• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball fans, how do you feel about the inclusion of GT content in future games?

LotusHD

Banned
Would rather have Baby Pan that GT Pan. That's true. I'm in the mindset of Fusion and Xenoverse I guess, where I expect a big cast of characters.

Lol I'll be fair just this once to GT Pan and say that she should probably get in before a baby.

I'd actually like Baby, Baby Vegeta, and Majuub in a game for once. Just because I feel like they are major characters we never see in games. I have issues with each of them, but it'd be cool to see them in a game.

Baby Vegeta has been in a game(s) before, but j don't see the point of ever bothering with regular Baby, especially now. Indifferent towards Majuub.

I do get that issue in a game like DBFZ. But I think Super's characters have a more robust moveset, so it wouldn't make much sense to have GT characters in something like DBFZ, besides the iconic big 3. Omega, SSJ4 Vegeta, SSJ4 Goku.

Gogeta, Super 17, or even Pan deserves a slot before Vegeta if one insists on iconic GT characters, a game like this should stray from having too many variations of Saiyan characters. Only Goku (SS4) and Gohan (Ultimate Gohan) are worth it imo

I'm not a huge fan, but there's no denying it has a legitimate place in Dragon Ball history.

Super Goku 4, Baby, moustache dad Vegeta, give me everything.

notaskwid

He doesn't. He has the same yellow pants kid goku has. And vegeta already wears leather pants. SSJ4 doesn't give them clothes.

latest

0abbf458ac922e1cc453e5b41c11630b.jpg

dragon_ball_gt___vegeta_by_dbcproject-d6emzwd.jpg
He turns into a monkey and then he has pants on.

Skeeter49

Lol I'll be fair just this once to GT Pan and say that she should probably get in before a baby.

Baby Vegeta has been in a game(s) before, but j don't see the point of ever bothering with regular Baby, especially now. Indifferent towards Majuub.

Gogeta, Super 17, or even Pan deserves a slot before Vegeta if one insists on iconic GT characters, a game like this should stray from having too many variations of Saiyan characters. Only Goku (SS4) and Gohan (Ultimate Gohan) are worth it imo
Scratch Baby Vegeta. Super has a better Baby Vegeta.
n1ywdhu.jpg

Also Baby Pan can take on Future Trunks. GT Pan couldn't do that. So if Future Trunks is allowed in, someone stronger than him should be as well.

Lucumo

For me, only Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z/the manga is canon, so I would rather not have GT or Super in any games. But then again, I don't really care anymore, so they can do whatever they want. Not that I will buy any new products.

I don't mind it, but it's always just:
SSJ4 Goku
Forehead 17
Omega Shenron

And then a few others depending on the game, but nothing else other than the characters for the most part.

Karsha

Toriyama continues to write new outlines and do new character designs for every arc of Super and supervises the storyboards for the anime and manga. For GT he only did the initial cast designs and literally nothing more.

He designed some of the planets and gave ok for ssj4 too and if I recall the story was sent to him and he'd give advice to the toei staff on how to modify it so there's that.

marmoka

Banned
Honestly I don't care if they are included or not. As long as GT Trunks is not there, that's fine for me.

Just don't use them if you don't want to.

Opa-Pa

I honestly don't see how magic SSJ4 pants are any more ridiculous than any of the potara fusion outfits.

They're just silly things that make no sense but are an obvious necessity, come on.

But yeah, I don't mind GT representation in modern DB games... However I'd rather they didn't use any slots for GT characters in DBF (and I doubt they will), but in the sequel, sure why not. However given how much attention to detail for manga references Arcsys are including, I'm starting to wonder if even Super will be featured in the base game at all.

There was GT in XV and Fusions though, and it was pretty awesome, especially in the latter.

Inviusx

I'll always have a soft spot for GT in heart because it brings back much nostalgia. I remember my friends and I sitting around my computer downloading episodes off Napster and losing our minds.

I think the SSJ4 designs are badass.

LotusHD

Banned
I honestly don't see how magic SSJ4 pants are any more ridiculous than any of the potara fusion outfits.

They're just silly things that make no sense but are an obvious necessity, come on.

But yeah, I don't mind GT representation in modern DB games... However I'd rather they didn't use any slots for GT characters in DBF (and I doubt they will), but in the sequel, sure why not. However given how much attention to detail for manga references Arcsys are including, I'm starting to wonder if even Super will be featured in the base game at all.

There was GT in XV and Fusions though, and it was pretty awesome, especially in the latter.

