• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball fans, how do you feel about the inclusion of GT content in future games?

Priority should go Z > Super/new material > DB > GT

None should be banned, but if stuff needs to be removed or can't fit, that should be the priority.

Z > Super > Movies > DB > GT.

As for DB, Tao Pai Pai, Master Shen, Tambourine, and King Piccolo should be included before they add GT stuff.

Karsha

While I understand people that don't like GT saying that the Super characters have more interesting attacks is simply wrong. How is Golden Freeza and Sword Ki Goku more interesting than a dude that can control the 7 elements or another one that absorbs ki with his entire body and has machineguns and other shit like that?
Hell even General Rildo is more interesting than Super characters move wise lol. Only one deserving is Hit since he brings something new with his time/space abilities.

As long as GT content isn't given priority over Super content, it's cool by me. GT itself was kind of blah but the stuff from it can be fun to have around in games. But we really need content from Super more than GT, which is something that recent games have started to recognize.

I don't care for GT as an anime. It has weird art and an even weirder tone that doesn't feel congruent with Dragon Ball Z. I get that it's a new series, but it almost feels like a different world entirely. It's jarring.

I don't mind GT elements included in Dragon Ball video games. It used to annoy me, but at this point I've conceded the popularity of it and just moved on with my life.

I haven't been impressed with Dragon Ball Super either. It has a very "fan-fiction" feel to it, which is a complaint I've heard commonly. Power to the people who like it though; I'm glad they're making content you like. It's just not for me.

TreIII

I always thought it was pretty telling that Dragon Ball Zenkai Battle Royale (arcade arena fighting game) had no GT representation, even though it made sure to stuff Bardock and Broly in because those two are pretty much mandates. Otherwise, the rest of the game (and its updates) focused on what was current.

If it weren't for Dimps and their love for stuffing SSJ4 in as much as possible in Heroes, GT content probably would have been phased out in games awhile ago. Even Xenoverse only bothers to keep a few slots in for a few GT picks for nothing else because they're "there" and little else.

Mikey Jr.

Only thing I would take from gt is ssj4 goku and vegeta.

Everything else is pretty crap.

Maybe vegeta with the biker moustache. But that's it!!!

Piers

As one YouTube comment explained:
"Two muscle men dressed in fur suits argue over a dance routine."

SSJ4 was a good idea, and really does evoke a bit of Journey to the West — intentional or not. It's just a shame the colour scheming was a little too crazy. Would of loved to see SSJ4 Goku with his power-pole, actually.
GT as a whole had the right ideas, it just followed them up with crappy pacing and storytelling as a whole. Wouldn't mind if it was in this game, in that regard.

And the difference is that Toriyama is actually involved in the story this time.
Loosely. He only writes the outline — which could be brought to shit by poor structure and scheduling at Toei.

Ferr986

Don't care, honestly. Both GT and Super are equally bad to me and I know there's going to be Super stuff so why not GT? SSJ4 looks better than God even with the stupid fur, for example.

What we really need is more OG DB stuff though.

Fj0823

GT is fucking awful but why in the world would I want less content??

If they get the canon shows and want to add even more stuff from the EU fine by ne

shimrra

My only gripe with GT was just how the characters looked. For some reason the art design just looked like it took a step back on quality when compared to the Z series.

Revven

I'm a fan of including any and all content from the overall Dragon Ball series. That includes GT. Sure, the actual anime might have been pretty terrible but the narrative and story content of GT doesn't really matter when it comes to including the characters from it.

There aren't too many characters from GT the games should include anyway beyond these:

Baby
SSJ4 forms (Goku, Vegeta, Gogeta)
Eis/Nova Shenron
Omega Shenron
Super 17
Rilldo

And that's pretty much it. You could argue Uub and Pan as well but to be honest, those two are not essential.

Then there's the hyper fans who have always wanted GT Goten... lol.

Anyway, that's how I feel about it. And if your roster is going to be incredibly small then the most iconic GT character you could pick is probably Baby. He's basically the best villain from GT; at least that's the consensus I believe.

But yeah, I don't really think GT is going to go away. At least, not in a supposed Xenoverse 3. Dragon Ball FighterZ I can totally see no GT representation unless the roster is bigger than we think.

Would I be okay with GT being gone in the future with more Super content to replace it? Yeah, I guess. GT's been represented in plenty of games at this point.

Sony

Nintendo
Rather see TPP, Demon King Piccolo, Jackie, and DB Kid Goku than anyone in GT. Hell throw in a red ribbon guy too, like Blue.

More unique moves, fighting styles and personality.

Would it be fun to have them in? Sure. But to prioritize them over Goku SS4, Vegeta SS4, Super 17, Nova Shenron, Eis Shenron, Omega Shenron is a bit far reaching. Besides, GT has plenty of characters with interesting fighthing styles like Legic or Cardina Mutchy Mutchy =p

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Garbage. Keep it as far away as humanly possible. We should be talking about more inclusion of the original Dragon Ball, not this crap.

Linkark07

Banned
I don't mind them continue appearing. But for not confuse anybody (would anyone be confused?), they should just add it is an alternate continuity.

