• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ (PC/XB1/PS4, BN/ASW, UE4, early 2018, beta Sum 2017) E3 trailer

Balfour

The real question is if is if we'll see Super Future Trunks

Super Saiyan Trunks is a given

but in Super Trunks heavily adjusted his fighting style.

He uses his sword a lot more

For one he reached Super Saiyan 2 (in the manga this was on par with Goku's SSj3 because he underwent Supreme Kai's ZSword training. Old Kai didn't appear through as Dabura destroyed the Z sword) And also reached a unique form which is pretty much just super rage boos in his Super Saiyan 2 form (so this could be used as a mid battle transformation like Frieza), which allowed him to keep up with goku Black (even if he couldn't defeat him). Then all of a sudden it seems he can make a Spirit bomb lol.

Aside form that Trunks added in several moves from Vegeta. I hope we can see the Father-Son Galick Gun somehow

Fatherson%2BGalickGun.gif

Slaythe

paging Slaythe

Thank you bb.

Who is Slaythe? I thought he was just a fanboy. Is he legit commentator or FGC person?

I handled some commentary for bandai and ESL. DBZ and GG are both my favorite licences so it sounds like a dream. I'll try my best.

17 isn't a waste of space, get out of here with that.

<3.

<3

Did she get a forehead reduction?

The huge forehead was a really bad interpretation of Toriyama's art in the original show (that was corrected in some episodes depending on the animators).

17 looks gorgeous now.

ATGYTSt.gif

Yeah it could just the finisher of a combo.

Expecting Trunks super to slice the camera In half tho.

tumblr_inline_n13jtgSNpR1s6nw8r.gif

What I love is that if you actually finish the opponent with Buu's cookie attack, he eats them and kills them.

This is dope. So I'm sure Trunks would kill too if you use it as a finisher.

If you guys want a proper roster thread, I volunteer to make it. With graphics and all.

What I love is that if you actually finish the opponent with Buu's cookie attack, he eats them and kills them.

This is dope. So I'm sure Trunks would kill too if you use it as a finisher.

If you guys want a proper roster thread, I volunteer to make it. With graphics and all.

If you want to make it character specific
nucbkqC.gif

Zomba13

We're probably not going to see beam struggles. They think it'll slow the game down too much

They've said as much for those reasons. Which is fair enough I think. beam struggles look cool and can be hype but slow the game down and are hard to do without them just being a mash/stick rotate thing and that is hardly ever actually fun.

cordy

Banned
Yeah I'm pretty sure Trunks's ultimate will be what he did to kill Freeza. The angles from him launching the Burning Attack switching to him above Freeza to the camera splitting, ASW would do that justice. As a kid I didn't appreciate how that scene was from a director's pov but as an adult, man, that was genius.

Balfour

Yeah I'm pretty sure Trunks's ultimate will be what he did to kill Freeza. The angles from him launching the Burning Attack switching to him above Freeza to the camera splitting, ASW would do that justice. As a kid I didn't appreciate how that scene was from a director's pov but as an adult, man, that was genius.

inb4 they use Heat Dome attack

i hate Heat Dome

Slaythe

Don't games get a different ESBR if there is fighting with swords ?

I know the latest DB Fusions had to remove swords from the game in western version......

I know the latest DB Fusions had to remove swords from the game in western version......

Not ESRB ratings, no. I believe that was done for a European country, but for some reason all western versions had it like that.
Fusions still ended up with a T in America.

Balfour

They were marketing it a little for kids as well. Mainly because it was the 3DS. Mainly they did it for dumb reasons.

with Swords, the ESRB shouldn't change. blood and gore would raise it though

as a fighting game, I don;t think they'll worry about the sword

Slaythe

TBH, If they're including Super there's no way his Ultimate won't be his
Spirit Bomb Powered Sword

Just make it two birds one stone.

The frieza finisher as lv 3 attack.

And give him an Ikari install like golden frieza, that changes his sword supers to have the spirit one with better range, and changes the lv3 finisher visually.

Balfour

TBH, If they're including Super there's no way his Ultimate won't be his
Spirit Bomb Powered Sword

]

That's only if they go that far into Super. But if they do, that would probably be the cutoff point for the main game before any DLC

I imagine if they have a hard deadline for release, they will put more priority on Z characters for launch roster

Friendly reminder that putting images in spoiler tags doesn't hide the image for people on mobile.

RIP

Fj0823

Just make it two birds one stone.

The frieza finisher as lv 3 attack.

And give him an Ikari install like golden frieza, that changes his sword supers to have the spirit one with better range, and changes the lv3 finisher visually.

That would be the definitive Trunks experience, yes.

I haven't played Injustice 2 so I'm not exactly sure how it works, but would it be possible to do a beam struggle like they do that clash thing? Wager levels of super meter, whoever picks the most wins? Seems like something that could be animated to happen quickly.

