• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Because 18 is probably gonna have her bog design.

So they won't try to get 17 there for her, which makes 17's Super design the only 17 they'd bother adding.

And since they had already planned for characters before he came back, DLC is his only chance.

18 never really fought in her BoG outfit outside of getting wrecked by Beerus, I bet she uses the same outfit she does in Extreme Butoden

Zalman

I would not be surprised if 17 wasn't in the main roster because, yeah, they probably decided on this a while ago. But he's pretty much guaranteed to be one of the first in line for DLC considering his recent return.

Slaythe

They're not gonna be able to ignore him yeah, not with the game coming out next year.

Plus they need something like 3 months to make characters and 17 was the only new character confirmed in this arc for the longest time ( back in last November ), design and all.

So basically a year and a half since they heard of 17 returning, possibly more thanks to Bandai's ties with Toei.

I expect Jaco to maybe be playable now tho. Which I don't mind.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Yeah I wouldnt worry about continuity in terms of character selection, for Krillin they went with something that was a bit more distinctive that he has in the past, which I think is a good choice.

There two were a given but its cool to see them fleshed out in a proper fighting game, man, Im hyped.

If Krillin's disks are really unblockable, I wonder how they will work when you're locking the opponent down with an assist like Vegeta. If they are busy blocking Vegeta assist's blast, can you hit them with a free disk?

Probably. But Vegeta assist has significant enough cooldown to where you couldn't loop unblockables I imagine

Lol, that sounds broken. Is there an equivalent to dead angle attack or alpha counter to get out of pressure in this game?

We'll see. But guaranteed unblockable setups off of charge specials are already a thing in Guilty Gear so it's not really breaking new ground for this team. Krillin is probably designed around it.

Edit: Kienzan also seems to be a Super for Krillin. It'll be fine lol

Makankosappo gets more powerful with a longer charge, kienzans are unblockable.
Piccolo has gekiretsukodan, Krillin has kamehameha and the attack he uses in saibaimen.
Piccolo has stretchy arms, Krillin uses zanzouken.

!!!

Fuck yes. Our first mixup character?

TreIII

Interesting. Krillin's Resurrection F design.

Whatever "story" this game has, it definitely looks like it's going to be pulling characters from different eras in the timeline.

Maybe it's realistic to hope that Piccolo is at least from the U6 v. U7 tournament arc. Multi-image Makankosappo as a Level 3, pls.

Whatever "story" this game has, it definitely looks like it's going to be pulling characters from different eras in the timeline.

Maybe it's realistic to hope that Piccolo is at least from the U6 v. U7 tournament arc. Multi-image Makankosappo as a Level 3, pls.

His level 3 is Gekiretsu Kodan it looks like from the scans. I think the budokai games call it Light Grenade or something

Makankōsappō is one of his supers for sure though

Details from Gematsu:
Piccolo

Power: 3
Speed: 2
Reach: 4
Technique: 4
Energy: 3
Piccolo has technical skills such as extending his arms to grasp his opponent and charge techniques. He has a variety of methods to break the opponent’s guard. He can fire beams at super high speeds. By long-pressing the button, he can charge up for a stronger attack. He also has a technique that fires a Ki blast to deal great damage. When connecting from a combo, it will deal even greater damage.

Krillin

Power: 2
Speed: 3
Reach: 1
Technique: 4
Energy: 4
Krillin has low power and reach, but can use a variety of techniques. He can even use Kamehameha, meaning fighting from a distance should not be a problem. He can use skills to confuse the enemy such as the “Afterimage Technique,” which leaves behind an image of Krillin before turning into an attack. He can also use “Destructo Disc,” which is impossible to guard against. After firing Ki blasts, Krillin can alter their trajectory and have them explode in the sky to shoot out multiple Ki blasts.

Eylos

Banned
For those that wonder what the difference is between his F and Saiyan arc designs, it's the Gi color and the fact that in F he has part of his pants sticking out of the ring around his ankles.
Yeah Its the ressurection of f krilin/current

I had to check the differences with the Saiyan saga design

Maybe triple kienzan and 1000x tayoken be present

rmanthorp

Afterimage HYPE
kbvs6o.gif

TreIII

His level 3 is Gekiretsu Kodan it looks like from the scans. I think the budokai games call it Light Grenade or something

Makankōsappō is one of his supers for sure though

Yeah, but is that his ONLY level 3, is the only thing I question.

Unlike Goku and Vegeta who may or may not be prone to have their God forms as separate versions, Piccolo may be more like Freeza who has everything about him past and present rolled into one character. That's why I'm hoping he may have at least one more Level 3 in the final version of the game.

Also, as I said in the other topic, seeing Piccolo having five fingers instead of four makes me sad just a bit. Super DBZ probably will forever remain the only fighting game (if not only game period) that will have his true-to-manga design.

Spman2099

Both of these announcements are great. I am really happy that they are giving us stretchy limb Piccolo. Krillin also sounds like the most interesting character in the game, by about a mile, at the moment.

Also, I guess 17's chances just died with Krilin's costume.

I think 17 has a pretty strong chance of making it in. Especially considering how relevant he is to Super.

Unlike Goku and Vegeta who may or may not be prone to have their God forms as separate versions, Piccolo may be more like Freeza who has everything about him past and present rolled into one character. That's why I'm hoping he may have at least one more Level 3 in the final version of the game.

