• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread V: Real Talk Strikes Back [Tutorials]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calidor

so apparently now if you go to Find Match and you are alone it will automatically redirect to solo queue.

Seems like a good idea, lower queue times I guess?

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
so apparently now if you go to Find Match and you are alone it will automatically redirect to solo queue.

wait but i queue mm so i dont get into solo queue.. sucks to be a stack of 4 then!? I hope that it just sees that you are solo, and queues you for both, and whatever procs first goes?
they should just let you queue for all, bloody compendium mates have unimpaired queue time on aussie servers D:

I did notice I ended up in solo matchmaking matches.... I hope it's still searching both pools though, that's what I've wanted all along.

I never want to wait 20 minutes in queue ever again.

Sibylus

Banned
Looking for Team Liquid faces, the game gave me an extra Fluffnstuff for some reason. Also a Dendi and a Sag (Rattlesnake).

Hylian7

After doing some experimentation with different builds on test dummies, I have concluded the following results:

Scepter as your first big item is garbage and late game is decent.

I set up the following Faceless Voids at first.

Void 1: Scepter, Agility Treads, Mask of Madness
Void 2: Mask of Madness, Battle Fury, Agility Treads
Void 3: Mask of Madness, Hand of Midas, Agility Treads
Void 4: Mask of Madness, Agility Treads, Maelstrom

Void 4 ended up having the highest raw damage output on a bot, with Void 2 not far behind him. Void 1 was in third place, with Void 3 in last.

Then I tried some various experimentation with two 6-slotted voids.

6-slotted Void 1: Scepter, Agility Treads, Mask of Madness, Butterfly, Mjollnir. Daedalus
6-slotted Void 2: Assault Cuirass, Agility Treads, Mask of Madness, Butterfly, Mjollnir, and Daedalus

Void #1 won in damage output in this round, by about 400. That late in the game, it turns out more Chronosphere time is better than having another item (unless it's a Rapier, which I did not try).

Edit: Yes, I am aware the Maelstrom/Mjollnir Chain Lightning procs are magic damage, however, that is something that occurs in game, so it's not really fair to throw it out. Actual results may vary obviously.

Filth

Gg dota thread. Soon it will be moved to gaming community where no one will give two Shits. :(

Metal_Gear_Solid_salute.jpg

Wunder

:( anyone else getting bad lag today? I play USW/E regularly even though I live in SEA and I usually get 300-400 but today it was spiking to 600-800. Got called out for shitty ice paths, feels bad ;;

Acinixys

:( anyone else getting bad lag today? I play USW/E regularly even though I live in SEA and I usually get 300-400 but today it was spiking to 600-800. Got called out for shitty ice paths, feels bad ;;

400 ping?

Youre insane. I cant even play on 200 the lag is so bad

JustinBB7

Just to clear something up, if the game says

"Early Abandonment by X. No stats will be recorded"

You can leave and you won't get a loss right? Even if some kills have been had?

If some kills happened, and a few minutes passed. The game still counts, it's just safe to leave without getting an abandon yourself. So if you are winning, wait till the other team leaves fully first, or just take their ancient. If you are losing and you leave, you still get the loss. Unless the winning team all leaves first.

Basically if somebody leaves on your team, 9 out of 10 times you're fucked and get a default loss.

Hylian7

If some kills happened, and a few minutes passed. The game still counts, it's just safe to leave without getting an abandon yourself. So if you are winning, wait till the other team leaves fully first, or just take their ancient. If you are losing and you leave, you still get the loss. Unless the winning team all leaves first.

Basically if somebody leaves on your team, 9 out of 10 times you're fucked and get a default loss.

I thought EARLY abandonment was always safe to leave and not counted. It does say no stats will be recorded.

It does not say that if it's a regular abandonment though, so stats are recorded in that case. Usually it's before First Blood or 5 minutes where it counts early abandonment.

Acinixys

Hate how the top rated venge build is a carry build.

Carry venge is terrible.

It really depends on the team

If you have Slardar/Titan/Alch/Venge/TA the -amour you get is crazy

But i agree. Unless youre snowballing so hard that you have all their T1 and T2s in the first 15 minutes carry Venge isnt great

Island

Woot 100 wins!
114 losses, 3 abandons

Thought it would be some epic game to get me to 100. Nope. Game was over in 18 mins, after a DC, and a bad laning phase by the opposition. Won by the enemy team all quitting.

My epic game was a NP with the GAF group last night. Missed a few tree stuns but was fun, and had my blood going.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Übermatik;69069516 said:
*Sniff* Thread is almost over... does this mean we're in Community next?

Pretty sure it's a month or so after release that threads get moved, Community forum just doesn't really work all that well, feels like they're hoping it will eventually.

SamVimes

If the community (get it?) is actually active the thread won't suffer much from being moved, the SSF IV one had a lot of posts every day for a long time.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Hey shira next time you get a bright idea, just hit yourself with hammer to get it out. You are upsetting the sensitive members of the community.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Kind of wish Valve had made part of the Commendium like the panini sticker books. Instead of player cards give people packs of stickers, complete pages and get items, rather than just having player cards.
So, will thread 6 be on Gaming or on Communities.

Should be in Gaming still, game isn't out and it won't get moved the second it releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom