• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age II |OT| The Revenge of Shit Mountain

Stallion Free said:
Lmao that is just sad.

I sided with Anders because Sebastian kept making these underhanded cunty remarks about mages the whole game and then would act like they didn't apply to me (a mage) because he like followed me and shit.

I kinda figured he was a dick right at the start so never took him with me anywhere.
When it came to the final choice he sided against me with some fancy speech and a threat of retaliation and I was like "whatever, seeya".

Arjen

So, i finished it this weekend including the Legacy DLC.
All and all i enjoyed it despite it's many, many flaws.
The lack of locations really annoyed me in the final act, go to Lowtown, go to Hightown ugh. It would really helped if they would've threw in some new locations.
Main quest didn't realy had a good flow in the final act either. Just did a quest for Orsinio, go home to check mail, Orsino want's to speak to you...what??? I JUST saw you, they should've threw in another quest, maybe a forced companion quest or something.
Story was pretty ok, excpet the ending
what the fuck Anders? So dumb..
Legacy was pretty damn awesome, great story, fresh locations and cool enemies.
But that final boss...holy shit, the dumbness of your party AI really shines here, it's been a while since i screamed at my tv screen, but oh maker, this was bad.
I hope for DA:3 they will keep the combat like this (I'm on 360, and this was miles better then origins) but get back the other playable races, better custimising and loot system from Origins.

Khal_B

Finished Legacy last night and I really enjoyed it. Highly recommended.

It felt good dealing with things Warden related once again.

Just finished the game.

Thoughts are jumbled right now, so I'll just leave this here.

Out of all the people you party up/get to know, only Varric, Aveline, Bethany, and your Mom aren't complete and utter shitheads.

Jesus Christ.

Seriously, has there been an RPG with this many unlike-able people?

Game itself isn't dreadful, just frustratingly inconsistent and reeks of cynicism.

Yeah you can't beat Mass Effect. I just worked with what there is really, I guess I could have cut it down a bit, but I wanted to hit around 10 mins.

Khal_B said:
Finished Legacy last night and I really enjoyed it. Highly recommended.

It felt good dealing with things Warden related once again.

Did you take Anders?
I love it when Justice flips out.

Just finished Legacy.

Vast improvement over the Main Game. Finally brought back a sense of "adventure" with these dungeon crawls, and a nice bit of lore integration too.

Khal_B

lastplayed said:
Did you take Anders?
I love it when Justice flips out.

I didn't, unfortunately. I plan to rectify that soon though. I really enjoyed Legacy, so a second play-through is definitely in order.

And speaking of Legacy, I have a strong feeling Corypheus is going to make an appearance in DA3.

I also found the end to be quite moving, especially when
Hawke has a conversation with her dead mother. I'll have to try it again before that moment in the campaign to see how it plays out.

lastplayed said:
Hawke has a conversation with her dead mother. I'll have to try it again before that moment in the campaign to see how it plays out.

Did you go for the family outing achievement?

Khal_B

lastplayed said:

Same.
It also gave me some closure that I didn't get from the main game with regards to Leandra.

Also, if you haven't already, make sure you take one of the siblings along. I took Beth and she had a lot to say,
for obvious reasons.

lastplayed said:
Well I'm playing on Steam so never notice the achievements. :p

What does it involve?

Taking one of the siblings along for the adventure nets you the achievement.

lastplayed said:
Well I'm playing on Steam so never notice the achievements. :p

What does it involve?

Take Bethany/Carver with for the duration of the DLC. Assuming you a) played this in Act I or b.) post game save, Bethany forced into the Circle and you side with the mages in the end. I haven't played mage yet, so I don't know anything about shithead Carver

It was pretty neat to have so many unique dialogue with Bethany, plus a scene at the end in your mansion. Not the same as Shadow Broker Liara stuff, but still, nice touch from BioWare. Then again, Bethany and Varric are the only naturally like-able party members to begin with.

Oh yep, I took Bethany
(as a Grey Warden)

So taking Anders and Bethany ensures some good moments/dialogue, and I also hear Varric has a bit to say too, will have to drag his ass along next time.

http://twitter.com/#!/dragonage/status/107677880686870528

Future of the #DA franchise is very bright! Exotic locations, more consequences for the decisions you make, customized party appearances!

...sooo it's going to be like Dragon Age: Origins?

If DA2 had just built on the first game instead of throwing all that stuff out they wouldn't need to keep chasing their own tail. *sigh*

inky

LOL, the future of the franchise is all the shit they took out in 2... Who knew!

It's funny 'cause the only reason I am waiting for DA3 news is to see how they will inevitably make it worse.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Darklord said:
New please.
A new one altogether or the one with the forum posts?

I'm fine with either, but I just want to check what people prefer, since Dragon Age has become a rather touchy subject on the forum. :lol

Pranay

Nirolak said:

I'm fine with either, but I just want to check what people prefer, since Dragon Age has become a rather touchy subject on the forum. :lol

New Thread please

Ponti

Nirolak said:

I'd say new thread but we could pretty safely guess what'll happen to said thread.

Chinner

Banned
omg dat shit is mad wikid omg did u see that elve using kong-fu and knives to kill people dam dat shett was hot do u think u can have bone her yeah?

Chinner said:
omg dat shit is mad wikid omg did u see that elve using kong-fu and knives to kill people dam dat shett was hot do u think u can have bone her yeah?
Good, we aren't even going to pretend to take it seriously at the start.

Gvaz

Banned
Chinner said:
I like these posts because I feel like this was exactly who bioware was trying to make their game for.

Chinner

Banned
holy shit guys did u see this FELIA DAY IS IN THE GAME oh man this is so hot!
NLoTT.png

omg this is amazing i love felica day shes in the codex (a series about videogames! i play videogames! its my demographic!!!) and now shes a kick ass hot killer elef who kills people!

can we have sex with her????

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
witness said:
New DLC was shown on GTTV, debut trailer.
Okay, haven't even played DA2 and the actual look of the trailer was pretty laughable, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I like the idea of breaking into an impregnable fortress.

Unfortuntly based on what I've heard about the main game and first DLC its likely to be mostly just "kill these dude and advance"

Also, Felicia Day's voice is annoying

inky

Oh God, when that one guy said in another thread that Bioware now is only about jerking nerds off he wasn't lying. LOL

Top Bottom