• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

cireza

I mean, I'd personally prefer all of the Android Trio (16, 17, & 18). But if it came down to it, I'd prefer the devs to focus on 17 & 18 if they can't do all 3.
But 17 and 18 looks redundant to me. It would be better to have 16 & 17 or 16 & 18.

LotusHD

Banned
So 16 & 18 ? Would be perfect for me.

It feels weird to have 18 without 17, but on the other hand 16 fights a lot more differently than 17 (To the point where people at least wouldn't crack jokes about 17 & 18 fighting the same, even though they don't), but on the other other hand 17 just became relevant again...

Spman2099

Yamcha when

My man!

Hopefully fucking never.

Keep Yamcha out this game. Might as well put Oolong in this shit.

I am going to body all the haters with Yamcha when he releases. It is going to be so delicious...

Kami...

Please...

Get Yamcha one of those precious, precious spots on the roster...

Also, don't add whatever lame characters Ornery likes (though it is probably just Vegeta)...

Neoxon

So 17 has popularity & relevancy behind him, whereas 16 has a more unique look & a more obviously different fighting style going for him (even though 17 is still unique in his fighting style).

cireza

It feels weird to have 18 without 17, but on the other hand 16 fights a lot more differently than 17 (To the point where people at least wouldn't crack jokes about 17 & 18 fighting the same, even though they don't), but on the other other hand 17 just became relevant again...
Ok. I have not been watching Dragon Ball Super. Did they confirm that they would include characters from Super or GT ? For now, it has only been from Z...

Zalman

Assuming we're looking at a roster of around 20, I would probably not put Android 16 in there. There are just so many others I would prioritize.

LotusHD

Banned
Ok. I have not been watching Dragon Ball Super. Did they confirm that they would include characters from Super or GT ? For now, it has only been from Z...

I mean, Golden Frieza's in, unless you wanna be weirdly technical about it and say he's still a DBZ addition due to debuting in a movie first. That said, Beerus and SSB at the very least should still be in the base game if that actually were to be the case.

As for undisputed Super related stuff like say Hit or Goku Black, no, that is not yet confirmed. Same goes for GT characters.

17 as DLC.

image.php

Asking for trouble, homie.

In addition to the announced characters now, I'd like to see: Roshi, Tien, Ultimate Gohan, Videl, Android 17, Android 18, Gotenks, Kid Buu and Beerus. That'd bring the roster to 18.

jett

D-Member
Hopefully fucking never.

Keep Yamcha out this game. Might as well put Oolong in this shit.

Why, they totally should.

latest

His transformations would make him one of the more interesting characters. Better than these dozen plus saiyans that all look the same. There should be some OG Dragonball inclusion at least!

HardRojo

The most common complaint I'm hearing from friends is that so far the characters all look samey when fighting, so hopefully Piccolo and others will offer that variety. With that said, I believe it'll be much better when the beta drops and people have more time to experiment with the tools each character has.

maks

My prediction for cast is built around story mode. I expect a Guilty Gear like story mode, based on manga, possibly starting at saiyan saga and ending at Golden Frieza. If they do an original story then throw my post out lol.

Cast will not be too obvious and needs diverse fighting mechanics since dev said the 6 revealed characters are the more standard ones. So i got Babidi, Bulma, Roshi, Nappa, Recoome in there. Another factor on cast is how sellable DLC could be while leaving room for sequel.

*Main Heroes
Goku
Vegeta
Kuririn
Piccolo
Master Roshi (Technique user like Mafuba, getting swole, etc)
Bulma (uses tech)

*Saiyan/Frieza Arc (In story you fight vegeta)
Nappa (grappler)
Recoome (grappler)
Ginyu
Frieza

*Android saga
Perfect Cell
Teen Gohan
Future Trunks (uses sword)
Mr. Satan (fun, joke attacks)

*Buu Saga (in story you fight Majin Vegeta)
Fat Buu
Babidi (uses magic and minions like dabura)
Ultimate Gohan
Gotenks
Videl (i really dont see her in but we need more females)
Kid Buu

*Movie
Beerus

So thats 22 characters with female characters, magic user, grapplers, etc for variety. If they can do 24 characters then add 17 and Dr Gero since it fits story mode. But what i really want is to start story with a Dragonball arc since that can bring even more interesting fighting techniques which ASW shines at. If its not done now then i don't see them ever doing it.

*Dragonball arc
Launch
Assassin Tao
King Piccolo
Kid Goku

My DLC prediction is basically characters they can sell but can't fit into story since that may be heavily dragonball Z based. The sequel will get remaining heroes, movie characters like bardock and broly, and the DBS tournament arc.

