• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

HardRojo

Wouldn't mind this. His aura in base is so fucking cool.

4c7d8415a1d7d4d0b754140f71bbdd460f4e0f67_hq.gif
"This pain makes me stronger!"

RocBase

How would people feel if Blue was just an alt color and didn't change how the characters played?

Honestly this is what I would expect and makes the most sense to me, since I haven't really seen anything of note unique to that form - beyond being blue of course. But there seems to be an unsaid certainty among posters that he's apparently already in, so oh well.

Honestly this is what I would expect and makes the most sense to me, since I haven't really seen anything of note unique to that form - beyond being blue of course. But there seems to be an unsaid certainty among posters that he's apparently already in, so oh well.
This alone makes Blue worth it as a character.
E5BuTso.gif

BossRush

No offense I'd much rather have 16 and 18 over 17. 17's cool I guess but he only fights once in Z right? Or I guess twice if you count him getting whupped by Future Trunks at the end of the Android saga.

16 has hells flash and rocket punch and stuff, 18...well, she'd probably share moves with 17 right?

Neoxon

No offense I'd much rather have 16 and 18 over 17. 17's cool I guess but he only fights once in Z right? Or I guess twice if you count him getting whupped by Future Trunks at the end of the Android saga.

16 has hells flash and rocket punch and stuff, 18...well, she'd probably share moves with 17 right?
No, no they wouldn't.

Had a dream the next character revealed was Hit.

This would make me happy.
If he's in I wonder what stance they'll pick and what his intro will be. I also wonder if he'd be based entirely on the Champa arc or if they'd be able to get some of his stuff from his two-parter back in December.

17 and 18 are polar opposites.

He fought against Piccolo (one of the most memorable fights in Z), Tenshinhan, Cell and destroyed Gero in the present, and I guess all Z Warriors + Gohan and Trunks in the future. Plus he's back in action in Super. Android 16 is the one who only had like one fight in Z. And 17 got unique moves compared to 16 and 18. Let's hope they include the whole trio!

Slaythe

You know what would be funny, if 17 has a "barrier" move from Guilty Gear. Like literally you hold block + two buttons and you have a barrier that nullifies damage for meter.

He's using it left and right in Super so it would be cool to have it as tool rather than a "super".

LotusHD

Banned

Only like one person here might actually get offended over that lol

That said, I rather have 17 over 16, even if 16 comes across as being more "unique".

HardRojo

Maybe they'll work around it by having SSB Vegito instead.

IF (big if) we get SSB Vegeta, Goku and Vegito all in the base roster... DAYUM! I'll be the happiest person handing over his money to a company for a game.

This dude needs to be in!

Code:
[IMG]https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/dbz-dokkanbattle/images/2/21/Ultimate_Blue_Ki_Super_Saiyan_God_Super_Vegito.png[/IMG]

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont want to live in a world where all 3 androids arent in.

its 16, 17 and 18 or nothing for me :(

patchday

wow I better get caught up on DBZ super since lots of references to it here. I'm still on like ep #10. I've only seen 18 so far lol

Fj0823

wow I better get caught up on DBZ super since lots of references to it here. I'm still on like ep #10. I've only seen 18 so far lol

No. Stop.

No need to suffer episodes 1-27 like us fools did, just watch the 2 latest movies Battle of the Gods and Resurrection F then jump to episode 28 of Super

First 27 episodes are a bad remake of those 2 movies. 28 onwards is really good

Regarding characters I agree kid Goku would be better movewise than SSB

IF (big if) we get SSB Vegeta, Goku and Vegito all in the base roster... DAYUM! I'll be the happiest person handing over his money to a company for a game.

This dude needs to be in!

Code:
[IMG]https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/dbz-dokkanbattle/images/2/21/Ultimate_Blue_Ki_Super_Saiyan_God_Super_Vegito.png[/IMG]

Add Black to that list and we are golden.

TreIII

It was Chuck Huber who was loose-lipped, so you'd be better of getting something out of Jeremy Inman (16's English VA).

Very true! But my angle is...Tenshinhan is already pretty much confirmed, and Midorikawa took over his role after Hirotaka Suzuoki's passing. If 16 gets in too, then that's double duty for him.

You get him to talk about the game in general, and who knows, maybe he may let something else slip. He's done teases of that sort at times when it comes to Super Robot Taisen, at the very least.

blakep267

Maybe it was answered. It how likely is it that the characters would have Alt costumes and not just color swaps. For example Vegetables would have the saiyan saga armor, buu saga tank etc.
in some of the E3 vids goku was wearing a random green gi

Injustice 2 gave me the itch for customization but idk if ASW would have that in mind

Slaythe

Maybe it was answered. It how likely is it that the characters would have Alt costumes and not just color swaps. For example Vegetables would have the saiyan saga armor, buu saga tank etc.

