• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
You know how you always hear about those people who are like "Oh man, I'm so glad I quit smoking and picked up meth instead, it's improved my life in a lot of ways"?

Well, a while back I finally quit a couple year long League of Legends addiction. Then about two weeks ago I decided to start playing Dota 2 after giving it a brief try after the first International.

Skab

So I've been looking through old art and character designs tonight, and man, I like this old Razor so much more than the one we got.

429592_517757601600183_1884915392_n.jpg

Vamlock

That character art reminded me. While I was TI, I was looking at the art they had hanging around, and I saw these two that I didn't recognize. Who/what are they?

Dota-Who1.jpg

Dota-Who2.jpg

Edit: My guesses were Arc Warden and Oracle, but I dunno.

Lotto

That character art reminded me. While I was TI, I was looking at the art they had hanging around, and I saw these two that I didn't recognize. Who/what are they?

Dota-Who1.jpg

Dota-Who2.jpg

There was so much concept art posted during TI3, but this is the first time seeing these. They look pretty cool regardless. I'm surprised there wasn't pictures of all the concept art at TI4 posted on reddit or something or maybe there was and I missed it.

Filth

There was so much concept art posted during TI3, but this is the first time seeing these. They look pretty cool regardless. I'm surprised there wasn't pictures of all the concept art at TI4 posted on reddit or something or maybe there was and I missed it.

Those are from ti4....

Chris R

Wish I had better internet when I was in Seattle :(

Won EVERY ONE of my bets that I placed before I left for TI4. Oh well. Time for some (unranked, I've had some beers) games in a bit!

Skab

Dota-Who1.jpg

Dota-Who2.jpg

Yeah that kinda looksl ike those early Oracle textures we saw a while back.

Interesting look theyre going for if they stick with it.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno why but recently in my last few games as invoker people have tried to gank in mid, that almost never happens when i'm mid. One time 3 people rotated just to kill me and it worked but that's not why we lost tough.

Skab

I can't wait for Techies, Oracle, Pit, Zet, and Auroth to all be done so we can go back to getting excited over brand new heroes again.

Vaporak

ahh, didn't know it meant that
thought it just meant shit new players who have no idea what they are doing

Wait, I thought "The Trench" was the lowest of low dota skill, aka the Marianas Trench of dota skill, and "ELO Hell" was where your teammates are so bad that you can't win enough to get out of it and into a higher skill bracket. They're similar ideas but not the same thing.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I always understood the trench as players who don't understand the basic concepts of dota

earlier I was in a game where our support AA (after much begging from our carry) bought a sentry to deward the high stone pillar ward spot in the jungle that we pinged out)
he put a sentry up there and walked away...
Not bothering to cast his E on there to get vision to see if there's actually a ward there

so he doesn't understand how sentries work

that is an example of trench

another would be a carry in trilane who keeps autoattacking creeps breaking creep equilibrium and giving he offlaner tons of free exp and last hits under his tower (but then doesn't want to push the tower and doesn't understand how tower aggro works)

at 3.5 k mmr on eu I'd say about 90 percent of players at least know better than that...
I see a lot of de warding, a lot of creep skipping, scouting with illusions , stacking ancients and other things that I almost never used to see when I was newer at the game and playing with other equally shit players
Rikis do shitty in most of the games I see now because people buy sentries and dust from the moment he hits 6 (and have them for every tower push) and shit all over him
In the trench he'd be the pub stomper especially since the invis not breaking buff

When I think of trench I think of people who don't understand what they're doing or why they are doing what they do, and just kind of blunder through their games
When you see a gyro buy a helm of the dominator (which is in every guide) but actually use it to stack with then I consider that out of the trench:p

The thing that sucks the most about playing Dota is that I know all of these things but I'm still low tier as fuck. That knowledge won't get me into higher skill tiers because at my MMR carries can auto attack and supports can steal farm and buy zero wards and one of those teams is guaranteed to win and I have a ~50% chance to be on that team. I still regularly get into games where at the 15 minute mark an epic 20 minute, 5v5 battle starts in the mid lane and doesn't let up until one team has a hopeless advantage over the other.

do you nerds even play dota anymore
It's been like 3 months since I've played my last game.

I don't know why I'm so reluctant to play a game I love so much. Maybe it's because I don't like only playing one game a day and never have the time to play more than that.

IS THAT TROLL FACE LEGIT IT'S LIKE THE STUPIDEST THING

Wok

I always understood the trench as players who don't understand the basic concepts of dota

For instance, I had a game in which I played Venomancer support (only support of the team), I put a ward in front of Roshan, and a few minutes later, Roshan was killed by a smoked Ursa. What do you think happened? Carry Centaur said in the voice chat with a deep Russian accent: "it is your fault, Veno, it is all your fault, you should have warded Roshan, you are responsible for this". The ward was still there in front of Roshan when he said this. I have stopped buying wards in this game after this incident. Unfortunately, we managed to win the game. I say unfortunately because my team was made of a bunch of solo-queueing idiots who would flame after each of their death, who would unpause the game if someone disconnects in the ennemy team, etc. Truly trench tier.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Deso rush, as in like first big item? I always see NP's get Deso late for the shiny red projectiles.

Also, its nice to have a game where even in losing I still enjoy it a lot. Dire went full on split push siege and simply destroyed all our buildings at 45 minutes. The NP got super fat to the extent that I just doomed him every fight since Invoker was actually less of a problem.
http://dotabuff.com/matches/797928898

I have no clue how to build doom, and feel I may have gone too tanky with not much DPS. I got stuck in the jungle and ended up doing Vlads -> Phase -> Shivas -> Heart -> Crystalis (Was planning on getting a full Daedalus). The blink was a last second desperation item that worked decently but simply wasn't enough.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Universe going offlane SK vs DK / Tide.
Gets FB and double kill in under 2 minutes.

11min stick, bottle, arcanes, blink, as solo off

Top Bottom