• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Nezzhil

Would be sick if they can get all characters from this gif at least.

As a Dragon Ball Z fighter with a limited roster, I don't mind Tenshinhan, but Chaos and Yamcha doesn't do anything in Z. So I think the Androids, Gotenks, Ginyu squad (all 5 together), another Buu, and some Super/Movie characters are better fighters for this game.

LotusHD

Banned
I can see Tien and 18 been in easy. Yamcha/Chaozu? Not sure, 17 has a high chance i think. We will probably get Gotenks instead of Goten or Young Trunks. Captain Ginyu might be in with a small chance. Gogeta/Vegito could have a chance.

f9c15c62826f1263292978140eb78a3f919d8bab_hq.gif

All about this team now for me at the very least:

Sorry not sorry Yamcha

PeaceUK

Thanks for the replies guys, guess what I was asking was - if I picked this up, would I be handicapped against loads of people using sticks! Glad to hear pads are picking up.

You wouldn't be at all purely from a controller standpoint, but if someones using a fightstick chances are they've been playing fighting games for a decent amount of time and will probably be better than you experience wise.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
My god Gohan and Yamcha look identical on those....

You ... never noticed that before?

I was always disappointed Gohan went back to the Goku aesthetic, his Piccolo based outfit at the beginning of the Buu saga was my favorite.

Goddamn Im still pissed at Videls character development death. Japanese culture and their whole "you're married and a mom now, your life is over!"

Slaythe

Gohan is clearly part saiyan. The real twist is that Goku isn't the father, but the mother, with Yamcha being the father. Chichi isn't part of the equation at all. People always forget just how alien Goku is.

Which makes Dr brief trunks' real father and is why he has purple hair..... Vegeta hid his game well...

Also, krilin's costume should be interesting. If it's RoF I'll start panicking and praying to DLC god for 17 since he's literally the only one not in RoF from U7.

Mugy

I like making fantasy rosters. So in a 24-26 roster for fighterZ, i'll be happy with this:

SSJ Goku
Super Vegeta
Cell
Freezer
Teen Gohan
Majin Buu
SSJ Trunks
Piccolo
Krillin
Android 18
Android 17
Ultimate Gohan
Gotenks SSJ3
Tien
Kid Buu
Janemba
LSSJ Broly
Beerus
Hit
Pikkon
Tao-Pai Pai
Dabura

DLC:

Goku Black
SSJ Vegetto
SSB Goku
SSB Vegeta

Having too much saiyans i think would hurt the game.

Mugy

Having pikkon in would hurt the game

At least guy had variety of moves. His attack are fancy and unique. I don't think hes a bad choice. Yeah in the end we dould have probably all the saiyans, but for what? all of them would probably use the same attacks.

Different hitboxes, different combos and hit and lows. But this game needs variations. We can put all the saiyans in later expansions (if they do like BlazBlue). But for the moment i think the ones that already are confirmed (and Gotenks probably), are enough.

CryptiK

I can see Tien and 18 been in easy. Yamcha/Chaozu? Not sure, 17 has a high chance i think. We will probably get Gotenks instead of Goten or Young Trunks. Captain Ginyu might be in with a small chance. Gogeta/Vegito could have a chance.

f9c15c62826f1263292978140eb78a3f919d8bab_hq.gif
Just noticed Goku has SS2 hair for like one frame there.

Spman2099

As a Dragon Ball Z fighter with a limited roster, I don't mind Tenshinhan, but Chaos and Yamcha doesn't do anything in Z. So I think the Androids, Gotenks, Ginyu squad (all 5 together), another Buu, and some Super/Movie characters are better fighters for this game.

That is why it is important to pull from Dragon Ball as well. The characters had more distinct, defined styles. Yamcha brings a lot visually to the game and Dragon Ball still matters.

I mean, there is a solid chance that Yamcha won't make it, so you may get your wish, but I don't think the roster will be better for it.

You know whats funny about this. is when i was younger watching Z, I always wondered why Gohan, and Yamchu always had the same haircuts?

Gohan was CLEARLY a huge Yamcha fan. He copied his hair multiple times. To be fair, Yamcha is the coolest looking of all the characters.

I-hate-u

Yayy for Piccolo and Krillin. Next character announcement should be a villian, so I am guessing Beerus.

Also I am fine if Yamucha is in as long as it's this Yamucha

Yamcha+&+Puar.jpg

I wonder if when they say Krillen's disks are "impossible to guard against" they'll mean it this time.

I thought they said that for Frieza's disks too but they can be blocked both ways iirc

Honestly I think it's a cool angle for a character. Especially in a game with such a large vertical play area and high character mobility

If Krillin's disks are really unblockable, I wonder how they will work when you're locking the opponent down with an assist like Vegeta. If they are busy blocking Vegeta assist's blast, can you hit them with a free disk?

Alienous

I like making fantasy rosters. So in a 24-26 roster for fighterZ, i'll be happy with this:

SSJ Goku
Super Vegeta
Cell
Freezer
Teen Gohan
Majin Buu
SSJ Trunks
Piccolo
Krillin
Android 18
Android 17 16
Ultimate Gohan
Gotenks SSJ3 SSJ1
Tien
Kid Buu
Janemba - ideal, but I doubt it'll happen
LSSJ Broly
Beerus
Hit
Pikkon Goku Black
Tao-Pai Pai
Dabura
+ Yamcha

DLC:

Goku Black
SSJ Vegetto
SSB Goku
SSB Vegeta
SSJ Caulifla
Android 17

Having too much saiyans i think would hurt the game.

That would be my 'ideal' roster, within reason.

Nezzhil

That is why it is important to pull from Dragon Ball as well. The characters had more distinct, defined styles. Yamcha brings a lot visually to the game and Dragon Ball still matters.

I mean, there is a solid chance that Yamcha won't make it, so you may get your wish, but I don't think the roster will be better for it.

After Namek's arc, my fav episodes are the original Dragon Ball ones, so I don't have any problem with Yamcha. But since this game seems to be focused in Dragon Ball Z, I don't think that Z's Yamcha would be the most interesting one.

If Krillin's disks are really unblockable, I wonder how they will work when you're locking the opponent down with an assist like Vegeta. If they are busy blocking Vegeta assist's blast, can you hit them with a free disk?

Lol, that sounds broken. Is there an equivalent to dead angle attack or alpha counter to get out of pressure in this game?

Zerojul

Makankosappo gets more powerful with a longer charge, kienzans are unblockable.
Piccolo has gekiretsukodan, Krillin has kamehameha and the attack he uses in saibaimen.
Piccolo has stretchy arms, Krillin uses zanzouken.

Thatanas

Oh no, Krillin uses his new design? Man, he sucks, Super and all. Yuck.

Good additions, looking to be two unique and essential fighters once again.

Slaythe

I wonder why hell grenade isn't mentioned, he had it.

Also, I guess 17's chances just died with Krilin's costume.

But probably boosted his DLC chances because he's gonna be the only member of U7 not playable.

I wonder why hell grenade isn't mentioned, he had it.

Also, I guess 17's chances just died with Krilin's costume.

But probably boosted his DLC chances because he's gonna be the only member of U7 not playable.

How does Krillin using his most recent outfit kill 17's chances?

And since when do we know that Ten and Roshi are in the game?

Slaythe

How does Krillin using his most recent outfit kill 17's chances?

Because 18 is probably gonna have her bog design.

So they won't try to get 17 there for her, which makes 17's Super design the only 17 they'd bother adding.

And since they had already planned for characters before he came back, DLC is his only chance.

Top Bottom