Injustice 2 gave me the itch for customization but idk if ASW would have that in mind

The green costume you saw was a color swap. The game will have 0 customization and alt costumes are too much work.

Some versions of characters will probably end up making it in, probably with DLC, long after the game launches (Super Trunks, Blue Goku, Super's 17 etc...) but don't expect Saiyan saga Vegeta and Buu saga Vegeta.

patchday

No. Stop.

No need to suffer episodes 1-27 like us fools did, just watch the 2 latest movies Battle of the Gods and Resurrection F then jump to episode 28 of Super

First 27 episodes are a bad remake of those 2 movies. 28 onwards is really good

Regarding characters I agree kid Goku would be better movewise than SSB

interesting, I did think the first few eps were bad and stopped watching (but always had the intent to come back someday when I had no other anime to watch lol). I was wondering was it rehashing those movies. Thanks man you have saved me valuable time which I do not take lightly. <high five!>

TreIII

Kid Goku needs to be in, either the base game or DLC but he needs to be there.

For the sake of this game having any "classic" Dragon Ball representation, I really hope so, too.

With Tao already being out, and Chi-Chi (a la Super DBZ) probably not all that likely, my hopes are pretty much reserved for Kid Goku and the Pilaf Trio in a Mech, at this point.

SkyOdin

Based on things people have said previously, it is very unlikely. The way ArcSys creates the hand-drawn look of their models involves a lot of work doing the shading on each frame by hand.

Slaythe

For the sake of this game having any "classic" Dragon Ball representation, I really hope so, too.

With Tao already being out, and Chi-Chi (a la Super DBZ) probably not all that likely, my hopes are pretty much reserved for Kid Goku and the Pilaf Trio in a Mech, at this point.

Krilin Tien Piccolo and Roshi fit the "Dragon Ball" part really. There are good chances Yamcha is in because the voice actor said he had an intense recording session.

Needless to say there hasn't been anything Yamcha related in the anime or games lately so that's the only thing left.

blakep267

Based on things people have said previously, it is very unlikely. The way ArcSys creates the hand-drawn look of their models involves a lot of work doing the shading on each frame by hand.

The green costume you saw was a color swap. The game will have 0 customization and alt costumes are too much work.

Some versions of characters will probably end up making it in, probably with DLC, long after the game launches (Super Trunks, Blue Goku, Super's 17 etc...) but don't expect Saiyan saga Vegeta and Buu saga Vegeta.
That sucks but I guess it's understandable. Still can't imagine playing a fighting game with little customization or alt outfits

TreIII

Krilin Tien Piccolo and Roshi fit the "Dragon Ball" part really. There are good chances Yamcha is in because the voice actor said he had an intense recording session.

Needless to say there hasn't been anything Yamcha related in the anime or games lately so that's the only thing left.

The characters are one thing, but for me, it's seeing if they'll utilize moves from the DB-era, as well. That's what I want to see the most.

If say, Piccolo, has a super where he turns giant, or delivers an abridged version of the utter smackdown he gave Goku near the end of the 23rd tournament, excellent! But I'm not seeing much evidence of that, yet, at least going by the scans shown so far.

Tenshinhan pretty much needs the "4 arms" technique, as well.

I have some tiny amount of hope for original Dragon Ball representatives in the roster because what appears to be Muscle Tower is in one of the screenshots of the online lobby. So they aren't ignoring DB entirely, at the very least. If not characters, maybe stages or somethin'.

Gaf, me and my friend were thinking about starting a dragonball fighterz blog as part of a side passion project. We have quite alot of spare time over the summer before September.

Strangely enough, we cant decide on a name for the domain. Any ideas? I dont think its legal to have the dragon ball name in the url according something i read on funimation a while ago.

thanks in advance for any ideas.

Eylos

Banned
Gaf, me and my friend were thinking about starting a dragonball fighterz blog as part of a side passion project. We have quite alot of spare time over the summer before September.

Strangely enough, we cant decide on a name for the domain. Any ideas? I dont think its legal to have the dragon ball name in the url according something i read on funimation a while ago.

thanks in advance for any ideas.

Dragon fighterz
Tien the strongest human
Yamcha did nothing wrong
Dbs >dbgt

Top Bottom