I am just hoping they won't be that lazy...

Rutger

Banned
Piccolo and Krillin are no surprise at all.

But Krillin will probably be my main so it's cool to hear what his playstyle is like so soon. He sounds pretty fun.

Really looking forward to playing as Krillin, love that he has afterimage. I'm curious to see what characters get announced after this, the only one left that I feel is almost 100% guaranteed is Android 18.

Balfour

They should make Hellzone Grenade cost 2 bars to scatter energy balls around, which can be destroyed, then allow another bar to make what balls are left home in on the opponent. Would be cool so you don't have to home them in if you don't want to. Strategy

Happy to see Krillin. As I thought he would be technique heavy. Sounds like someone you use to switch in to set up opponents for the damage heavy characters and someone who can survive a long time thanks to his moves

If Tien is coming I see him as the most Technique heavy, bring able to cover a lot of roles

maks

I want Picolo's assist to be him taking a Ki blast.

For Kuririn assist would be cool if he could blind the enemy if they dont block.

brinstar

Here's my pie-in-the-sky roster

Goku
Goku (Super Saiyan Blue)
Vegeta
Vegeta (Super Saiyan Blue)
Gohan
Ultimate Gohan
Trunks
Gotenks
Piccolo
Krillin
Tenshinhan
Nappa
Freeza
Android 17
Android 18
Cell
Majin Buu
Kid Buu
Broly
Bardock
Beerus
Hit
Goku Black

DLC:

Vegetto (Super Saiyan Blue)
Merged Zamasu
Jiren

Zalman

Goku
Goku (Super Saiyan Blue)
Vegeta
Gohan
Ultimate Gohan
Trunks
Gotenks
Piccolo
Krillin
Tenshinhan
Nappa
Freeza
Android 17
Android 18
Cell
Majin Buu
Kid Buu
Broly
Bardock
Beerus
Hit
Goku Black
This is pretty much exactly what I'm thinking. Except Nappa.

Neoxon

Goku
Goku (Super Saiyan Blue)
Vegeta
Gohan
Ultimate Gohan
Trunks
Gotenks
Piccolo
Krillin
Tenshinhan
Nappa
Freeza
Android 17
Android 18
Cell
Majin Buu
Kid Buu
Broly
Bardock
Beerus
Hit
Goku Black

DLC:

Merged Zamasu
Jiren
Swap Nappa for Roshi & make Goku Black SSJR from the start and we're golden.

brinstar

Goku I get, but I really don't get why Vegeta also gets a slot for SSB. :p

I didn't wanna make him jealous

Swap Nappa for Roshi & make Goku Black SSJR from the start and we're golden.

Oh dang I forgot Roshi. I wanted to have the whole U7 team in there, yeah.

I dunno I like base Black a lot for some reason lol. I was envisioning Rose as an install for him but yeah he'd probably have it on as default.

cordy

Banned

Goku
Goku (Super Saiyan Blue)
Vegeta
Gohan
Ultimate Gohan
Trunks
Gotenks
Piccolo
Krillin
Tenshinhan
Nappa
Freeza
Android 17
Android 18
Cell
Majin Buu
Kid Buu
Broly
Bardock
Beerus
Hit
Goku Black

DLC:

Merged Zamasu
Jiren
Take out Broly and put in Ginyu and that's my roster (sans Kid Buu as I put in Super Buu as I think he can have an install where he goes Kid).

LotusHD

Banned
I didn't wanna make him jealous

Like we already pushing it when they don't really do much in the way of different attacks while in SSB, but Goku does notably have SSB Kaio-ken, and he's the main character, not to mention at least one character should obviously show off the new form. Vegeta on the other hand just feels redundant when we have a limited roster to work with.

Neoxon

Good roster but I would remove Black and 17.

Add Roshi and Jaco.

DLC :

Caulifla
Black
Jiren
Janemba
You're already giving up on 17? I don't see how Krillin's current outfit changes anything, especially when we have DBZ Future Trunks & Cell Saga Gohan. And like you said, they probably knew about the U7 team well ahead of schedule.

Don't be like me & overthink it.

Zalman

Like we already pushing it when they don't really do much in the way of different attacks while in SSB, but Goku does notably have SSB Kaio-ken, and he's the main character, not to mention at least one character should obviously show off the new form. Vegeta on the other hand just feels redundant.
I think both Goku and Vegeta SSB are necessary so they can fight each other. Would feel odd if only Goku got it. Plus they might even have their RF outfits which makes it even better.

LotusHD

Banned
I think both Goku and Vegeta SSB are necessary so they can fight each other. Would feel odd if only Goku got it. Plus they might even have their RF outfits which makes it even better.

I guess. I wish they would've just made it so that SSB is a transformation for Goku, though maybe that could still happen? I dunno lol...

Slaythe

You're already giving up on 17? I don't see how Krillin's current outfit changes anything, especially when we have DBZ Future Trunks & Cell Saga Gohan. And like you said, they probably knew about the U7 team well ahead of schedule.

Fully expecting them to toy with my heart till last second with 17 yes.

I'm thinking DLC mostly because I don't see them having planned for him before his return and he wouldn't be part of their single player mode.

Top Bottom