• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceMarker

Can whoever manages or edits the spreadsheet please take me off. Sorry but I don't feel like being made fun of for things I did months and months ago, I've played with DotA-GAF/HoN-GAF very little (if not at all) in that time, I "quit" at the end of last year.

EDIT: Thank you.
EDIT2: And I re-ask that you keep me off the list. (I wish Doombringer was the most OP hero.)

Dina

Seems that Pudge Ult with Scepter is a bit buggy right now. It will randomly ether bring him down to 1HP, or do a shit ton of damage to the enemy (The first happens most of the time, but the later has been shown to happen)

In fact, here is a video I made of a replay where this bug combined with Spectre wipes out half the team:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_LiC1-Q28I

What killed Pudge and his entire team was all the damage from Pudge on Spectre being reflected around to them?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yes. Pudge did something like 40k Damage to Spectre due to some variable screwing up, which then got reflected at the team, doing about 8k damage to each.

Meteorain

Can whoever manages or edits the spreadsheet please take me off. Sorry but I don't feel like being made fun of for things I did months and months ago, I've played with DotA-GAF/HoN-GAF very little (if not at all) in that time, I "quit" at the end of last year.

Look, nothing that goes on there, will ever be taken off. There's a whole bunch of people on there who don't even post all that much.

Stop posting if you don't want to be part of the community. Nothing on there there is a serious attack on someone's person so nobody is going to feel the need to remove anything. Most of all, nobody on there got to have a say in their own profile; and those with power gracefully don't edit their own.

Tenck

Those words would be comforting but I'm 140 games in...I mean I'm having fun still but damn it sucks being rolled for 2-3 games or more on average before actually winning one....can't use the solo queue in mm excuse either since I'm playing RL friends...tempted to get some actual coaching.

I have 415 games and I still get steam rolled. Takes time and patience to hit your winning streak and that'll make you come back for more.

Insured

Look, nothing that goes on there, will ever be taken off. There's a whole bunch of people on there who don't even post all that much.

Stop posting if you don't want to be part of the community. Nothing on there there is a serious attack on someone's person so nobody is going to feel the need to remove anything. Most of all, nobody on there got to have a say in their own profile; and those with power gracefully don't edit their own.
I'd still show some manners and edit his profile when he clearly states it's bothering him. Not that I can edit the sheet.

Tenck

It's not something to be taken seriously. If you're that self conscience of what people write about you, then the internet my not be the best place for you.

Risible

You're kidding me, right? What is your problem?

If the man wants off, take him off. Simple. Why be a douche about it?

What is it about this game that draws out the ridiculousness in people? I don't get it.

Meteorain

Whoever thought I live in Birmingham, screw you.

Rofl. It was probably Sanjay. You remember how bad his geography was right?

What is it about this game that draws out the ridiculousness in people? I don't get it.

There is not problem. There is just no obligation to abide by his wishes.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

Not sure why you're getting so mad over a few lists.

Risible

Not sure why you're getting so mad over a few lists.

I'm getting mad because you guys are being childish. If someone politely asks that they be removed from something, you remove them. That's the decent, adult thing to do. The childish thing to do is say "No, because I say so."

Tenck

Honestly don't see why this is bothering anyone. There's plenty of people on there with some hilarious descriptions. Some are somewhat offensive, but I'm going to take a guess that it wont bother people too much because it's all in good spirit.

Meteorain

I'm getting mad because you guys are being childish. If someone politely asks that they be removed from something, you remove them. That's the decent, adult thing to do. The childish thing to do is say "No, because I say so."

No, the problem here is that there is absolutely no obligation for what has been put there to be removed. The list is an independent creation amongst people who play together online and most also happen to have GAF accounts. You don't stop writing something because someone else doesn't like it.

Also there's a matter of acquiring perspective, context and the gravity of the situation. The doc is light-hearted and fun.

The one's that do border offensive are also taken lightly by the subject person because they understand that this is fun. One of the greatest measures of a person is their ability to take self-deprecation for the sake of humour; not our fault that inane stuff is getting brought up.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I just had the weirdest fucking game. A DK who did the "mid or feed" approach to laning. Had a SD mid and he refused to leave it. Didn't even bother to skill his stun 'till around level 9. Then a chen with boots of travel (first item) and one point in holy pers

I have no idea what was going on in that game

76CDD652CACA6387C3D8E3763C353D2578806DF2

Themed teams are the best. (We won)

LowParry

Anyone know a good build for Brewmaster? Dude is pretty fun. I've sort of treated him like Ursa with the slow effect. No, it doesn't work entirely. lol

BeesEight

Anyone know a good build for Brewmaster? Dude is pretty fun. I've sort of treated him like Ursa with the slow effect. No, it doesn't work entirely. lol

I'm not sure yet but Aghanim's scepter sounds like the way to go. Blink dagger appears to be pretty good as well. I haven't played him and probably won't until all the Brewmaster mania dies (so when Phantom Lancer is released) but those two items I've picked up from good DotaGaf.

Edit: Something The_Player reminded me - getting auras on Brewmaster is a pretty good idea because when you use your ultimate, the earth spirit carries the auras (they're the only thing that carries over when you ultimate from my understanding). That's why Cuirass, drums and whatnot are good on him as well.

He's pretty easy to build. Generally, you need only boots (Phases or Power Treads) and a blink dagger. Drums would be nice as well, since they're giving you all around stats early on as well as slight speed boost. After blink you can go whatever you want. Aghs is nice, yet 16 sec duration of your ulti is more than enough for teamfights. You can go Necro3 and Assault Cuirass as well depending on the situation, it's all up to you.

LowParry

Awesome. Thanks for the advice on Brewmaster. I think I'll stick with Riki/Ursa/Windrunner for the time being till the hype dies down before picking up Brew. He's a lot of fun.

Guesong

Crystal Maiden.

It was my first game, so no doubt that had something to do with it. Getting used to the mechanics. I had my spells locked up so couldn't really do anything.

You can get silenced by a number of heroes abilities and items.

Not Lich, though. Lich had nothing to do with it. :)

BeesEight

You can get silenced by a number of heroes abilities and items.

Not Lich, though. Lich had nothing to do with it. :)

Yeah, all things equal, I might even say Crystal Maiden has the upper hand over Lich with her nuke and disable.

But yeah, the gaming has a huge learning curve.

Risible

Not... necessarily. I can't think of anyone that Lich hard counters. Who were you playing?

Be sure to join the NeoGaf Noobs channel.

Yes, please do, hopefully we can get a game tonight.

Sorry Bees, I waited around for 30 minutes and no one was ready for that game, so I played with some friends. Maybe tonight we can get a Noob game going.

BeesEight

Yes, please do, hopefully we can get a game tonight.

Sorry Bees, I waited around for 30 minutes and no one was ready for that game, so I played with some friends. Maybe tonight we can get a Noob game going.

No worries - are you Chimp?

I managed to play with another Gaffer Noob and we had a pretty intense game. Was really touch and go for the first part (because of my and my friend's feeding on bottom lane >.>) but we got an impressive victory by the end.

Guesong

Meeru was the guy that stole the invites right? Has he been trying to worm his way back into dota2-gaf?

Consistantly.

I have no idea how a man can have this many usable e-mail addresses for GAF.

I also have no idea what kind of sick obsession you'd have to have to try and keep worming back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom