• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Double Dragon Collection coming to Switch , PS and Xbox Nov.9 Physical only for Switch?

alf717

0510f636b6d73f69b5ab82023e836efd.jpg

Included Double Dragon 1-4, Double Dragon Advance and Super Double Dragon.

MrA

Banned
0510f636b6d73f69b5ab82023e836efd.jpg

Included Double Dragon 1-4, Double Dragon Advance and Super Double Dragon.
What no double dragon 5? I needs my trash tier fighting game... especially the jag version because its missing 4 characters

Joking aside double dragon advance is awesome good to see it finally available

Reactions: Isa

Ar¢tos

Looks like the NES versions and not the arcade versions, who the fuck is gonna buy that?
The only Double Dragon i remember playing was on Amiga (DD1 or 2, can't remember) I guess those versions aren't included?

Last edited:

Quasicat

Looks like the NES versions and not the arcade versions, who the fuck is gonna buy that?
I only ever played the NES versions since my cousin had the whole set and the arcades versions were not available where I lived. I picked them up on Switch as soon as they were originally released.
For me, it’s pure nostalgia for the NES versions since it reminds me of my childhood.

DosGamer

I love the idea of the collection, but in this day and age.... there is absolutely no reason the superior ARCADE versions should not be included. Those games were my go to as a kid in the arcade. Replicating that instead of the subpar NES games is a crime to be honest and a weak attempt at a money grab.

daffyduck

You can get those as digital on various platforms, but yes, they should have been on this physical collection, especially since the LRG Kunio kun edition already has the first 3 NES versions.

ReBurn

Gold Member
If it's reasonably priced I'll pick up a Switch cart. Most of these collections are stupidly overpriced.

MrA

Banned
nes version of 3 is miles better than the paid dlc, yes that's right you had to buy characters and weapons, arcade version
plus dd1 and 2 for the nes are really well remembered, but it should be the arcade 1 ,2 and ugh 3, nes 1 2 and 3, master system 1, 4 plus the technos developed fighter (but that's tied to the movie, remember that?) as it's ooookay as opposed to the train wreck of double dragon 5 (which is based on the saturday morning cartoon, remember that?),
too bad ms couldn't work out battletoads double dragon as an xbox exclusive or something as its not a bad game
advance is the real draw here though, it's the best double dragon game and previous locked to gba

Last edited:

KiteGr

I'm more interested in the Kunio collection, but limited run hasn't released a ps4-5 version of it.

Top Bottom