Well Super also has a manga to go off if its absolutely necessary, and also one of Trunks' moves seems to come from a movie, so they're fine either way in terms of "attention to detail" whichever way they want to go about doing it.

Shauni

The potara fuse two characters together totally through magic, so it makes sense their clothing is fused and unfused as well. I mean, you can call magic logic silly, sure, but at least there's some logic to it.

With SSJ4, there's just not. It just...happens. And with Goku he's alternating between an adult and a kid while doing it. I guess you can make a lot of assumptions, like SSJ4 is so powerful it can warp reality, but there's nothing within the narrative to confirm that either way.

Nanashrew

Banned
I don't mind it, but it's always just:
SSJ4 Goku
Forehead 17
Omega Shenron

And then a few others depending on the game, but nothing else other than the characters for the most part.

Yeah, that's definitely annoying. There are other battles that happen in GT but they never seem to get used in the games.

I think Baby is a better villain than basically all DB villains outside of Frieza and Piccolo Daimao. Dude has clear, defined motivations and you can't say that about Buu/Cell/etc.

Plus Golden Ape Baby would make for a fun Sentinel/Lightan-esque playstyle.

120v

GT was way too short to really being a blight on the franchise

assuming we're mainly talking about fighting games, every fighter these days has a handful of quirky selections on their roster anyway

Opa-Pa

The potara fuse two characters together totally through magic, so it makes sense their clothing is fused and unfused as well. I mean, you can call magic logic silly, sure, but at least there's some logic to it.

With SSJ4, there's just not. It just...happens. And with Goku he's alternating between an adult and a kid while doing it. I guess you can make a lot of assumptions, like SSJ4 is so powerful it can warp reality, but there's nothing within the narrative to confirm that either way.

Lol I totally mixed these up, but I meant regular fusion as in with Gotenks.

Never thought about it but you're right on potara fusion, since it's technically actual magic... Then again I have no idea if regular fusion is also considered magic in-universe, huh.

Mister Wolf

Lol I totally mixed these up, but I meant regular fusion as in with Gotenks.

Never thought about it but you're right on potara fusion, since it's technically actual magic... Then again I have no idea if regular fusion is also considered magic in-universe, huh.

Gotenks fusion dance is a magical spell as well.

Nanashrew

Banned
Before we get Super or GT how about more regular Dragonball content.
King Piccolo should be a regular.

This is annoying too! Put some classic Dragon Ball characters and younger forms into the games please! If not then make me more Dragon Ball games centered around kid Goku.

I loved it back then and I love that they are bringing some characters back to the rosters. So I'm totally fine with it!

The only thing that's missing now is a full fledged GT story game.

ryushe

God, the love I have for SSJ4's design is a little unsettling. It's why I honestly cannot for the life of me get behind the idea of SSJBlue, SSJGod, etc. no matter how hard I try.

That and I think GT is actually a good show, with a much more interesting premise than the first 3-4 arcs in Super. So yeah, I'm all for it.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Super is garbage. I hate the unjustified praise this extended fiction BS gets.

The only reason Super exists is because Toei begged Toriyma to come back and make them more money with the Dragonball IP. In that sense, there is literally no difference between GT and that.

Nightbird

It's okay, it's an iconic series, even tough time hasn't been kind to it (it's flawed)

Super, while not flawless either, has not only much more content to offer to the games than GT, but has also a better potential in terms of story and worldbuilding.

So i'd rather have them focus more on Super, since it allows for more creativity for the game developers.

The only acceptable bit of GT is the adventure at the start, before it descends into power level pish. Felt like they were attempting to homage Dragon Ball with Goku as a kid, Pan fitting in for Bulma, but then they decide to throw in things like Super 17 and Baby, taking the worst of Z and turning it up to 11.

I'll never not laugh at the eyeshadow on SSJ4.

LotusHD

Banned
Super is garbage. I hate the unjustified praise this extended fiction BS gets.

The only reason Super exists is because Toei begged Toriyma to come back and make them more money with the Dragonball IP. In that sense, there is literally no difference between GT and that.

Well, other than the majority far preferring one more than the other.

That's Dragon Ball GT: Transformation for GBA.

It's definitely a game that exists.

Ah yea, that's the name lol

ryushe

Reading over the thread and man, I'm so happy so many people share my opinion of SSJ4. I always thought I was alone in loving it lol

LotusHD

Banned
Reading over the thread and man, I'm so happy so many people share my opinion of SSJ4. I always thought I was alone in loving it lol

Really? That's one of the few things that is generally liked from GT. I mean yea, some have soured on the design over time, but still.

Top Bottom