• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

DrDogg

You'd think they would announce her as playable with the reveal, but her moveset may not be complete yet.

It's hard to believe they'd go through the trouble of adding a brand new character, design by Toriyama, make her female to fill that hole... and then not have her playable.

I'm guessing she's unlocked like SSB.

patchday

You'd think they would announce her as playable with the reveal, but her moveset may not be complete yet.

It's hard to believe they'd go through the trouble of adding a brand new character, design by Toriyama, make her female to fill that hole... and then not have her playable.

I'm guessing she's unlocked like SSB.

Exactly!

And I played BlazBlue (first ver). Yes he was introduced years ago but perhaps their intent was for him to be a special story character (not to mention I had no desire to play as him but in this game we have only 1 female). I don't think that's the case with this new character but we'll see soon

cordy

Banned
Ultimate Gohan, Gotenks and Kid Buu will be in the game. Don't go against these three. Same with Beerus, Black, Hit and Broly. If I only had 7 more characters to guess for this game? It would be those 7.

Idk, some characters you don't go against even if you don't want them in the game. These 7 fit that bill.

Ultimate Gohan, Gotenks and Kid Buu will be in the game. Don't go against these three. Same with Beerus, Black, Hit and Broly. If I only had 7 more characters to guess for this game? It would be those 7.

Idk, some characters you don't go against even if you don't want them in the game. These 7 fit that bill.

tumblr_myxsfovPXl1risusro1_250.gif

Gotenks
Kid Buu
U.Gohan
Beerus

After that it's a toss up.

Fj0823

Well said.

It's hard to bet on any other character besides those

Supast4r

Okay, these characters will be left from the base roster. You can quote me on this that most of these will be spot on

1) roshi
2)nappa
3) ginyu with ginyu force.
4) doubler
5) kaioshin with or without kibito
6) ultimate gohan
7) beerus
8) super buu
9) gotenks

On the fence about raditz. Probably won't make it due to lack of unique moveset. Same for uubu.
My top 10 hopes to get in in no order:

1: Roshi
2: Dabura
3: Ginyu
4: Bulma
5: Beerus
6: Gotenks
7: Mr. Satan
8: Emperor Pilaf
9: Goku Black
10:Chi Chi

I feel like most of those characters would have very interesting movesets

Supast4r

There is NO WAY that Mr. Satan and Roshi sit this one out. Those two will make the roster

Nimby

Banned
Rate this roster! I don't know much about DB after Frieza, so I looked up stuff on each character besides "the locks." Tried to be as diverse as possible. This makes 25 characters.

Android 21
Beerus
Captain Ginyu
Dabura
Goku Black
Gotenks
Hit
Kid Buu
Towa
Ultimate Gohan

DrDogg

If we're going with 10 more...

My Wish List
  1. Gotenks
  2. Bulma
  3. Ginyu (with Ginyu Force assists/supers)
  4. Chi Chi (original Dragon Ball)
  5. Majin Vegeta (separate character because it's my wish list and I do what I want)
  6. Future Mai
  7. Mr. Satan
  8. Hit
  9. Beerus (with Whis assist)
  10. King Kai (with Bubbles and Gregory assists/supers)
My Realistic Final 10
  1. Gotenks
  2. Ultimate Gohan
  3. Beerus (with Whis assist)
  4. Broly/Kale
  5. Hit
  6. Goku Black
  7. Kid Buu
  8. Bulma, Chi Chi or Videl (Videl being the most likely)
  9. Roshi
  10. Toss up between Ginyu and Mr. Satan

ZenTzen

My top 10 wishlist
1 - Broly
2 - 21
3 - Master Roshi
4 - Hit
5 - Launch
6 - Gotenks
7 - Kid Buu
8 - Mr Satan
9 - Beerus
10 - Nuova Shenron or Ultimate Gohan

Spman2099

I wanna join in too! These are the characters I hope make up the last ten...

- Kid Goku (should absolutely make it, but is far from a lock)
- Roshi (deserves a spot)
- Bulma (with capsule based move set)
- Ginyu (with Ginyu Force)
- Gotenks (he is a lock)
- Brianne de Chateau (best Super inclusion)
- Hit (he is fairly "cool")
- Kale (she replaces Broly)
- Super Buu (if we have to have another Buu...)
- Great Saiyaman (if we have to have an adult Gohan...)

Baleoce

I'd really like for roshi to be in it. Need some old buggers in the line up. Mafuuba would be a cool super as well. Opponent can just pop out weakened. Or if it finishes the match you can get to see roshi put a seal on it. Also, buff roshi form.

Quebaz

Dabra = Dabura = Doubler

Frieza = Freeza = Freezer

Vegita = Vegeta = Bejita

Just different alternative forms of spelling/and or pronunciation.

How do you get Doubler if the source pun is abracadabra? If anything Dabura is the exact romanization of his name while Dabra would be the One True Spelling(™).

