• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Origins |OT| Letting The Fade fade out of memory

Erudite

koji said:
Data errors when installing the Digital Deluxe Ed. from the EAstore, this is just lovely, will probably have to redownload the entire thing tonight.

Ah well, my boxed CE is available at my retail store so I can pick that up after work, atleast that'll cheer me up.
According to Jeff Green's Twitter, seems he had the same error.
The fix, for the curious: right click the disc in my computer then "explore" > right click setup.exe or install.exe > run as admin
http://twitter.com/Greenspeak/status/5412329229
Hopefully that helps.

markot

Banned
Wardens keep was pretty lame >.<

I mean, if they think its worth $7 bucks... they are crazy and it doesnt bode so well for future dlc.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Seems like there's a pretty stark difference in quality between the Dwarf Noble origin and the Dwarf Commoner origin.

Dwarf Noble definitely seems like the most complex origin in terms of characters, choices, and combat.

Finished Magi (Elf Mage) origins story. Up to Ostegar now. So far everything it is awesome. As I said before, I spending way too much time talking than I should. Spending most of time in isometric view.

fanboi

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
Seems like there's a pretty stark difference in quality between the Dwarf Noble origin and the Dwarf Commoner origin.

Dwarf Noble definitely seems like the most complex origin in terms of characters, choices, and combat.

Well... COMMONer is the name after all :)

Finished Magi (Elf Mage) origins story. Up to Ostegar now. So far everything it is awesome. As I said before, I spending way too much time talking than I should. Spending most of time in isometric view.

We have come equally far! :)

Dance In My Blood said:

Well, I just did the Dwarf Commoner origin, and it was pretty meh. Don't really feel a connection with my Dwarf either, just annoyed that in most conversations you see nothing but my head because I'm so short :p I think I'm going to try Human Noble.

Kinan

MirageDwarf said:

Same here, really enjoyed it so far. :) Cant wait till evening to play again, excellent stuff.

curse the fucking blood mage! I trusted him. :(

Zeliard said:
Hopefully everyone playing on PC knows you can stretch out the hotkey bar to the end of the screen. :p

Noted.

Daante said:
Swedish LEVEL gave it 9/10.

"The best rpg Bioware has done since Mass Effect"

Er, isn't it the only RPG Bioware has done since Mass Effect?

...I guess that Sonic DS one counts?

Hyphen

_tetsuo_ said:
Iso is definitely the way to go for looks.

4076716737_3205108d71_b.jpg

Man, I would love to have this view on the PS3. Even if it were a fixed viewpoint without any way to change it, I would love it!

fanboi

Banned
Must say that the dialogues are great, with the animations... awesome.

Quite interesting since when I watched a trailer with conversation it was AWFUL.

Also:

Doing Max setting (1920 x 1080) vsyn etc on C2D 3,16 ghz 1gb 4850 4 gb RAM.

EDIT: I look like a kwai (spelling?):

90942.png

laserbeam

Banned
Yeah the trailers at least the more hyped public ones really did not do the game justice. I am having alot of fun and the game looks good.

Less than 15 hours until my Steam game (pre-loaded on Monday) is unlocked and ready to play. The wait is murderous. Think I'm feeling unwell today...better have tomorrow off...*cough*

Hyphen said:
Man, I would love to have this view on the PS3. Even if it were a fixed viewpoint without any way to change it, I would love it!

My brother has been playing it on PC and has been pushing me to buy it for PS3. Hows the experience different from console and PC version beside the obvious KB/M interface? I mean Oblivion came pretty close at making the experience similar (and games like Red Alert 3 did the exact opposite).

mileS

I'm having the same problem I did with Oblivion... I can't decide on a character to stick with. I have restarted the game like 5 times now :(

laserbeam

Banned
mileS said:
I'm having the same problem I did with Oblivion... I can't decide on a character to stick with. I have restarted the game like 5 times now :(

Heh im on character #2. Started with a warrior and have a mage now. I must say Mage makes alot of the tougher fights as a warrior so easy

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Been playing for the last 4 hours as a Human Noble Warrior(360 version), and I'm fully on board the hype train for this one. Holy shit is this game awesome. My love with Bioware started with KOTOR not BGII(haven't played it yet), but for some reason I just wasn't hyped for this until the GAF impressions, but I already know it has everything I loved about KOTOR and Mass Effect in an awesome fantasy universe.

