• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2: INHOUSE LEAGUE Season 2 |OT|

Sanjay

Good games, we were no where to be seen in the first game but we came out in the 2nd game but we were not good enough. Good luck.

it really is all ogre
tears.gif

Wanted to see you guys in the finals.

TheCrow

Ggs it is all ogre! Left dota getting carried by my team and I came back to more of the same.

Now back to far cry 4. Oh and then there's the witcher. Damn it I can't handle all these games.

JambiBum

Thanks for waiting on eurocleave's 5th player, team eternal elmo's
smile.gif
. Great sportsmanship and that's what the league is ultimately about, just getting games played. I've been extremely flexible with the rules this season precisely for that reason; this ain't a professional league for $1,000,000, it's just about playing games with gaffers
tears.gif

Sorry for anyone who might have had a bad experience this "first" season; I hope most people come out of it with something positive. TUSR and I have already talked about a variety of ways to improve the next season (which won't be until late August or early September at the earliest), and we'll have an exit questionnaire to get a little more feedback on what people liked and what could be better going forward. Hope everyone had fun (and continues to, if you're in the playoffs ;)!

This would have been our third week in a row where we didn't play a single game so by that point we just wanted to play. I don't know what can be done to prevent DQs like that but for next season something needs to be figured out. I like being captain and will probably do it again next season but it gets pretty disappointing when you try to make sure your team will be there on schedule and the other team doesn't show.

This doesn't apply to Chair's team because they got screwed pretty badly with people just ditching them. I was going to pick techies if we played more games :( but GG anyway.

Minosha

Neo Member
gg IHL - I had a lot of playing with and against you all.

Apologies to my teammates, wish I could of fought along side you today, but unfortunately was unable to. (FYI - I am not one of those avoiding playoff matches, my captain knew ahead of time that Sunday was likely not doable for me).

Thanks Chair for being a great captain and the combo of Kard/Sanjay for filling in while he was gone.

I look forward to the next IHL!

shira

Caught the end of game 3. Crazy shit.

Shoutout to ksan and the rest of the team. Even on crazy busy school schedules and Euro timezones and [gasp] 100 ping we got quality games every week.

Getting to play with legit Very High skill players was a total treat. Would highly recommend ksan as a captain for 3k players wanting to see what it's like to play with a 5k hard carry + tries to draft you a comfortable hero every game.

We also had 6-7 people available every week 20 minutes before every game, so unlike most teams we had too many players. Would also recommend everyone on All Ogre for showing up and availability as draftees for would-be captains.

. . .

Oh well back to el trench.

Kard8p3

It was fun playing against you Jambi! Was a shame the series didn't get to go longer though :(, tbh you guys were the team I was most wanting to play against!

GGs Minosha, was hella fun to play with you all season long!

TUSR

Banned
I appreciate all the feedback people have been giving, I don't want to directly address too many of the issues brought up quite yet. But just know, we are looking at everything.

Whether Anbokr and I commit to running the next IHL completely, the ground work is being laid from this test season to make all the future ones better and more enjoyable.

Shoutout to ksan and the rest of the team. Even on crazy busy school schedules and Euro timezones and [gasp] 100 ping we got quality games every week.

Getting to play with legit Very High skill players was a total treat. Would highly recommend ksan as a captain for 3k players wanting to see what it's like to play with a 5k hard carry + tries to draft you a comfortable hero every game.

We also had 6-7 people available every week 20 minutes before every game, so unlike most teams we had too many players. Would also recommend everyone on All Ogre for showing up and availability as draftees for would-be captains.

. . .

Definitely I'd agree. KSan is an excellent captain and is always checking on us and keeping us organized during the match as well.

This was definitely a great learning experience and I enjoyed playing with the entire team. We had a really strong and committed group that ranged across all mmr levels.

Anyone feel free to add me or send me party invites if you see me on late night. Steam ID is cellbomber as well. I don't want to face the trench solo!

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
This would have been our third week in a row where we didn't play a single game so by that point we just wanted to play. I don't know what can be done to prevent DQs like that but for next season something needs to be figured out. I like being captain and will probably do it again next season but it gets pretty disappointing when you try to make sure your team will be there on schedule and the other team doesn't show.

