• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

is this the thing you guys are talking about?

DLPdl9bUEAAe46H.jpg

looks like GRD from UNIEL/ST to me

It's from the future trunks special

Rutger

Banned
Broly just ain't the character that I would be betting against. Like, at all. I think his inclusion is inevitable.

I'm not saying he wont be in. I think he has a decent shot since he can fill the big slow over muscled grappler that Arcsys likes to have more than anything else.

I'm just saying that it wouldn't be the first time a popular character didn't make it in a fighting game.

Uraizen

Banned
....What looks unbalanced?

Literally all we know is where the gauge is, and that it does something.

Holy shit people

Seems to work with the combo counter. When someone got a 10+ hit combo it gave them the one star, 30+ got them the three star, and 70+ got them the seven star. However it didn't seem to give them to either specific player. It just was put into the bar down there.

Y'all are more than free to like Broly, but some of y'all need to stop acting so offended that not everyone does, or that they like Kale more

I see way more people putting down Broly in this thread any chance they get than the former. It's almost a parody, write how much you love super then "P.S. Broly sucks."

Puruzi

Banned
What does it do?

You get some of that bar when you do different actions, if you have more of the bar than the opponent when the circle in the middle fills you get an attack power bonus. You also get a thing called chain shift which lets you cancel a move and it converts the amount of bar you have into the super meter

It's weird to explain but you can watch this if you want, the moment where the explanations start is timestamped

https://youtu.be/lT81K40ew3s?t=85

HardRojo

You get some of that bar when you do different actions, if you have more of the bar than the opponent when the circle in the middle fills you get an attack power bonus. You also get a thing called chain shift which lets you cancel a move and it converts the amount of bar you have into the super meter

It's weird to explain but you can watch this if you want, the moment where the explanations start is timestamped

I see, that's an interesting mechanic than actually contains a few others lol canceling and parrying.

Spman2099

Nah, if he was basically Dragon Ball Z, his most powerful form would be less intimidating looking.

He basically just looks like bulky Trunks without a shirt or pupils...

Beyond that, his main method of intimidation is screaming. Which, you know, is basically how people say hello in DBZ.

Beyond that, his main method of intimidation is screaming. Which, you know, is basically how people say hello in DBZ.

The entire point of bulky Trunks was that the form was useless. Toriyama likes to make his most powerful characters small and sometimes silly to contrast.

Frieza most powerful form is his least complex. Majin Buu's most dangerous(DANGEROUS not powerful back off) form looks like a child etc.

Rutger

Banned
Yep, and it's been called worthless multiple times.
The entire point of bulky Trunks was that the form was useless. Toriyama likes to make his most powerful characters small and sometimes silly to contrast.

Frieza most powerful form is his least complex. Majin Buu's most dangerous(DANGEROUS not powerful back off) form looks like a child etc.
Yep.

The series starts off with Goku being unexpectedly strong for how he looks. It's an intentional contrast with heroes like Kenshiro in FotNS. Looks being deceiving is something all over the series, and Broly missed the joke.

RocBase

damn that's some rad stuff. i really should check out uniel

cfscorpio

Neo Member
This game looks incredible, I can't wait to play it. I really wish I could have applied for the beta on the Xbox One but it seemed as though it was just a random selection from Insider memebers. (I've been one for years) Oh well.

There are 3 characters that I think should absolutely make the roster that would make this game complete for me at launch.

Gotenks
Beerus
Kid Buu

Hope they make it in!

This game looks incredible, I can't wait to play it. I really wish I could have applied for the beta on the Xbox One but it seemed as though it was just a random selection from Insider memebers. (I've been one for years) Oh well.

There are 3 characters that I think should absolutely make the roster that would make this game complete for me at launch.

Gotenks
Beerus
Kid Buu

Hope they make it in!

Pretty much locks. You'll be fine.

We don't need Nappa's weak ass. Same with Raditz.

They all have different fighting styles and powers. Nappa has a mouth beam. How would he play any different?

He will have mouth beam as level 1 and that ground eruption technique he used against Goku as level 3. He'll have electricity based attacks that can disable opponents (look at what he did to Tenshinhan's arm!). Give him super armor to tank ki blast ala final Kikohou and Chouzu's suicide attack. And give him a grappling elbow for people who try to grab his tail.

Zubz

Banned
If we get a Kid Goku, it has to be DB's. He has a wider move range with the Oozaru & Power Pole, not to mention the more iconic design. Besides, they can easily spread out different iterations' Gokus by giving GT a permanently SSJ4 Goku. People love SSJ4, as edgy as it is. Even if Goku's a kid for most of GT, that red apeman is the version of Goku everyone remembers from that show. But for DB, people remember the classic design, tail & all.

Gotenks
Beerus
Kid Buu

Hope they make it in!

I don't think you have to worry about either of those 3. They're all mechanically interesting, plot-relevant, & beloved by fans.

The only thing going against any of them is Kid Buu probably not going to be the "Always Be Rushdownin'" character my friends & I immediately & collectively expected because that's what they used to describe Yamcha. But out of those 3, he's most likely because Buu is differentiated from another Buu we haven't seen yet on the website (Same for Gohan, so... woo!)

Nimby

Banned
I don't know if it was noticed in the scans, but the developers specifically said to GI that Android 21 was "designed to compete" with the other characters. So playable 21 is somewhat confirmed.

Zubz

Banned
I don't know if it was noticed in the scans, but the developers specifically said to GI that Android 21 was "designed to compete" with the other characters. So playable 21 is somewhat confirmed.

I caught that! I had a strong suspicion she was playable, but it's always nice to see more proof.

In the game informer trailer she seemed to be doing a match start animation

TreIII

As much as I want to believe that, I don't think that's a definitive answer to say that's she playable.

It does, in my eyes, suggest that she's at least going to be a boss, at first (and then you have to unlock her). Not unlike how Labrys was in the original arcade version of P4U/P4A, before she joined the cast properly in the home version.

Nimby

Banned
As much as I want to believe that, I don't think that's a definitive answer to say that's she playable.

It does, in my eyes, suggest that she's at least going to be a boss, at first (and then you have to unlock her). Not unlike how Labrys was in the original arcade version of P4U/P4A, before she joined the cast properly in the home version.

Literally in every ArcSys game, the final fight is a female. They're not always bad characters, like Labrys, but it's a pretty interesting connection. That scan also said she was a villain.

Spman2099

I have no idea.

I would like for GT kid Goku to be in to rep GT and kid Goku.

Two birds with one stone.

We don't agree on a lot of things Undead. We just have different opinions, and that is okay. Well... it was okay. It is now officially not okay. This opinion is unacceptable. If they pull from GT for Kid Goku's moveset then you just ruin him. He is FAR less interesting.

Give him a GT costume. Sure. Whatever. He looks fine in GT. But it can ONLY be superficial. Also, it should clearly be DLC, not his base costume.

God... why are you doing this to me, Undead? WHY?

We have Krillin and Yaumcha and Tenshinhan, but you complain about Nappa. Interesting.

Those three characters you listed are WAY more diverse than nearly every character introduced in DBZ. All three have more techniques and moves, that are more distinct, than even Vegeta (who obviously got tons of screen time in DBZ).

You may not like them, but they have so much to pull from. Basically, it would have been a tremendous mistake to not include them.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Undead Fantasy do you know something we don't know or are you just fucking around?

Just sayin you're playing a dangerous game here if you act like you have some insider info when you don't.

Top Bottom