DLC
*Whis (magic user)
*Hit
*Goku Black
*Zamasu

Im still hopeful my story and cast prediction comes through. But im pretty doubtful Dragonball era characters will EVER make it due to the producers comment about weak characters not going to make sense in this game.

mooncakes

My characters wishlist:

1. Bulma. Make her play silly like Faust with item toss mechanics + Tron Bonne in a mech

2. Whis.

3. Mai or Launch. Make them play like Elphelt. Handguns, shotguns, grenade, rocket launcher , smoke grenade are part of their normals.

4. Mr. Popo

Alienous

I think the logic of the cast being built around story mode is flawed, thanks to SSJ Goku and Vegeta being their default forms in the game.

So the Saiyan and majority of the Namek saga can't really be represented. That's more than 1/3 of Dragon Ball Z. Even with base Goku and Vegeta it'd still need characters like Kid Gohan, which seems unlikely.

Then its worth considering that this is one of the first major Dragon Ball games taking place during the 'Super' era of the franchise - recapping Z is basically recapping old stuff.

Considering the spectacle of the game I don't see Dragon Ball characters being a good fit, either. And GT has been usurped by Super. So I expect a roster consisting of the highlights of Z, and a sprinkling of Super (i.e. Beerus, Hit, Goku Black, Super Saiyan Blue) - I don't see them trying to sell this game while being unable to go "Look, it's stuff from Super - look, Goku Black!", with the most recent characters (i.e. Caulifla and Kale, and a newly reinvigorated Android 17) being candidates for DLC.

maks

My characters wishlist:

1. Bulma. Make her play silly like Faust with item toss mechanics + Tron Bonne in a mech

3. Mai or Launch. Make them play like Elphelt. Handguns, shotguns, grenade, rocket launcher , smoke grenade are part of their normals.

Nice!

Slaythe

I like 17 but he would be redundant in the base roster, visually speaking.

What ?

This is the dumbest thing I've read in a game that's gonna have 40 super saiyans and potentially 5 Goku lookalikes with SSJ Goku SSB Goku Bardock Goku Black and ultimate Gohan.

tumblr_ot9c2vEVcs1r87g0to1_1280.jpg

And 3 bald dudes.

As if 17 was the redundant one here.

Spman2099

What ?

This is the dumbest thing I've read in a game that's gonna have 40 super saiyans and potentially 5 Goku lookalikes with SSJ Goku SSB Goku Bardock Goku Black and ultimate Gohan.

And 3 bald dudes.

Hahahahaha!

The man isn't wrong.

17 actually has a pretty unique body frame in the DBZ world.

Yeesh, I know people have said it before, but the art for Super can look pretty... rocky.

I-hate-u

But the popularity is there & he fights differently from 18.

What ?

I am talking base roster. If they would include 2 of the 3 androids, who would you pick?

18-female
16-big body
17-energy shield fighter

18 and 16 win over 17 in a roster of low 20s. But I do want him in the first wave of DLC.

Now that I think about it, Babidi would be amazing.

Babidi would be a fantastic pick, and they can take a lot of liberty with his abilities

Magwik

Banned
What ?

And 3 bald dudes.

At this point, the tournament roster is pretty much a lock for FighterZ

Riposte

I really hope the cast isn't so tired as to be the same old Z characters we've seen in dozens of DB fighting games already and Super stuff being limited to a handful in the form of DLC.

Spman2099

The entire Ginyu Force would be a god-tier DLC pack assuming they don't make the base game.

I think it would be a waste to have them as separate characters, but as one character, as others have suggested, I think they would be an AMAZING inclusion.

I really hope the cast isn't so tired as to be the same old Z characters we've seen in dozens of DB fighting games already and Super stuff being limited to a handful in the form of DLC.

The danger is always the multiple character forms. That is how we get a boring roster. They need to show intense self-control and not add more than one form of any given character.

I-hate-u

Really? How?

He is a magician, they can go ham with abilities.

He can be a tiny (like Rocket Racoon tiny) ranged fighter with monster summons like PuiPui and maybe even Dabura if he is not in. They can also have him use his opponents assists against themselves b/c of his mind control ability.

AESplusF

He is a magician, they can go ham with abilities.

He can be a tiny (like Rocket Racoon tiny) ranged fighter with monster summons like PuiPui and maybe even Dabura if he is not in. They can also have him use his opponents assists against themselves b/c of his mind control ability.

A mage user that can call forth his minions (ie Budokai Tenkaichi 3) and attack with magical spells is pretty unique in itself. Much different than everyone else in the game.

Sure but I feel like summoning would be a cop out, and not that amazing, idk.

Top Bottom