The Human Noble storyline has been fantastic thus far, although some of the animation is a bit stiff as some have noted. It's really no big deal when the storyline and writing are this good, however.

Not to mention I haven't even touched or read about the elf or dwarf storylines. If you're on a tight budget this game will give you every penny worth its $60 cost
If you like KOTOR, Mass Effect or WRPG's in general

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I'm super jealous of PC owners and the iso view. The PS3 version runs so pathetic at times that I think I'm going to track down the 360 version. I don't want to ruin my first playthrough of this game.

Truant

Iso view is a must for combat, especially on normal. Some fights are insane, especially the one that starts right after a cutscene.

Seriously, this is a 43 page thread when I'm logged in and have the posts displayed per page set to max. Please just answer me this: are all characters available for romance options regardless of whether your main character is male or female, or do only some of them "bat for both teams"? :lol

knitoe

Started game again after getting to lvl 10. Went with human rogue. So much easier than human warrior on hard mode. Backstabbing is so much more fun. I actually like 3rd peron view over iso.

Sweet. Check my email and found Amazon ant codes for bonus items.

chico

i hate it when a game has an earlier release date in other parts of the world!!! There is no reason whatsoever to do this. reading all the posts from happy gamers how awesome this game is just makes me mad!!! 2 more days of pure misery... :(

Lime

Played some bits of The Human noble story last Night. It really is epic. Im mostly impressed by The Music so far. Cant wait to get home and play some more..

Keio

For a Finer World
Picked up the game for 360 today.

Sorry to repeat myself but I'd like to know this:

Keio said:
Which difficulty should I go for - I've heard the console version is much easier (my friend compared the review builds pc vs 360)? I enjoyed Mass Effect on default difficulty, so how should I approach Dragon Age on 360?

koji

chico said:
i hate it when a game has an earlier release date in other parts of the world!!! There is no reason whatsoever to do this. reading all the posts from happy gamers how awesome this game is just makes me mad!!! 2 more days of pure misery... :(

Imagine how "happy" I was this morning when I saw all those data errors when I tried to install my downloaded version...

I was going to buy the deluxe edition of this game on Steam but I found some vouchers for my local game store. My only worry is missing out on the items exclusive to steam and deluxe edition. Are the items that great or is there better stuff to find in game?

Dynoro

Unknown Soldier said:
Seriously, this is a 43 page thread when I'm logged in and have the posts displayed per page set to max. Please just answer me this: are all characters available for romance options regardless of whether your main character is male or female, or do only some of them "bat for both teams"? :lol
Afaik; there's a hetrosexual for each gender and a bisexual for each gender - so 4 possible romance options

LCfiner

Keio said:
Picked up the game for 360 today.

Sorry to repeat myself but I'd like to know this:

you can change difficulty at any time. I would start on normal and, if you don’t want the challenge in combat, knock it back down to easy.

but easy is REALLY easy. if you’re looking forward to playing this game for the combat tactics and strategy, you’re gonna need to keep it on normal.

I'm wary of looking at 360 achievements before playing, so here's a question: are there any achievements for using the same party for the majority of the game, a la Mass Effect?

Swag

Just got to the Circle of Magi tower, and I really wish I hadn't taken my mage down the support / healer path.

Very Minor Spoiler:

Wynne
already has all the skills that I have, could've been CC / Damage but needed a healer early game UGH

GreekWolf

My 360 copy finally arrived, I've just completed the Human Noble story and I've loved every minute of it.

The dialogue and VA in just that origin sequence was considerably better than the very best moments of the numerous RPGs I've played this gen.

eXistor

I've played about 2-3 hours last night and I'm having a great time so far, but I have to say the game world feels very clinical. It's all a bit too clean feeling. Coming off of Risen with its lush, organic and lived-in feeling world this is quite a step back. Still it runs like a dream on my pc and I think I'm gonna have a blast with it.

Just wanted to say, I beat the temple of
Andraste
above the
town of Haven
and man, that final leg of the dungeon is amazing. I really didn't expect to have to fight
my own party.

Top Bottom