• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

the trench:

1. isnt real

2. is whatever the person talking about it wants it to be

Low mmr clueless players are real enough
otherwise smurf accounts wouldn't be a thing

My "friend" who bought me TI items threatened to use the codes for all my items if I didn't give him $300 because he unboxed one of the figures and it was gold. :/

I was going to call it off but he changed his mind so he wouldn't get stuck with a bunch of shit but I got really pissed off.

I'd tell him to stick those figurines up his ass

Kalnos

Banned
the trench:

1. isnt real

but muh forced 50%
sad.gif

Razzer

Low mmr clueless players are real enough
otherwise smurf accounts wouldn't be a thing

I'd tell him to stick those figurines up his ass

The point is people usually use trench to describe something inescapable. So saying you are in the trench means you cannot raise your mmr cus of teammates. Obviously the term is used more jokingly here.

FACE

Banned
the trench:

1. isnt real

I use trench to refer to people that are as awful as myself and since I've won a bunch of "very high skill" matches I consider those to be part of the trench.

J/K I use trench to refer to sub 4k for whatever reason.

The point is people usually use trench to describe something inescapable. So saying you are in the trench means you cannot raise your mmr cus of teammates. Obviously the term is used more jokingly here.

ahh, didn't know it meant that
thought it just meant shit new players who have no idea what they are doing

I take the "trench" as a sign from valve and lord gaben that I am exactly where I need to be.

I will be e-Noah and lead my team out of this matchmaking bracket

kvk1

M A C A R E N A B O Y S

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░┌──┐░░░░░░░░░░┌──┐░░
░╔╡▐▐╞╝░░┌──┐░░╔╡▐▐╞╝░
░░└╥╥┘░░╚╡▌▌╞╗░░└╥╥┘░░
░░░╚╚░░░░└╥╥┘░░░░╚╚░░░
░░░░░░░░░░╝╝░░░░░░░░░░

shira

Patch incoming boys!

Code:
Upcoming Tickets
Balkan Challenger
Dota 2 Canada Cup Season 3 includes Bearszky
Dota 2 Latino Cup Season 2
Gamersportperu Season 6
Upcoming Cosmetics
Judge of the Battlefield set for Legion Commander. Most likely packed with one of the tickets above.
The Bearszky courier. Also packed with one of the tickets above.
hats

Ketch

My "friend" who bought me TI items threatened to use the codes for all my items if I didn't give him $300 because he unboxed one of the figures and it was gold. :/

I was going to call it off but he changed his mind so he wouldn't get stuck with a bunch of shit but I got really pissed off.

Seriously? Fuck that loser. I hope he's not a gaffer.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I always understood the trench as players who don't understand the basic concepts of dota

earlier I was in a game where our support AA (after much begging from our carry) bought a sentry to deward the high stone pillar ward spot in the jungle that we pinged out)
he put a sentry up there and walked away...
Not bothering to cast his E on there to get vision to see if there's actually a ward there

so he doesn't understand how sentries work

that is an example of trench
When sentries are placed they do give vision for a few seconds though
REKT

Demoli

Valve is simply removing way too many items from the drop list, which is already pretty small, and this is exagerated by the fact that tehre aren't simply any new sets coming into the drop table.

Atlantis

Valve is simply removing way too many items from the drop list, which is already pretty small, and this is exagerated by the fact that tehre aren't simply any new sets coming into the drop table.

Is there a list of the possible drops anywhere?

I can't imagine it's very large at this point.

Aselith

Shadowblade is gimmicky but fun on Slark.

It's not really gimmicky it makes him an insane ganker if you can get it up fast. He's a fairly slow killer until he gets some items and it really helps with that due to the nice damage bonus on attack from sb and gives your opponent less time to respond to the gank.

Ketch

For the people who know about the drop list stuff: Do you think they're actively removing things? Or is it possible items are only "in" for a limited amount of time and now they're just expiring without replacements?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
For the people who know about the drop list stuff: Do you think they're actively removing things? Or is it possible items are only "in" for a limited amount of time and now they're just expiring without replacements?

Items are only in the drop pool 6 months after release. I'm sure at some point at guy at Valve will go "wait, there is only 5 sets in the drop pool now!"

I don't get why they don't add some of the sets from the chests to the system. Will anyone care if the 50cent sets from the Dire/Radiant crates randomly drop?

Top Bottom