• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

cordy

Banned
Ah yeah, I wouldn't doubt their inclusion because they were always in older tradition DB 2D fighters. I only use GAF at work, so I don't see anything posted on weekends or after 5pm EST haha. Sorry for reposting old info!

RIP 17 though. I don't think anyone on the planet would want Super 17. Especially over normal 17...

Definitely a great thing to post since more people need to know where it came from so it's good you posted it!

Karsha

Tbh if the game plot is around androids I'd take Super 17, he has all of 17 moves + machineguns black death ball and crazy shit and I kinda like his design (even though his arc might be the worst in all of DB...). Damn throw in Super 13 too and have as a final boss some new character that controls them or something. The plot in the arc games is kinda good, anime style but good so there's that.

Puruzi

Banned
I think of one of 5 people who would be totally ok with this

super 17 is terrible but I might be okay with it just because of how hilarious it would be

DHdk4iRW0AEdIAo.jpg

DHdljOdXoAAH-xZ.jpg

Man this is some kind of nightmare.

It perfectly explains why 17 wasn't included with 16 and 18 too.

And they'll always justify never making regular 17 playable "cause we already made one" despite having 14 Gokus 3 Gohan 5 Vegetas etc... in the game cause that's fine.

Feeling sick.

If it's really like this it's gonna be some next level trolling.

kGCioL2.gif

Neoxon

Honestly, I'd be okay with 17 as DLC if it ensures that we get DBS 17. Half of the cool shit that I want for 17 was introduced too recently to be included in the base roster. Plus I love his new outfit (I generally like the slimmer look for 17).

cordy

Banned
Super 17 will be the final boss of this game and he'll die at the end.

Then in the sequel Super's Tournament 17 will be playable instead with the text "not like the old 17, this one's brand new!!!" next to his V-JUMP reveal. It's like taking Kazuya and Jun out of Tekken and bringing in Jin for Tekken 3.

Damn.

Alienous

'Super Androids' doesn't suggest GT's Super 17 to me. DB Super is new territory to explore - they're not going to drudge up Dragon Ball's 'prequel trilogy' when they have a 'sequel trilogy' to work with.

I'm guessing the general idea is that Dragon Ball villains are revived as androids.

mas8705

Yall really need to calm down before making assumptions lol.

nothing is yet confirmed.

Chill guys

vHMZH7.png

Sarcasm aside though, I do wonder if this will still confirm 17 in the long run and that they just wanted to show off 16 and 18 first. Still, I'm sure they should have known the wording and how putting the words "Super Androids" would cause fans to suffer horrible GT flashbacks...

Seriously, guys, those are the Super Androids. They're just the characters in black outfits.

They're just an excuse to make a story mode with the minimal number of characters required.

They probably don't have anything to do with GT's Super 17.

Edit: Eh sorry forgot about the no scans thing.

NEO0MJ

I guess people should know that in Blazblue two new characters were already part of an older character's moveset so 17 showing up in 18's super doesn't mean he can't show up later as a character.

Yet they leave the strongest one as an assist.

What?

Wasn't 16 the strongest Android?

Alienous

Seriously, guys, those are the Super Androids. They're just the characters in black outfits.

They're just an excuse to make a story mode with the minimal number of characters required.

Using that 22 (-ish) character roster to its fullest.

Basing the story mode on palette swaps.

Edit: Eh sorry forgot about the no scans thing.

Def a very preemptive freakout, but I don't think it's completely out of the question to have Super 17 at the center of this story mode. They did say they wanted to please all DB fans from every era.

Slaythe

Honestly, I'd be okay with 17 as DLC if it ensures that we get DBS 17. Half of the cool shit that I want for 17 was introduced too recently to be included in the base roster. Plus I love his new outfit (I generally like the slimmer look for 17).

None of the things he did in Super are "new" though. It's mostly new applications of things he had done in the past.

So they could always make a Z version that takes advantage of this. Later on give him a costume with new super and specials that are taken from DBS more specifically. (cause I assume he'll do much more)

cordy

Banned
Wasn't 16 the strongest Android?

He was in Z out of the 3.

Afterwards 18 had a family with Krillin,16 was dead and 17 just kept training so now he's by far the strongest. Who knows what would have happened if the other 2 stayed alive.

Slaythe

Afterwards 18 had a family with Krillin,16 was dead and 17 just kept training so now he's by far the strongest. Who knows what would have happened if the other 2 stayed alive.

Holy shit you're savage.

Anyway, nothing.

16 is a machine, unlike 17 and 18. Toriyama stated the reason they can get stronger through training is thanks to the fact they are living beings.

And 17 is naturally stronger than 18.

main-qimg-c807c0622cc03995066ed72b8f06e17f-c

Jarate

Banned
I'm glad that they are going to use canon from every Dragon Ball media. I like all the GT villains (just like I like all the movie villains) so I'm fine with them being included.

This just raises the chances of Pikkon tho fam

NEO0MJ

Yeah that's what I meant. In super 18 and especially 18 got a power boost. Like Slaythe said because 16 was fully mechanical he can't get stronger on his own and I don't think Bulma has the know-how to upgrade him.

cordy

Banned
Holy shit you're savage.

Anyway, nothing.

16 is a machine, unlike 17 and 18. Toriyama stated the reason they can get stronger through training is thanks to the fact they are living beings.

I love 18 and her dynamic with Krillin but she's just different now compared to the past. I mean it is what it is. She's still cool.

And makes sense.

Morlas

Holy shit you're savage.

Anyway, nothing.

there's also the fact that she doesn't care that much about fighting for fighting's sake so she didn't keep up with her training like 17 did...though who knows what she's been doing since the start of super

Also I was really hoping they would go with the 18 outfit in the pic Slaythe posted. I knew it would be the "iconic" one, but that one is sooo much better.

Top Bottom