• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 Kiev Major (April 24-30) April liars bring May pyres

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile.

If SG were good they would have closed. That's all I'm saying. Especially against some washups like EG. I wouldn't be surprised if a payout in the sum of three hundred twenty-two Brazilian reals was headed to a few of those lads. Grouping up as 5 in the pit with all of EG up and not showing on the map was a pretty obvious giveaway.

If SG were good they would have closed. That's all I'm saying. Especially against some washups like EG. I wouldn't be surprised if a payout in the sum of three hundred twenty-two Brazilian reals was headed to a few of those lads. Grouping up as 5 in the pit with all of EG up and not showing on the map was a pretty obvious giveaway.
They were good tho. But yea if E.G. Picks something better than Lycan in game 2 they probably 2-0. Awkward picks made the series harder than it needed to be. That said, SG fought hard and used what they had to almost get the job done. Their coordination made up for lack of individual skill. I appreciate that as it reminds us just how important good teamwork is in our game. That it is even more important than individual skill.

That said, close don't count. Good shit, E.G.

bbd23

Is tomorrow the last day?

yup

and im going to miss the finals
tears.gif

Wallach

I also think VP v EG, though I think that is a hard match to call. VP looks so fuckin' good right now, I have to feel like they have a slight advantage to win this one.

Woo-Fu

Banned
VP beats IG, short of a classic VP throw. OG beats EG unless EG can shut down S4 2 out of 3 games.

VP vs. OG? Coin toss. I do think VP is possibly the best team to beat OG before their typically later game strats hit their power curve, though.

Woo-Fu

Banned
RTZ will fuck up one time too many for EG to win. His play vs. SG was lackluster. Most of his play this tournament has been lackluster. I'd go so far as to call him the most overrated "carry" in Dota today.

Orfeas

RTZ will fuck up one time too many for EG to win. His play vs. SG was lackluster. Most of his play this tournament has been lackluster. I'd go so far as to call him the most overrated "carry" in Dota today.

Most of the bans against EG are designed to take away from RTZ because Sumail and Universe have such big pools to choose from. Hardly fair to call him the most overrated carry when everyone bans strictly to try to limit who you can play.

Demoli

Most of the bans against EG are designed to take away from RTZ because Sumail and Universe have such big pools to choose from. Hardly fair to call him the most overrated carry when everyone bans strictly to try to limit who you can play.

Having a limited hero pool is also a drawback. As you said, both universe and sumail are amazing players with vast hero pools, if you are a good player that is limited to 5 heroes then you're not really tippy top are you? RotK had a similar fate on his game 3 where he was banned all toghether.

RTZ can be great but he's not consistent. This lineup with a solid carry like fear (who also had an insane hero pool) would be much more competitive.

ScribbleD

tumblr_nkepckpeJb1silxrio1_500.gif

Washed up? What's it like to have no credibility.

Woo-Fu

Banned

If he can't play Lycan, Slark or Spectre he needs to retire. He got good heroes every game. EG usually sacks him but that is no excuse for poor play. Two times in a row with Slark he was asleep at the wheel when he could have just ulted, as an example. What's the last series he was MVP?

Game 1 SG banned Spectre. Plenty of other good carries for RTZ, like the Slark he got. Black had an incredible Slark game.
Game 2 SG banned Slark and Naga. Plenty of other good carries for RTZ, he got Lycan. VP, Secret, and I think Liquid all had great Lycan games.
Game 3 SG banned Slark and Terrorblade. Plenty of other good carries for RTZ, he got Spectre. No shortage of teams with great Spectre games at Kiev.

So please don't try to say they're banning all his heroes, in that series they banned 1 or 2 carries per game. Left plenty in the pool for RTZ, plenty that he was lackluster on. If he doesn't step up his game tomorrow EG is going to lose.

I don't think that's fair considering he was given Lycan in the second game and had to a shit lane with Spectre in the 3rd.

If he can't play Lycan, Slark or Spectre he needs to retire.
Alternately, fuck off. Obviously he can play all 3, as he did his job in all 3 matches. Not his fault that the team couldn't push early enough and end early in G2. It's not like Lycan can outcarry TB. Let's be realistic here. He did fine on Slark and recovered extremely well on Spectre with a bad lane vs a heavy initiation gank squad headed by a fucking Clock and Aghs Nightstalker. The fuck did you want him to do?

Qvoth

i think solo omni offlane has been underwhelming this tournament... u gotta pick it late to make it work imo or just skip him
i'd rather have an initiator offlaner

I don't know why it doesn't get banned either
All the matches I saw with her, she doesn't just win the game she crushes the other team.

TA is kinda dependent on being ahead, so when she's doing well she is completely unstoppable. I would say check out Miracle's TA from Game 2 against Newbee. He died twice early but stayed even in farm with their Ember and once he started getting kills he just demolished Newbee's team.

Top Bottom