• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Neoxon

You guys are just setting yourselves up to get burned once they start trotting out a bunch of popular characters as DLC, or in a followup title a year or so from now. Bandai-Namco know how popular these characters are, and you can bet people will fork over the cash for them. The fanbase is rabid for all things Dragonball at the moment.
Maybe you could make an argument for Black & Hit (but even then, it'd be somewhat unlikely), but not Beerus.

If Videl is in, give her either the ponytails or the saiyagirl outfit. Get creative with her moves, give her that legs around gohans head as a suplex or something

Zubz

Banned
Man, I'm really hoping we get Videl. She & Saiyaman were probably my favorite part about the Buu Saga.

That includes everything about Buu himself (Well, Mr. Satan using his dad powers to rehabilitate Buu wasn't bad).

Remove Broly & I agree. I'm assuming this means the base roster.

I dunno, I'd say I'm more confident in Broly than Gotenks. Terrible character or not, people love him.

Neoxon

I dunno, I'd say I'm more confident in Broly than Gotenks. Terrible character or not, people love him.
And that's the exact kind of bait Bamco can use for DLC.

As for Gotenks, I'd be surprised if they weren't in the base roster.

All I am saying is that characters were moving super fast, and jumping super high, WAY before flying was a thing in the series. There is nothing that would even mildly hinder Kid Goku, Roshi, or any of the other significant Dragon Ball characters from making the list. I just don't see how they would have to "go out of their way" to include any of them.

As an example, here is a Dragon Ball scrub "jumping"...

Mr Satan can jump high

Zubz

Banned
And that's the exact kind of bait Bamco can use for DLC.

As for Gotenks, I'd be surprised if they weren't in the base roster.

Oh, I absolutely expect Gotenks, as well. I'm just saying, I feel Broly is too likely. Granted, he's easy DLC bait, but I can see him being like Goro where he's 100% finished by Day 1 & is added as a pre-order bonus... As much as I hate that business model.

grappler videl.
with a great Saiyawoman super !

I'm really digging this idea of Videl being a completely projectile-free fighter. And ArcSys likes mechanically unusual characters, right?

Mr Satan can jump high

This poster is making the right points.

You guys are just setting yourselves up to get burned once they start trotting out a bunch of popular characters as DLC, or in a followup title a year or so from now. Bandai-Namco know how popular these characters are, and you can bet people will fork over the cash for them. The fanbase is rabid for all things Dragonball at the moment.

Wanna bet?

I think the difference here is that characters here take a lot more effort to make. If they purely wanted a vehicle to sell a massive amount of DLC characters they wouldn't have partnered with ArcSys to make a game that looks like this.

They'd just....you know....make another Xenoverse

This is also why I find this discussion of "base roster" characters vs dlc characters like there's some meaningful distinction between the two in terms of importance or priority. That's just....not how things work for these games.

LOL look at this crap I found on Facebook.

xfQdSp5.png

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Is there a stated reason why he doesn't bother to learn how to fly even though his knowledge of ki should probably let him do it fairly easily?

Mugy

The only characters i want for FighterZ at this point, at least at launch are:

Hit
Goku Black
Beerus
Janemba
Ultimate Gohan

The rest can be either DLC or a update version of the game similar to Guilty Gear.

Skronk

Banned
I don't know why everyone is getting hung up on the whole flying thing. In all the game footage I've seen nobody has done anything I would class as flying. Dashing towards someone could easily be a jump for all we know.

Anime characters (including Roshi) fly through the air or float all the time for numerous reasons.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I don't know why everyone is getting hung up on the whole flying thing. In all the game footage I've seen nobody has done anything I would class as flying. Dashing towards someone could easily be a jump for all we know.

Anime characters (including Roshi) fly through the air or float all the time for numerous reasons.

Super dash is flying.

Baleoce

Got to play this at EGX last week. So satisfying to play. The chasedown mechanic, the teleporting, assist super canceling (for want of a better term, the one where you can do consecutive supers with your team). Everything about this game is top notch so far. Animation is like butter, and all the manga references are a delight to see. My mate actually got to use the Trunks super on my Frieza and just shouted out "Hey Frieza!" and it was enough to kill me xD We had a good giggle, and everyone around us was like o_O

Top Bottom