• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ adds Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta, Androids 16 and 18

KaYotiX

Banned
Love Super and don't understand the hate lol. I do love classic DBZ more but super is still really good.
Hope we get a few super chars.

Boke1879

lol 17 is just the male version of 18 without the characterization that was already weak for her, I admit his last fight in Super was pretty great ( I say something positive about Super, what a day... ) but that's it, 16 bring more to the series than 17 for sure.

Because 90% of it is pure garbage.

This is false.

Yall will have to get used to the fact that Super is popular and many of the arcs they've shown including this current one have been received well. So expect more Super representation in the future.

Trickster

Its a fighting game. Android 16 is a better fit because of his unique fighting style. Hate it or love it.

Hard to accept that reason when they just announced both Goku and Vegeta SSB characters. Goku on his own feels like bit of a strectch since he's only done one new thing in SSB. Vegeta on the other hand has done nothing new

Ya'll acting as if there's a lot of cool, relevant Z characters to put in instead of Super characters.

SSGSS as separate characters is lame but I'll take something like Black instead of jobbers like Raditz, Ginyu or Dabura any day.

Moaradin

This game probably wouldn't even exist without Super and the recent resurgence of DB with the recent movies. Y'all need to get used to it, these games are only gonna get more and more Super focused as time goes on.

Ya'll acting as if there's a lot of cool, relevant Z characters to put in instead of Super characters lol

But...but...

tumblr_inline_od8fi2f8SA1rwqb8i_540.png

Edit: Damn you and your faster editing!

Village

Ya'll acting as if there's a lot of cool, relevant Z characters to put in instead of Super characters.

SSGSS as separate characters is lame but I'll take something like Black instead of jobbers like Raditz, Ginyu or Dabura any day.

Dabura is the best tho

Servbot24

Banned
17 is the one Android I would want.

Also how can you complain about too many Super character when there is literally only one :p Hopefully we at least get Beerus.

Quebaz

This game probably wouldn't even exist without Super and the recent resurgence of DB with the recent movies. Y'all need to get used to it, these games are only gonna get more and more Super focused as time goes on.

There's been new DB games yearly since 2002 and at the pace they were going it seemed like it wasn't going to stop anytime soon, hell, before BoG, DB Heroes was making bank to both Bmaco and Shueisha in the arcades.

DrArchon

So why is it that Gold Frieza gets to be an Install super but Blue Goku and Vegeta get to be their own characters? Seems weird to me.

Whatever. I'll need to see more to pass judgement.

N7.Angel

This is false.

Yall will have to get used to the fact that Super is popular and many of the arcs they've shown including this current one have been received well. So expect more Super representation in the future.

Not really the subject but something popular doesn't make something good or great...

I don't really care if they put Super stuff in more DB games as long as they put the most popular stuff from DB/DBZ which are still missing for now.

Ivan 3414

You could "summon" 17 in one of 18's moveset in the Budokai series, and 17 was of course playable there. So there's still a chance he could be playable here as well.

ggx2ac

17's fighting style has always been more unique than 18's. He actually used signature moves.

I'm just being pedantic here, unique means one of a kind, there is no other thing like it.

So to say one thing is more unique than another thing is... Eh?

Fj0823

Super's in, which means the queen has a chance.

Master of Transformations, Bless her tingly feelings

448a94550ba92a0cd1cddd7e8302c1855f887cef_hq.gif

Not really the subject but something popular doesn't make something good or great...

I don't really care if they put Super stuff in more DB games as long as they put the most popular stuff from DB/DBZ which are still missing for now.

What? DBZ's popular stuff is all there.

You think people want the Ginyu Force THAT much?

N7.Angel

Super's in, which means the queen has a chance.

Master of Transformations, Bless her tingly feelings

448a94550ba92a0cd1cddd7e8302c1855f887cef_hq.gif

What? Its all there.

You think people want the Ginyu Force THAT much?

Broly ? Mirai Gohan or Perfect Gohan ? Fusions like Gogeta/Vegeto ? Nappa ? Raditz ? Cooler ?

Thud

So why is it that Gold Frieza gets to be an Install super but Blue Goku and Vegeta get to be their own characters? Seems weird to me.

Whatever. I'll need to see more to pass judgement.

Well it's probably because we have seen a lot more of Blue than Golden Frieza.

Big One

Banned

Like whom? They already got the majority of the big popular characters outside of Ultimate Gohan, Gotenks, Vegito, and the other versions of Boo. Then there's Broly from the movies. Outside of that, most of the Z focused games are full of losers like Ginyu, Raditz, Nappa which don't have unique movesets and aren't really going to add anything to this game.

ggx2ac

Pedantic indeed, is that really a confusing statement to you?

It's not confusing, it just doesn't make sense.

How about saying one thing is better than another thing?

How is one thing that is unique more unique than another thing that is unique when there are no varying levels of uniqueness according to the meaning of unique?

I can describe something as small, and another thing as smaller than small.

How do you describe something as more unique than another when unique is referring to something that is only one of its kind?

Broly ? Mirai Gohan or Perfect Gohan ? Fusions like Gogeta/Vegeto ? Nappa ? Raditz ? Cooler ?

Really? You consider Nappa and Raditz to be "cool" DBZ things that are missing but Super is garbage? Also Future Gohan? What makes him so special that he deserves to be in before Super characters?

kunonabi

If were getting stuck with both Blue transformations we better be getting Mystic Gohan.

Hopefully Kale and Callifa are fare game now.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Why do you folks like 17 so much?

I stopped watching DBZ after the Freezer saga.

Tried getting into Super (watched the entire first arc, 15-16 episodes) and couldn't get into it.

Didn't even get to the blue stuff, but interested to see how it works in the game (although folks here are saying that Vegeta hasn't done anything special yet, so lol at that).

Edit: Going to laugh if they're saving 17 for their big GT character blowout because in the game he's Super Hell Fighter 17.

Tried getting into Super (watched the entire first arc, 15-16 episodes) and couldn't get into it.

Didn't even get to the blue stuff, but interested to see how it works in the game (although folks here are saying that Vegeta hasn't done anything special yet, so lol at that)

You should watch the Battle of Gods and Resurrection F movies, skip the tournament arc, and jump in at the Future Trunks arc. That's where it gets good.

Top Bottom