• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renoir

tbFRD.jpg

Remnants of the sheet..

btw im at work, so i was unable to be quick enough to take a screen of the reall funny stuff.
When i opened the sheet people were edidting it as i was looking at it. It was nuts.

Risible

GAF is great.

This thread, however, has been filled with some real childish bullshit. I suspect many mods haven't wandered in here otherwise it would be a real ban-fest.

Someone tries to do something nice and children pull that lemon party horseshit. Y'all should be ashamed. What are you, 12? If you're older than that you should take a long, hard look at your life.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
GAF is great.

This thread, however, has been filled with some real childish bullshit. I suspect many mods haven't wandered in here otherwise it would be a real ban-fest.

Someone tries to do something nice and children pull that lemon party horseshit. Y'all should be ashamed. What are you, 12? If you're older than that you should take a long, hard look at your life.

MOBA genre brings out the worst in people!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Someone still mad about you crunching them probably.

BeesEight

I want to join the keybinds party.

F1 - Hero
F2 - Courier
1-6 - Control Groups (not used because I suck but one day...)
QWER/DF - Skillz
T - Level Up
G - Level Up Stats
A/S/H - Standard
Mouse 1/2/Space/Z/X/C - Items

I am using: QWER for skills
DFG CVB for items

1 for the hero, 4 for the courier, 5 to give me the items.

I don't change the camera with keys, and acn't even understand why/how you do it with wasd o_O

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hey hey, it Force Staff + Yasha on Viper, I haven't tried the Eul's yet!

Also, its Drkirby, I didn't spend 8 years at Kirby school to be called Mister!

Ridli

Not using control group key binds makes Chen cry. 2 is always centaur buddy and 3 is always the wildkin's tornado.

Hell I wish there was a UI where I could pre-emptively assign certain units to control groups. There's always an awkward moment at the start of brood where the game doesn't realize that I want both lings and spiderites in the same group (but not with mama) that I'd like to eliminate.

Renoir

Is it because I'm a junior member I don't understand the list? Or this is another joke list...
Where is the list to rule them all?

So I am liking Lycanthrope but it seems really easy for people to get away. I am considering getting the basher sooner than as my last item since I need something to hold people in place while I kill them.

Anyone have some suggestions?

So I am liking Lycanthrope but it seems really easy for people to get away. I am considering getting the basher sooner than as my last item since I need something to hold people in place while I kill them.

Anyone have some suggestions?

I dont like the idea of chasing people w Lycan. He's the supreme pusher, demolishing the whole line in a seconds. Go push while others are busy teamfighting with the rest of your team, and they'll suffer big losses. On the other hand, you could just buy Orb of Venom. It's cheap and it slows.

Fou-Lu

Well, I'm loving playing Zeus, but I really feel like an ass sometimes when I double ultimate and kill 2-4 players on the enemy team. On the other hand a lot of the time it's all that standing between us winning or losing a team fight. Still other players do not like it, at all.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Usually when you use a skill on them. Like Omniknight will say one of his if you use Repel on Dragon Knight. I think each hero that has a set has his own conditions though.

Usually when you use a skill on them. Like Omniknight will say one of his if you use Repel on Dragon Knight. I think each hero that has a set has his own conditions though.

I thought the same way but they are 'Casting a spell to an Ally' actually.

Playing Brewmaster I constantly feel that I need to summon some wolves.

Just stick with it. It's a fun game and you'll definitely improve if you keep at it.

Those words would be comforting but I'm 140 games in...I mean I'm having fun still but damn it sucks being rolled for 2-3 games or more on average before actually winning one....can't use the solo queue in mm excuse either since I'm playing RL friends...tempted to get some actual coaching.

Those words would be comforting but I'm 140 games in...I mean I'm having fun still but damn it sucks being rolled for 2-3 games or more on average before actually winning one....can't use the solo queue in mm excuse either since I'm playing RL friends...tempted to get some actual coaching.
Against friends or with? Btw solo matchmaking isn't a legit excuse!

You will eventually win about as many games as you lose
but it isn't possible to become good enough to completely avoid crushing defeats.

Things we have learned in CM lately:

If you want to win, pick Omniknight and especially give him a solo mid if you're facing an Invoker. Proceed to stomp the other team.

If the enemy team picks Omniknight, pick Silencer and buy a Diffusal on someone. Proceed to laugh.

I have no idea why Omni isn't first ban in every game. So stronk.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Seems that Pudge Ult with Scepter is a bit buggy right now. It will randomly ether bring him down to 1HP, or do a shit ton of damage to the enemy (The first happens most of the time, but the later has been shown to happen)

In fact, here is a video I made of a replay where this bug combined with Spectre wipes out half the team:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_LiC1-Q28I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom