• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

I know he's not going to have crazy supers, but I really, REALLY hope they put Hercule in with that silly jetpack in.

Look at him, he's basically the Dan Hibiki of DBZ, even Krillian could kick his ass.

bumpkin

Are we gunna get any Super characters, lol? Why do they always solely include Z?
Golden Frieza is from Super, so...

I get what you're saying though. Honestly, I'd be perfectly happy with a solid Z-based cast and maybe some DLC later that adds Super like Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta, Beerus, so on and so forth.

Are we gunna get any Super characters, lol? Why do they always solely include Z?

I mean, it's the title of the game and the most iconic Dragon Ball series.

Though I will say Super has to two of my favorite moves. Gohan beating Tien liked he owed him money and Piccolo blasting Gohan with his detached arm.

I know he's not going to have crazy supers, but I really, REALLY hope they put Hercule in with that silly jetpack in.

Look at him, he's basically the Dan Hibiki of DBZ, even Krillian could kick his ass.

How strong is Hercule though? He has won at least one World Martial Arts tournament. If the tournaments were still as crazy as they were in DB then he could be superhuman too, but yeah that doesn't compare at all considering how far everyone has grown since then. Fucking Korin could probably beat him.

How strong is Hercule though? He has won at least one World Martial Arts tournament. If the tournaments were still as crazy as they were in DB then he could be superhuman too, but yeah that doesn't compare at all considering how far everyone has grown since then. Fucking Korin could probably beat him.

I think he's legit very strong for a regular human. He'd probably be top-tier human if he'd take training seriously. Videl was almost there before she turned into a housewife :(

I think he's legit very strong for a regular human. He'd probably be top-tier human if he'd take training seriously. Videl was almost there before she turned into a housewife :(

Yeah if his daughter is that strong he must be because in this show it always seems like the children get stronger faster than their parents. Damn Goten was a Super Sayain at 7 years old while I think Goku must've been like 28 when he became one.

He wasn't familiar with ki blasts or super speed until the Cell Games so it's safe to assume he went up against a pretty lackluster lineup.

Remember when Videl had a personality? We were THIS close to seeing it during those Saiyaman movie episodes in Super (legit the only time I didn't hate Saiyaman).

maks

Strong enough to be the next guest character in Tekken 7! I'd learn more towards Roshi if Dragonball did crossover though. Almost thought it was going to happen during evo when Harada welcomed Hiroki to the stage

Ser Booty

I love Bojack's crew. It'd be great to have them here, given enough roster space left after the mandatory characters have their spots. I prefer Bojack and Zangya, but anything is better than nothing. After the currently confirmed ones, I'd only be reasonably disappointed if Android 18, Piccolo, and at least one surprise don't make the cut (such as Caulifla, Baby, Pan, or a movie character that isn't Cooler or Broly...)

As much as I'd love to see Zangya, she would be even less justified than Kogu, given that she got much less screentime and feats. Her advantage is the fact that the cast will unfortunately skewed male so she may be favored just for the sake of much needed gender diversity.

Off-topic: Can i just express my frustration that a bomb-ass design like Zangya's was wasted in a one-off movie. While it's great that we're seeing more powerful female characters in Super, compare

latest
and
maxresdefault.jpg

I don't mean to shit on Kale/Caulifla's design, but it just hurts even more knowing that a character like Zangya could've actually been explored and be powerful without being Saiyan 2.0 with ass-pull power ups.

Spman2099

I would do something similar for Vegeta... but the list of him getting spanked would be painfully long.

Yamcha deserves a place for two reasons. He has an incredibly visually distinct, and interesting, fighting style. Secondly, and maybe most importantly, because he is a major character in Dragon Ball, which was the best part of all the Dragon Ball series (when martial arts and fantasy were still king, before it was about screaming saiyans). Same reason why Kid Goku, Tenshinhan, and Roshi should also get in.

Giga Man

Sure, but can Yamcha kick Hercule's ass? Hard to tell when Yamchi is too scared to jump off a cliff into a body of water to take a dragon ball from a big pink dragon dinosaur.

PeaceUK

Yeah these two were the obvious choices, no way in hell they weren't going to be in the game.

I suspect the next two will be Tien and 18, after that its a bit of a coin flip.

Card Boy

Banned
Yeah these two were the obvious choices, no way in hell they weren't going to be in the game.

I suspect the next two will be Tien and 18, after that its a bit of a coin flip.

I can see Tien and 18 been in easy. Yamcha/Chaozu? Not sure, 17 has a high chance i think. We will probably get Gotenks instead of Goten or Young Trunks. Captain Ginyu might be in with a small chance. Gogeta/Vegito could have a chance.

Would be sick if they can get all characters from this gif at least.

f9c15c62826f1263292978140eb78a3f919d8bab_hq.gif

Slaythe

I can see Tien and 18 been in easy. Yamcha/Chaozu? Not sure, 17 has a high chance i think. We will probably get Gotenks instead of Goten or Young Trunks. Captain Ginyu might be in with a small chance. Gogeta/Vegito could have a chance.

Would be sick if they can get all characters from this gif at least.

f9c15c62826f1263292978140eb78a3f919d8bab_hq.gif

Chaozu should certainly not steal anybody's spot on the roster. Make him a Tien assist and call it a day.

He hasn't really fought properly after that one Krilin fight.

Bunga

I don't normally play fighting games, or at least I haven't in the last decade, but this is hitting some serious nostalgia. The action seems mega frantic though, not sure I would keep up with people playing this. Do people still use sticks for fighting games rather than pads generally speaking?

BlizzKrut

Banned
I don't normally play fighting games, or at least I haven't in the last decade, but this is hitting some serious nostalgia. The action seems mega frantic though, not sure I would keep up with people playing this. Do people still use sticks for fighting games rather than pads generally speaking?

People use both, use what you like the most.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Speaking of Satan, I think most DB characters could beat him. Chi Chi, Tao Pai Pai for sure, General Blue, Videl even before being trained by Gohan. Hell, hes probably weaker than the Son Goku that was beaten by Yamcha in the first few DB episodes

PeaceUK

Pads have become a lot more popular in the past 5 years, in fact a lot of western top players use them now.

Its truly personal preference.

Bunga

Thanks for the replies guys, guess what I was asking was - if I picked this up, would I be handicapped against loads of people using sticks! Glad to hear pads are picking up.

Top Bottom