• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Since this has turned into One Piece chat (my personal favorite of the big SJumps) I was reading about the 2 new OP games in development and discovered that the ASW One Piece game for 3DS (which I never checked out cause 3DS and it then I saw sold basically nothing which sucks) actually has CROSSPLAY with Extreme Butoden... This trailer made me cry a little: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVNJ3xJhtXQ

So basically since DBZF seems a lot like an extension of EB with some shared move concepts and some close animations the DREAM game of Jump FighterZ or One Piece x DragonBall is real. PLEASE

and they should seriously (re)release Great Pirate Colosseum VS Extreme Butoden in some form to get in on the hype for DBFZ and show more people that this mode was possible cause it's cool as hell imo

Dude, the moment this game was announced the first thing that came to mind is When's One Piece vs Dragon Ball?

mas8705

Going to try and steer the conversation back to Dragon Ball (probably going to fail, but never hurts to try).

Speaking of: Wasn't it said that they were going to try and pull from multiple Dragon Balls besides just Z and Super? If so, I wonder what the chances will be that we will see a few characters from the original Dragon Ball as playable.

Hell, I'm sure that people would love the idea of having a playable "King Piccolo" and to have a "Team Namekian" between him and his son. Probably might not happen, but it would be a real kicker if we find out just how far they are planning on taking the roster.

Chavelo

Does anyone has any new info on how exactly one can sign up for the DBZF tourney at EVO? Was thinking of just heading over to Namco's booth once doors open on Friday.

Have they said what console the tournament will run on? I know the E3 build was on XB1.

I wonder if there'll be Arcade Sticks there, or if players will be allowed to bring their own.

Have they said what console the tournament will run on? I know the E3 build was on XB1.

I wonder if there'll be Arcade Sticks there, or if players will be allowed to bring their own.

They didn't have sticks at E3 as far as I know and there were only XBOne controllers when I played it at AX. I would imagine the booth would only have controllers, so I hope they allow the use of sticks. I'd never touched an XBOne controller until then and I don't think I've ever even played Xrd or any other air dasher on pad so it was rough for me hahah.

Yeah, Max and many others were talking about how they'd like to play the game on an Arcade Stick to see how it'd feel. Since they're having a tournament, I could see Arcade Sticks being available.

dan2026

I think King Piccolo was an ancient Namekian like Guru. They're much taller than the average Namekian.
Piccolo Daimao was literally a demon.
Or at least some sort of evil spirit that was given form when Kami expelled him.

I kinda assume his Namekian appearance was almost entirely coincidental. Not that Namek had even been conceived at this point.

Spman2099

Piccolo Daimao was literally a demon.
Or at least some sort of evil spirit that was given form when Kami expelled him.

I kinda assume his Namekian appearance was almost entirely coincidental. Not that Namek had even been conceived at this point.

Basically, Dragon Ball Z is the Highlander 2 to Dragon Ball's Highlander. It is a big, dumb, sci-fi retcon of a fantasy story.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
will tune in

is DBFZ the official acronym BTW?

I've been using "DBF", myself.

After all, it's "Fighterz", not "Fighter Z".

I think DBFZ should be the official acronym since we already have DBF.

zBjqbNS.jpg

Pompadour

The fact that I am seeing "Capcuck" getting used more and more implies something terrible about the FGC. Not that I am surprised or anything, I never expect much from the FGC.

Yeah, I noticed sometime last year that r/kappa got real into some of the alt-right's language. Which is especially weird since the FGC vernacular seems to built entirely out of black slang.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Arc System and Capcom did what Nether Realm can't do. They actually included subtitles for their intro dialogues in modern fighting games.

DrDogg

Something to note, the build on Bifu's stream did not have Trunks. Hopefully the Trunks build just wasn't at the venue yet, but some people in chat were saying it wouldn't be there at all. Don't know how valid that statement is, but just a warning.

Something to note, the build on Bifu's stream did not have Trunks. Hopefully the Trunks build just wasn't at the venue yet, but some people in chat were saying it wouldn't be there at all. Don't know how valid that statement is, but just a warning.

it was confirmed not to be the trunks build a while ago. The original thing saying it was was wrong

Yeah, I noticed sometime last year that r/kappa got real into some of the alt-right's language. Which is especially weird since the FGC vernacular seems to built entirely out of black slang.
I've heard way more black players use that term than white so I dunno where you are getting these stupid ideas.

Boke1879

Kinda off topic from the discussion going on now.

But I really hope they go all out for the release of this game and do an amazing Collectors Edition.

The fact that I am seeing "Capcuck" getting used more and more implies something terrible about the FGC. Not that I am surprised or anything, I never expect much from the FGC.

FGC has been full of terrible people for a while. We still have people that say "triggered" in public.

That said I haven't heard anyone say "Capcuck" so I think that might just be an r/kappa thing. and while there's probably an incredible amount of overlap I like to think of r/kappa and the FGC as separate entities.

That's the main difference between the two I think. FGC events are full of minority groups and people of color, but I'm pretty convinced that r/kappa is mostly angry white nerds. So the alt right leanings come as no surprise

Top Bottom