And I'm on camp SSJB is better than SSJ4.

kunonabi

Vegeta's transformation is literally forced in the sense that Bulma built a machine to make his transformation possible. He can't transform on his own.

Bulma just gives him his tail back. Goku wouldn't have learned it without help either.

Giga Man

The fact that someone like Vegeta accepted using a machine to get more powerful still irks me.

GT had zero understanding of the characters

GT was just the Goku Show, let's be real. He literally was the only one making a difference. Like, what was even the point of Uub > Majuub? Talk about a waste of potential. Even Gogeta was a waste of time. He just taunted Omega until he split and Goku had to resort to a Spirit Bomb.

VDenter

Banned
GT was just the Goku Show, let's be real. He literally was the only one making a difference. Like, what was even the point of Uub > Majuub? Talk about a waste of potential. Even Gogeta was a waste of time. He just taunted Omega until he split and Goku had to resort to a Spirit Bomb.

To be fair Goku was and is the main character . Even in Z he was the one who almost always made a difference.

Fj0823

To be fair Goku was and is the main character . Even in Z he was the one who almost always made a difference.

But they ALL get moments to shine in Z, no one would love Trunks without his awesome intro, people feel sad about Gohan becoming weak because his SSJ2 moment was amazing.

GT just shits on every single one of them to make red furry Goku look better.

Pan didn't even get a moment to turn Super Saiyan FFS!!

In Super Gohan, Buu, Trunks, Vegeta, Piccolo,18, Krillin and even freaking Yajirobe get their time to be important and do stuff that's not only warm the evil dude's punches.

Justinh

I guess I'm fine with it. I actually liked GT. Well, the beginning of GT when it was like... exploring different worlds and stuff looking for Dragon Balls.

I'd be fine with less. SSJ4 is awful.

Fite me.
Okay.
HAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
hold on
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

(this is a joke, I don't want to argue with you or anything....) I do think SSJ4 is incredibly stupid, but I think it's less stupid than SSJBlue.
Also Pan and Uub >>>>>>>>> garbage Super characters
Pan was so great.

Also, I thought GT's ending was pretty great. Better than Z's.

Current show speculation:
I wonder if when the tournament of power is over, we'll see universes that had already been erased in the past and we'll see like... cameos of GT and movie stuff there and that's how they'll "explain" movies and GT existing.

Sony

Nintendo
I still don't know why Super is even called Super when it's just more Z.

Super is very different from Z. Super's Universe is vastly expanded, Vegeta is the comedic relief in Super, Goku is mentally challenged and the power levels are horrid. Super is Dragonball Absalon level fanfiction.

Firemind

GT's ending was great you heathens ;-;

While I didn't really like the SSJ4 design, it still beats God forms or whatever it's called in Super. Now that's just lazy.

Fj0823

Super is very different from Z. Super's Universe is vastly expanded, Vegeta is the comedic relief in Super, Goku is mentally challenged and the power levels are horrid. Super is Dragonball Absalon level fanfiction.

Its "fanfiction" that actually expands on DB and Z's themes, builds upon the World DB and Z established and actually finishes character arcs started in Z. All written by the original author...

4ebd771e691398af4741e7530d771500.gif

Also Vegeta's role in Super is amazingly well done for everyone who gives a crap about his character development beyond punching stuff.

Stuff like this,

gifit_1490623316880.gif

Makes you realize how far Vegeta has come, even if it's a comedic moment...

GT's ending was great you heathens ;-;

It was emtional, but good? I'll give it to you if you answer two questions.

Why did Goku leave witha Shenron and then fused with him and the Dragon Balls?

What part of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z or GT set that finale up in a way that makes sense?

RCU005

I like GT character design too, but right now, I would like that games focus on Super. They have introduce many characters already that would be great to play as, like Caulifla, Kale, Hit, Frost, Toppo, Goku Black.

So, if they want to add GT characters, I would prefer if they leave those slots for Super's.

Fj0823

I like GT character design too, but right now, I would like that games focus on Super. They have introduce many characters already that would be great to play as, like Caulifla, Kale, Hit, Frost, Toppo, Goku Black.

So, if they want to add GT characters, I would prefer if they leave those slots for Super's.

Yeah, no one should have a problem with GT or OVA characters being in if they don't take space from canon characters...

Bojack being added in the Goku Black pack for Xenoverse 2 instead of Super Saiyan Rage Trunks or Future Mai was bullshit, the rage was justified.

NeonZ

Hell yeah keep them in the games. GT's treatment in games after Tenkaichi 3 is ridiculous. Only now has it sorta been making a comeback with the Xenoverse games.

Xenoverse 2 didn't even add any GT content. Everything GT related there was inherited from the first game.

Bulma just gives him his tail back. Goku wouldn't have learned it without help either.

Actually, in GT itself, Vegeta apparently would always need that machine in order to transform into SSJ4. After he goes back to base he couldn't transform anymore during the Shenlong battle and said that Goku could do it because he was a genius. Obviously, every game ignores that entire aspect since it basically only existed to make Vegeta look worse than Goku in spite of giving him SSJ4 too.

Fj0823

I think that the fact that GT and Spider-Man 3's defense forces became much more active after DBS and Homecoming became well regarded entries on their franchises cannot be a coincidence.

I must investigate.

Top Bottom