Alienous

I haven't played Injustice 2 so I'm not exactly sure how it works, but would it be possible to do a beam struggle like they do that clash thing? Wager levels of super meter, whoever picks the most wins? Seems like something that could be animated to happen quickly.

That'd actually be a pretty cool way of handling it.

But it would still probably kill the momentum of a match for a coincidental beam clash.

Slaythe

Yeah but they decided not to go for it. The Tag system makes it unnecessary to have a clash mechanic and they have an X factor kind of thing too.

We don't know what happens yet if two beams collide. IMO it should just be : cancel out each other + if a lv 3 is launched against a lv 1 it takes over.

bumpkin

Yeah but they decided not to go for it. The Tag system makes it unnecessary to have a clash mechanic and they have an X factor kind of thing too.

We don't know what happens yet if two beams collide. IMO it should just be : cancel out each other + if a lv 3 is launched against a lv 1 it takes over.
That's what I'm wondering; are there beam struggles? I feel like they'd be a crapshoot given how little space there is between the characters and startup time and all of that, but it would be cool and true to the DBZ we know and love.

Alienous

I wouldn't mind a brief clash effect, like when two players hit eachother simultaneously, followed by the stronger beam overtaking the weaker one. Maybe subtract the damage the weaker beam would have done from the stronger one so it isn't a total wash for the loser.

Balfour

That's what I'm wondering; are there beam struggles? I feel like they'd be a crapshoot given how little space there is between the characters and startup time and all of that, but it would be cool and true to the DBZ we know and love.

In the interview posted earlier, the producer said they decided against it because it slows down the pace too much

Slaythe

That's what I'm wondering; are there bean struggles? I feel like they'd be a crapshoot given how little space there is between the characters and startup time and all of that, but it would be cool and true to the DBZ we know and love.

There are no beam struggles. They said the pacing of the game works better without it, as it is all really fast.

I'm sure you still have nice "dbz like" moments of the sorts, for instance if Frieza uses his lv 3 nova strike against a lv 1 kamehameha.

Or Final Flash lv3 vs lv1 kamehameha. That should be pretty dope.

Lulubop

They can, but it'd be awful because it's awful in IJ2. Luckily ASW is against slowing down the game with.

God I hate this design. It just feels so cheap.
It's awful. Looks like a terrible create a character. Could say the same for most characters in Super.

Theres a difference between smaller proportions and bad proportions.

Just seems like Super has a terrible budget, even the better looking episodes with decent animation have bad art or vice versa. It never comes together.

LiK

Anyone have links to pro players reacting to the E3 trailer? I only watched Max and Floe's reactions. I dunno the other channels lol

Kale looks like a Xenoverse CAC, I really hope that garbage stays out. I like Super fine, for the most part, but it's a ugly-ass show more often than not. Hit's a literal dickhead.

It's awful. Looks like a terrible create a character. Could say the same for most characters in Super.

Theres a difference between smaller proportions and bad proportions.

Just seems like Super has a terrible budget, even the better looking episodes with decent animation have bad art or vice versa. It never comes together.

Kale looks like a Xenoverse CAC, I really hope that garbage stays out. I like Super fine, for the most part, but it's a ugly-ass show more often than not. Hit's a literal dickhead.

VRvEOHH.png

I have a big feeling Future Trunks might be a stance change character. Don't know why but if any character would have that gimmick it's him.

Balfour

Is there video of this? Or do you mean there's some kind of system that overrides an assist's cooldown time?

I don't know

but like Guilty Gear there are ways to expend meter to break out of combos and recover.

the assists have a long cool down and considering the speed of the game, you'll be able to break out. So like you can recover and then call an assist of your own to make them back off

Fj0823

So many wrong opinions in this thread.

Exactly, at the very least Kale has some personality and character

I'll take insecure girl who has unhealthy levels of admiration towards her extremely talented friend/crush over a literal noncharacter that is an angry genocidal maniac because he couldn't sleep as a baby once....for like, 3 hours.

I have a big feeling Future Trunks might be a stance change character. Don't know why but if any character would have that gimmick it's him.

Hmmm I think Tienshinhan could work with a 2 arm/4-arms stance switch

FluxWaveZ

I don't know

but like Guilty Gear there are ways to expend meter to break out of combos and recover.

the assists have a long cool down and considering the speed of the game, you'll be able to break out. So like you can recover and then call an assist of your own to make them back off

Are you talking about Sparking Blast, which is this game's equivalent of the Burst? That's kinda different, but I know what you mean by it cutting down potential combo lengths. Still, I still think it would be problematic if a legit combo could occur in this game with the duration letting a player call an assist as it starts, and then calling the same assist while it's going on to extend it.

Top Bottom