Alecs27

Neo Member
I'd really like for roshi to be in it. Need some old buggers in the line up. Mafuuba would be a cool super as well. Opponent can just pop out weakened. Or if it finishes the match you can get to see roshi put a seal on it. Also, buff roshi form.
I had the same exact thought, lol
He would be on my team for sure, sadly he won't make it in, at least in the base roster :(

patchday

- Videl
- Kale or Broly (leaning towards Kale cause she's more versatile)
- Hit
- Beerus
- Cauliflower (spelling...)
- Goku Black / Zamas
- Roshi
- Kid Goku (might be fun)

rmanthorp

Pompadour

So - you collect the Dragon Balls based on the combos you do - pretty weird to have a thing that will encourage specific number ranges for combos as getting a large combo ball doesn't get you the ones under 7... I'm excited to see how this plays out. Wonder WTF they do as well as they seem shared? Is Shenron just going to showup when all 7 are there? http://shoryuken.com/2017/10/04/dragon-ball-fighterz-will-allow-players-to-collect-all-seven-dragon-balls-in-actual-matches/

If it's like the source material anyone can ask for a wish regardless of who summoned Shenron.

LordKasual

Banned
If he wasn't such a poorly-written character, I'd actually like him. He's like if the Hulk could go Super Saiyan.

That's probably why I like Kale so much. She's like Broly but with a backstory that doesn't suck, & is powered by anxiety, self-doubt, & jealousy rather than a hypno-crown & inability to forgive a crying baby.

On the topic of this game? Broly's inevitable. People may not like him, & he may officially be non-canon, but he's still one of the series' most well-known & well-loved characters. If he's not part of the base roster, he's going to be Day 1 DLC ala Goro or Darkseid.

Kale is more annoying than Sakura from Naruto

and that is saying a whole fucking lot

I honestly think she's the most aggravating fucking character ive ever seen

Linari

Neo Member
The wish mechanic seems like a neat idea and it's probably balanced around the fact that both players are able to get thee dragon balls.

It could be tied to the sparking blast mechanic(?) and give certain effects like damage increase/reduction, speed up, new cancel properties, use as burst mechanic, change in special and normal move properties, etc. Or just be a separate thing entirely.

Its probably/most likely an option to choose different wishes per player. Wishes might include revive a teammate(lol), extra sparking blast, burst a la GG/BB, infinite meter/full meter, new move properties(?), immortality(?), full health(?), or speed boost.

DrDogg

The wish mechanic seems like a neat idea and it's probably balanced around the fact that both players are able to get thee dragon balls.

It could be tied to the sparking blast mechanic(?) and give certain effects like damage increase/reduction, speed up, new cancel properties, use as burst mechanic, change in special and normal move properties, etc. Or just be a separate thing entirely.

Its probably/most likely an option to choose different wishes per player. Wishes might include revive a teammate(lol), extra sparking blast, burst a la GG/BB, infinite meter/full meter, new move properties(?), immortality(?), full health(?), or speed boost.

None of that sounds good from a competitive standpoint. You have to sacrifice damage to get the 1-star and probably the 2-star balls. But by the time you have all 7 balls, the match will be at least half over.

I really just wish they'd tell us what it does. Right now this sounds bad, but I believe in ASW so I assume it will either have minimal impact on the match, or be very difficult to pull off in competitive play.

The Dragon Balls are gonna be like the GRD meter from Under Night.

What does it do?

cordy

Banned

Well said.

It's hard to bet on any other character besides those

Yep. We know how these games go.

Gotenks
Kid Buu
U.Gohan
Beerus

After that it's a toss up.

Black, Hit and Broly aren't normal characters.
My final 10:

- Roshi.
- Nappa.
- Ginyu.
- Gotenks.
- Ultimate Gohan.
- Kid Buu.
- Beerus with Whis.
- Hit.
- Goku Black with Zamasu.
- Android 21.

This right here? That's the rest of my list. Exactly the same.

Wrap it up. We got the list.

cordy

Banned
Kale is more annoying than Sakura from Naruto

and that is saying a whole fucking lot

I honestly think she's the most aggravating fucking character ive ever seen

Naaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

You've forgotten Haruno Sakura. What made Sakura more annoying than just about every other anime character is the fact that she had no self-respect for herself, even by the end of the series. Sakura took all that abuse from Sasuke, still had his child and then stays home while he's doing God knows what. Kale on the other hand, for how annoying she is, she's stuck up for herself and she's got a backbone.

Sakura's one of the worst characters in anime. Kale is like Monkey D. Luffy compared to her.

Linari

Neo Member
None of that sounds good from a competitive standpoint. You have to sacrifice damage to get the 1-star and probably the 2-star balls. But by the time you have all 7 balls, the match will be at least half over.

I really just wish they'd tell us what it does. Right now this sounds bad, but I believe in ASW so I assume it will either have minimal impact on the match, or be very difficult to pull off in competitive play.

I believe thats the intention. But I can see the concern about it.

Say if you have the Revive a teammate wish but are on your final character/anchor, do you make a choice of shorter combos for the 1 star and 2 star balls? Or do you go for the max damage with meter. No meter? Setup? Combos for the other 3, 4, 5, 6, ,7 star dragon balls?

On the flip side if you're winning you can deny the opponent by forcing them into the situation above and make them sacrifice damage/meter/both to get the dragon balls and fulfill their Revive wish. But because they can fulfill a wish, both the winner and losing side get the benefit for their wishes.

A bit of speculation, but it could just be a version of GRD system.

What does it do?

http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Under_Night_In-Birth/System

TWILT

Banned
I think the dragon ball mechanic will be fine (provided the effects aren't too silly like immortality for one character lol). It isn't random to get since it depends on your combo counter (which was kinda the main concern I had since I thought it might be something like Xrd's "Danger Time") and I like how it encourages you to spend meter/try different combos for different dragon balls. Obviously, will depend on what/how strong the effects are, but I'm fairly cautiously optimistic about it.

Top Bottom