This doesn't apply to Chair's team because they got screwed pretty badly with people just ditching them. I was going to pick techies if we played more games :( but GG anyway.

I think this will be better in the future for 3 general reasons:
-Possibly 9 players per team.
-Shorter seasons so less burnout. This is the big one IMO as scheduling was pretty smooth and consistent for the first 5-6 weeks, only these last couple weeks have been a struggle.
-This IHL had a lot of gaming side signups that signed up, got drafted, and then never showed or flaked. After this first season (provided most of the same people sign up in the future), I think we have a better idea of where people's skill/activity levels are.

But a potential IHL3 is a few months away anyhow and nothing is set in stone. I think everyone (TUSR, me, and all players/captains) learned a lot from this first "experimental" season, hopefully it was mostly a fun experience, and hopefully we can keep doing more and that they keep getting better and better each time as we build a sort of "new" community :).

G-Unit

Team Ginyu Force had a rough ending,but I thank every team member we had minus pupper yubber.

It was fun, hope I get drafted next season

Personally I've had no burnout. Loved every week of it. A few things I couldve done better for the team so I hope I get a chance to captain again next season and do a little bit better job of it.

I've heard of other people having scheduling problems but my team was great about it. Except the early part of the year when things were settling I never had a problem getting a schedule set easily with all the teams I played. Thanks to all the captains for the smooth season.

Personally I've had no burnout. Loved every week of it. A few things I couldve done better for the team so I hope I get a chance to captain again next season and do a little bit better job of it.

I've heard of other people having scheduling problems but my team was great about it. Except the early part of the year when things were settling I never had a problem getting a schedule set easily with all the teams I played. Thanks to all the captains for the smooth season.

I imagine the problem of burn out is worse for teams that 1) haven't been met with a lot of success or 2) don't get along so well. You guys seem to enjoy playing together and you've been wrecking face, so it makes some sense that you wouldn't see burn out in the same way.

docbon

. . .

yeah, ksan is my dood.

can't wait for next season.

Dec

Ya our team basically checked out a month ago but for the good of the tournament kept playing each week. We don't play or even talk outside of Sundays.

I basically took a break from Dota during this but still showed up every week because we would have forfeit had I not. One player left, another was across the world and didn't play a single game. The stand in we got for our highest mmr player that left never played a game.

Overall I wouldn't say it was that fun or even that I learned anything. The only way I'd play another season is as a captain and draft friends I play with a lot.

Quesa

I'm really thankful for the league and hope someone keeps doing it, even if it's not you guys (you two did a lot of work!). I haven't played much regular mm since the league started because I find the league a much better way to play, and I can't get that kind of teamwork anywhere (even when stacking with gaf ppl). (Also the nerves in my hands are kind of fucked up but that's another story). It's the best way to play Dota and I'm glad someone finally put this together!

Madouu

MY FINGERS HURT SO MUCHHHH

ggwp to everyone. Great bo3 series

wp, would you say there were any glaring issues with our drafts in the 3 games we played? I am trying to improve on that but I haven't gotten too much feedback during this ihl so far.

wp, would you say there were any glaring issues with our drafts in the 3 games we played? I am trying to improve on that but I haven't gotten too much feedback during this ihl so far.
AM needs a good early start. Can't really aggro tri him unless you have an overwhelmingly good lane(even then it's still risky.) Your AM had the saddest game ever,all his items came about 6 min too slowly.

Madouu

AM needs a good early start. Can't really aggro tri him unless you have an overwhelmingly good lane(even then it's still risky.) Your AM had the saddest game ever,all his items came about 6 min too slowly.

Yeah I definitely agree, the issue was the tusk undying lane though, I think he would have actually gotten much less down there. What do you suggest? We were looking at PL, Bloodseeker and possibly jugg at that point in time. We could also have gotten some kind of a strong laner like Razor but he doesn't offer the same late game strength and split push power.

Usually I would never let a tusk undying lane through, but we were really worried about a storm pick so it took one of our first ban slots.

