XD
like I already said I sucked hard in that game but sand king solo against sniper and sd sounds bullshit to me. no go at all.

Final go with, that Sniper is a competitive player for Darer and that SD was totally nerding it up with his support play and being in a 2v1 in the long/suicide lane. Game two you were forced to lane against a Broodmother against your will because Lycan wanted jungle.

gj team eg gunnarbokrs buildin that chemistry guys

For our first fundraiser event the gunnarbokrs present: Yuber vs 1.09--HONGAF salt fest, O' the nostalgia... Please donate.

Part 1
Part 2

"It was like playing with an African kid" Trasher, gold. Trasher killing it in part two too.

learn to queue your ult after blink using shift. will make SK's ult a lot more landable for you.

JustinBB7

Sayuri is co-casting with tobi right now, and tobi confirmed she's the new captain of SK.

He's already being awkwardly sexist/racist lmao.

Also confirmed new JoinDota Masters, something else Joindota and The Defense 2.

And a new video like life is a box of Dota, only with nudity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom