• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Origins |OT| Letting The Fade fade out of memory

blitz64

I think I need a faster pc just to load this thread. been 3+ minutes and still loading in firefox.

I'm looking forward to this game.

tadcalabash

Neo Member
Playing the Dragon Age: Journey's flash game while listening to the Penny Arcade D&D sessions and reading the Dragonlance novels as I pre-order on Steam.

Dineren

Banned
Great OP :lol. I was worried about Dragon Age at first, but all the impressions seem great. Preordered the collector's edition for PC. Can't wait until the 3rd!

Zeliard

tadcalabash said:
Playing the Dragon Age: Journey's flash game while listening to the Penny Arcade D&D sessions and reading the Dragonlance novels as I pre-order on Steam.

But are you dressed as a knight?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Lyphen said:
I'm starting to feel a tingle of excitement as the release comes nearer. Maybe I'll end up buying this one after all. But definitely not day 1, Bioware's latest PC releases (KotOR, KotOR 2, Jade Empire and Mass Effect) have burned me with bugs.

Be my guinea pigs and crash-test this game for me!

2py886u.png

Minsc

Gold Member
EviLore said:
I'll do the official thread, if you guys don't mind it not looking like a 500 page PR website.

Oh... Oooh... ooh, you are a smart one! I understand now! You said what you did just to make me not expect such an incredibly awesome OP, ha ha! You are as smart as Boo sometimes!
don't hate for quoting Minsc :)

Well, time to dust off that full plate, there's a dragon or two with our names on them! RrraaaAAGHGHH!!!

Mashing

tadcalabash said:

Ahh, the Nerd Triathlon. Well done sir!

Gattsu25

Banned
:lol Awesome OP
tadcalabash said:
Really? never knew about that

tadcalabash

Neo Member
Gattsu25 said:
:lol Awesome OPReally? never knew about that

They're quite entertaining. I've never played any D&D but am still having a great time.

Like listening to an action packed fantasy story being built from scratch, and the guys are usually hilarious while doing so.

Gotta love Jim's Magic Missile ®, the amazing noise producing light coin, and an unusually flammable dwarf.

Phreaker

I'm looking forward to this game, but I'm kind of wrapped up in Demon's Souls and Borderlands too at the moment. :D Good times right now if you enjoy RPGs and loot games.

Gattsu25 said:
:lol Awesome OPReally? never knew about that
I've never ever played non-videogame D&D and I still think those casts are phenomenal.

They do a really great job of explaining every move they do in hilarious ways.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I got the Digital Deluxe Collector's Edition off Steam when it was still $54.99!

I really wish their was a pre-load option considering how large the game is. Oh well, I have Borderlands and Torchlight to play in the meantime!

Shins

Banned
Look forward to this. I haven't spent substantive playtime with an in-depth single player RPG, western or otherwise, in a long while (discounting two failed attempts to get beyond the intro to Mass Effect this summer). I hope that my interest in the genre hasn't entirely grown away from me. The time investment is what I'm worried about. I have real trouble maintaining my interest in a single game over an extended period anymore.

We'll see!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
clashfan said:
So it's more like Jade Empire then?

Nope. If you have only played Bioware's console entries than you probably haven't played a game like Dragon Age.

hamchan

Note to self: Never open a first page of an official thread with my iPhone again.

So like most of the time Bioware releases a game I'm pretty hyped. Hopefully it doesn't dissapoint like all the other times too. Successor to Baldur's gate means we expect a high level of quality!

Tokubetsu

I'm not sure if I should be glad I can't afford this right now. I'm anxious to hear regular pcrpg gaf's impressions.

-PXG-

Good thing I wasn't drinking anything, because it would have ended up all over my screen.

:lol :lol :lol

God damnit.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
It took me close to 20 hours, but I finally convinced Morrigan to give my character a kiss. On the flip side, Zeveran recently told my character that my handsome looks tickles his fancy.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Cant wait, i'm strangely excited on such a late notice. (i thought the game looked like crap at first), but all the positive reviews about it being a successor to BG2. Has me excited.:D

Caspel

Himuro said:
How many love interests are there?

I've only "participated" in three so far. Not sure if there is one with Alistair as I haven't had any dialogue options for that as a male. Maybe as a female there would be.

Caspel

Himuro said:
How many females? For my traditional Bioware game lesbian play through I want as many lesbo options as possible.

I have three females in my group, four males, a dog, and one that...
is kind of confusing on if it's male or female when you learn about the backstory

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Himuro said:
Three?

Aweeeesome.

Hopefully all of them are potential lesbos, and none of that stupid "Oh, she's straight" shit.

You have to turn em out yourself, dude. Emergent gameplay.

Caspel

Himuro said:
Three?

Aweeeesome.

Hopefully all of them are potential lesbos, and none of that stupid "Oh, she's straight" shit.

I don't want to ruin your hopes, but unless you are making an older character, you may not want those dreams to come true...unless you have a think for the elderly
news_dragon_age_origins_wynne-8373.jpg

Top Bottom