Low Tier
Game 3 i banned razor before you had decided on ur core. If you picked it earlier than yes that would've ruined all my intents.

I think the AM panned out ok, the bfury timing wasn't atrocious per say, but there was a gap between when invoker got orchid and rubick got blink where AM was overextending and dropped twice to orchid cold snap emp.

For your g3 draft I don't think rubick was a very strong pick there. SD would've been amazing imo, or getting wd over the wr and sending lina mid. Something i noted was that I was almost always getting my choice of supports in all 3 games, and while i def. got outdrafted in g2, I could still get my hands on whatever supports I wanted. (WK+BB can't rly do much when they're kited all day haha)

Also Disruptor isn't as fantastic vs Storm as it sounds on paper, imo the best ways to deal with storm are to slow down his progression with mid sitting skywrath, smoke rotations, etc. IMO drafting a powerful threat like SF or TA and then having supports that can quickly punish a storm which has to jump on said hero is a better way of dealing with the hero. With your lineup, there was almost no reason for me not to go on disruptor first, or at least wait til disables were used on razor/viper. But Storm's gross atm so whatevs.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I just wanted to say I've really, really enjoyed watching some of these games. Thanks for all the hardwork the admins, casters and captains have put in to make such an enjoyable experience for us outsiders watching. I even had a friend of mine who isn't a GAF regular watch the game in client.

Yeah I definitely agree, the issue was the tusk undying lane though, I think he would have actually gotten much less down there. What do you suggest? We were looking at PL, Bloodseeker and possibly jugg at that point in time. We could also have gotten some kind of a strong laner like Razor but he doesn't offer the same late game strength and split push power.

Usually I would never let a tusk undying lane through, but we were really worried about a storm pick so it took one of our first ban slots.
Yeah PL would have been a better pick in just about every way. Stronger laner, better late game, diffusal to counter orchid ganks. Basically if you're worried about the enemy team having the stronger lanes, AM's not the best choice. You could've also gone for a ranged hero, they were very melee heavy. But you were definitely right to ban storm, should've first phase banned it every game IMO.

Game 3 i banned razor before you had decided on ur core. If you picked it earlier than yes that would've ruined all my intents.

I think the AM panned out ok, the bfury timing wasn't atrocious per say, but there was a gap between when invoker got orchid and rubick got blink where AM was overextending and dropped twice to orchid cold snap emp.

For your g3 draft I don't think rubick was a very strong pick there. SD would've been amazing imo, or getting wd over the wr and sending lina mid. Something i noted was that I was almost always getting my choice of supports in all 3 games, and while i def. got outdrafted in g2, I could still get my hands on whatever supports I wanted. (WK+BB can't rly do much when they're kited all day haha)

Also Disruptor isn't as fantastic vs Storm as it sounds on paper, imo the best ways to deal with storm are to slow down his progression with mid sitting skywrath, smoke rotations, etc. IMO drafting a powerful threat like SF or TA and then having supports that can quickly punish a storm which has to jump on said hero is a better way of dealing with the hero. With your lineup, there was almost no reason for me not to go on disruptor first, or at least wait til disables were used on razor/viper. But Storm's gross atm so whatevs.
Disruptor is just about the hardest storm counter, you can't avoid his glimpse--> ult combo. Their issue game 1 was that disruptor was all they really had. If disruptor failed for whatever reason, storm just got to do whatever he wanted. This was also the case whenever disruptor ult was down, which often left them vulnerable; being only able to fight every 90 seconds(or whatever) really sucks. A skywrath as a back up would've def been good maybe even preferable. SB was meant to fill that role but I think really good storm players can make the SB null as a storm counter.

Madouu

Thanks for the input, I will try to focus a bit more on denying obvious support picks. PL was probably the better pick but I didn't think about the last pick invoker at the time of the draft, which I obviously should have.

We talked about having a backup support (bara was obviously not enough and probably not worth a first phase pick when there is a lion/skywrath still in the pool) to deal with storm in the post game talk, and being better about slowing down his farm. It was also a kind of hard lineup to go into once they got items, so there was that too.

Top Bottom